[1/1]

Finals, First Snows and Hot Chocolate Kisses

 

" it." Yixing groans, his voice hardly above a whisper but it's not like Baekhyun would wake up anyway. Although, is was almost 2am which means the petite boy would indeed wake up soon for his nightly piss. Yixing brings his weary attention back to his textbook then to his neat, colour-coded notes. They looked so harmless even though they've caused Yixing so much stress these past few days. "Yeah, seriously. it, I'm done for tonight."

     Yixing takes his glasses off and stands for the first time in 4 hours. He swears he could almost hear his body cry out when he stretches. His legs, a tad numb but still moveable, shuffle their way to the kitchen cupboard to find his favourite hot chocolate mix because he could really use some of that deliciousness right about now. Especially with all that nasty studying he had to do.

     Unfortunately, when the cupboard opens, there is no hot chocolate mix container to greet him. Yixing's eyes flash quickly to the garbage can in the corner and of course, that container sits right on top, empty and mocking him. Damn, Baekhyun. I'm gonna kick his , Yixing thinks to himself. Now what?

     Yixing brings out his cellphone to check the time; 1:54am, it reads and no messages. Not that Yixing was waiting for any, per se. He knew Joonmyun had finals as well an they mutually agreed not to message or call each other until they were both fully done with their exams. But he did miss him. A lot.

     Joonmyun was one of his closest friends since high school and they were miraculously accepted into the same university together, too. He was majoring in Literature and Yixing was majoring in International Business. Yixing was ecstatic that they didn't have to separate because, well, Yixing had a not-so-tiny, huge- sparkly crush on Joonmyun. It was inevitable because he was so handsome and sweet and funny that Yixing fell hard by the end of junior year. Now, they were finishing up the first semester of their second year at Seoul National and Yixing's feelings haven't changed one bit. What did change was Joonmyun's character, but not by much. Joonmyun was more teasing and playfully flirty towards Yixing nowadays and even though Yixing's heart did pathetic little flips when Joonmyun talked to him like that, he knew it was hopeless to think of Joonmyun liking him more than just a friend.

     But enough of Yixing's pitiful one-sided love, he had more important things to worry about. Like where in hell is he gonna get his cocoa fix? 

     Wait, he knew a café a fee blocks away that was opened 24 hours. Eureka! He could just go there. Yixing decides that yes, at 1:57am, he's putting on his coat and boots to walk a few blocks in the chilly December weather to go get some hot. It wasn't really that bad outside and he could use some fresh air since he's been cooped up for days.

     Just as he's picking his keys up from the bowl they keep them in, Yixing hears a door open and he turns to see a half-asleep Baekhyun waddling out, rubbing at his eyes and clad only in boxers, despite it being the middle of December. As if feeling Yixing's stares, Baekhyun turns, sees Yixing and tiredly sends a smile to him. He doesn't show any reaction seeing Yixing about to because it wasn't unusual for Yixing to take walks at night. Although, the first time Baekhyun caught him, Yixing had to explain for half an hour that he wasn't about to go buy drugs, meet with a hooker or murder someone.

     "I thought you were studying," Baekhyun says with a yawn.

     "I was but my brain is pretty much mush right now so I'm done for the night. I think I'm good for my last final this afternoon so I'm gonna go take a breather. Also, somebody finished my hot chocolate so I'll get some while I'm out, too."

     "Alright, be safe, Xing." Yixing doesn't know if it's the grogginess that made Baekhyun ignore his indirect jab or he's pretending he didn't hear so he wouldn't have to admit he's guilty. Yixing shakes his head, chucking softly before he leaves and shuts the door behind him. When he gets downstairs and steps outside, the air is pleasantly cool with little to no wind. The streets are also empty and Yixing loves it.

     This winter was kinda disappointing so far because it hasn't snowed one bit so instead of trudging through ankle deep snow, Yixing walks calmly on the bare concrete. The occasional car passes him, speeding way over the limit mostly due to the fact that it's past two and the roads are completely bare. Looking up, Yixing sees the stars scatter across the dark sky but he can also see some clouds in the distance. I hope it's not about to rain, he thinks.

