Returned

Starry Nights of Endless Love

I wrote this drabble while listening to this: https://youtu.be/Daiz6iqSIE0

So, for a better feel of the text try listening~

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The wonderful thing about being with nature is the Calm that whispers in his ears and the tickles Zhoumi’s back receives as he gently lies down on a grassy hill. The night stands utterly still waiting for those who are still up to focus on the beauty within the night. Stars shine bright in contrast with the dark abyss of a sky and they dance to the slow rhythm of all those under the Sandman’s trance. The wind leaps from dream to dream and steals anxiety and stress from those who can’t sleep in hopes to lure them into a state of rest. The rustling of nature matches every step the wind takes, the sound reminding Zhoumi of a mother cradling her child while singing a lullaby. Zhoumi positioned his hands under his head in a criss cross formation and looked up at the glistening stars. It was nights like this that he loved and yet now he finds melancholy in the way the trees sway. He zones out when the wind whispers sweet nothings into his ears because he’s heard all of them before; the once comforting whispers had gotten old. Looking at the stars used to fill Zhoumi’s eyes with astonishment and adoration. He looked up at Night fall like it was his savior, and at the time it was. But now the stars look like little creatures criticizing his every thought, his every word, and his every action. The night that seemed so beautiful was tainted with memories of the one he loved, the one he adored.

 

    Memories of the one he would die to bring back.


 

    ***

 

    “I wish I could love and beloved.” Zhoumi stared up at the cloudy sky his mind just as clouded. He stood there for awhile, looking at the night sky and noticed a star. Just one star.

 

    “Is that your wish?” A warm, velvety voice whispered into his ear. He looked around but no one was there.

 

    “Yes…” He said back, hoping to confirm the source of the voice with another reply.

 

“Look at the star Zhoumi.” The voice said and faded out. houmi did as he was told and looked up at the lonely star.

 

That one star that Zhoumi found in the sky looked as though it were an apple plucked from its tree as it descended to earth. The male rubbed his eyes, he must have been dreaming, but when he looked back the star was right in front of him.

 

“Victoria.” It said, and glowed brighter than ever as it stretched and pulled into a form more familiar to Zhoumi’s world. Her hair looked like a piece of the sky, floated with her. Her skin looked smooth and pale, and the glow of her former form remained just as breath-taking. Zhoumi stared at familiar loving eyes and beautiful angelic features.

 

 

 

She was his dead wife, Victoria.


***