     The air suddenly gets a bit more colder and Yixing has to shove his hands into his pockets to keep them warm because he forgot his gloves. Again. He crosses the street and as soon as he takes a couple more steps, he feels his cellphone vibrate against his hand. When Yixing brings it out, he sees a missed call from Joonmyun and the text he just got was from Joonmyun too.

 

'sup, xing.
ok so i know tht we're supposed to b studying but i cant take it anymore
my brain is gonna explode soon and
i really wanted to talk to u bc it's been like 6 days.
Oh dear, there goes Yixing's heart again.
im srry for calling, u must still b studying but txt me back when u can, ok?

 

     Yixing calms his heart before he has cardiac arrest and instead of texting, he calls back. Joonmyun picks up on the first ring.

     "Yixing?"

     "Mister Kim Joonmyun, I'm super flattered you wanna text me but my fingers are cold because I forgot my gloves."

     "Again? Where are you, Xing? Aren't you studying?"

     "Nah, I'm done for tonight too because I don't wanna liquify my brain. And I'm on a walk to EXpressO to get some hot chocolate because that Big Booty Byun drank the rest I had at home."

     "You're going to EXpressO? How far are you?"

     "Yeah, and I still got a block an a half to walk. Why?"

     "Because that's where I'm heading now, too. I'm only a few feet away, actually."

     "Really?"

     "Yeah. Yixing, do me a favour and stop where you are. I'll buy the drinks and come to you so wait for me, okay?"

     "Are you sure, Joon? I'll be there soon."

     "I'm sure."

     "Well, alright. I'm waiting at one of the benches on the sidewalk, 'kay?"

     "Mhm hm, I'll see you in a bit, Xing. Bye."

     "Bye-bye!"

     Yixing hangs up and glides over to the bench in his sight before sitting to wait for Joonmyun. He grins to himself, happy he was going to be able to see him. It had been so long since he last heard Joonmyun's voice or seen him and Yixing was not short of ecstatic. Almost ten minutes later, Yixing hears his name being shouted and he turns to see Joonmyun speed walking to him with two travel cups in his hands. And man, does he look cute.

     Joonmyun's wearing a red beanie over his pitch black hair with the word 'DOPE' written across in white, looking too adorable for words. A plain, smoke coloured coat drapes his short but built frame and on the hands wrapped around the cups are his signature Spiderman gloves. Yixing sighs endearingly as he stands. How could he not like this dork?

     "Yixing!" Joonmyun greets and hugs him, careful mot to spill the hot drinks on Yixing. It's so great to see you again. I was so lonely without you!" . Shut up stupid Joonmyun! Shut up stupid heart!

     "Oh really? Then you should've gotten a cat or something." Yixing sassily replies as he takes his drink from Joonmyun.

     "Awh, so mean. Didn't you miss me too?" Yes, more than you know.

     "Sure." Joonmyun pouts at Yixing's lack of response and sips his chai latte; Yixing can tell from the spicy, aromatic scent of cinnamon and ginger. They walk slowly down the sidewalk, sipping their beverages with the only sound between them being their shoes on the pavement.

     "Did you really not miss me, Yixing?" Joonmyun suddenly asks, breaking their silence. Yixing's surprised at the tone of voice he uses because if he was hearing right, Joonmyun sounded heartbroken. Yixing turns to look at him but Joonmyun's facing away and Yixing prays he's not crying. Even though it would make him extremely happy that Joon got upset thinking Xing didn't miss him.

     ", Joonmyun, I was joking! I really missed you! I missed you so much that I didn't know what to do! i'm serious, I really hate when we're apart so please don't think I wouldn't miss you if you were away from me for any period of time!" Yixing admits in a frantic state as he stops and tries to get a look at Joonmyun's face. He hears laughing and that's when he sees that Joonmyun was just pretending to be sad when really, he was turned away so Yixing wouldn't see the grin on his face. Yixing angrily huffs and storms off and he hears Joonmyun following after him, still chuckling. 

     "Xing, I'm sorry!" Joonmyun says as he runs up to stand in front of Yixing, blocking him from walking away anymore. Yixing rolls his eyes at the barely suppressed smile still on Joonmyun's face. "I just really wanted to hear you say you missed me. Sorry for making you say all that. I hope you can forgive me~" Joonmyun is pouting again, gazing up at Yixing with those adorable eyes and Yixing can't hold his temper. He could never stay mad at Joonmyun for long, anyway.

     "Alright, Joon. I forgive you. Yixing agrees and taps his fingers on Joonmyun's cheeks. The man gasps and puts his drink down on on the ground before ripping off his gloves and taking Yixing's hands in his.

     "Xing! Why didn't you tell me you hands were this freezing?" He scolds and stares at Yixng with hard eyes. "They're practically icicles!"

     "Joonmyun, it's okay, I'm fi—" Yixing tries to say but shuts up when he's glared at again. Joonmyun takes Yixing's cup and puts it on the ground with his and then takes Yixing's right hand, slipping on one of his gloves. He puts the other side on his own left hand and then picks up the cups before handing Yixing back his.

     "Alright, now hold you cup with your gloved hand and you should be fine."

     "What about this hand?" Yixing asks, raising up his left hand and pointing to it with his eyes. He's taken aback when Joonmyun grabs it with his own bare hand and smile that beautiful smile of his.

     "I'll hold it so my body heat will warm you up. is that okay?" Joonmyun asks and Yixing nods dumbly, his cheeks burning. They continue walking, Joonmyun sipping his drink leisurely and completely unaware of the turmoil going on within Yixing's mind. Oh my God, we're actually holding hands—ah they're so warm. Crap, forget my brain, I think my heart's gonna liquify. Joonmyun, why do you do this to me—

     "Xing, my latte's done, Can I have some of your hot chocolate?" Yixing snaps out his thoughts and brings the cup protectively into his chest.

     "No!" He says, sticking out his tongue. Joonmyun narrows his eyes and tries to grab it from him but Yixing darts out of the way, again mocking him. Joonmyun smirks, a challenging look in his eye that causes Yixing to yelp, running off before Joonmyun can try anything again. He heads into a local park, taking the chance to look back behind his shoulder and gasps when he sees Joonmyun coming after him.

     Yixing races across the dead leaves toward the kiddie playscape and squeals with laughter as he runs behind the equipment, hiding from Joonmyun. The liquid sloshes in his cup but Yixing's careful not to drop it. When he sees Joonmyun coming around, Yixing quickly runs away in a circle around the playground and snickers when he hears Joonmyun growl in frustration.

     Yixing goes behind the slide and stifles his laughter before peering out from his hiding spot. He doesn't see Joonmyun and turns to check the other side but instead, Yixing gasps in surprise when he bumps into Joonmyun who cages his arms around him.

     "Haha! I caught you!" Joonmyun exclaims in triumph, grabbing the cup from Yixing's hands and taking a generous gulp.

     "Hey! That's an indirect kiss!" Yixing blurts. Out of all the things to say, Brain, why did it have to be that?! Joonmyun blinks at what Yixing said while the aforementioned man dies inwardly; Joonmyun finally speaks after a pregnant pause.

     "Oh, I'm sorry," he says nonchalantly and Yixing is about to question it when he feels something unexpected.

     Joonmyun's lips over his own, kissing him softly but surely.

     Oh my God.

     When Joonmyun pulls back, he smirks and brushes the pad of his thumb on Yixing's cheek. "Now that's a direct kiss," he beams. Yixing is too surprised to say anything back and he feels his hot chocolate slip out of his hands. Joonmyun then bites the corner of his lip and takes Yixing's hands in his. "Um, I hope you don't mind me using your shock to my advantage but I've been dying to say this and now is a really good time to." Still no reaction from Yixing so Joonmyun decides to go on and takes a deep breath in.

     "Yixing, I really like you. Would you please be my b-boyfriend?" Even though he sounded so confident before, Joonmyun still stutters as he confesses and he swears under his breath as his cheeks take on a pretty pink hue. Yixing stares at him, a hundred times more stunned than before and his limbs are apparently frozen because he can't move an inch. Only his mouth stays opens in shock. It isn't until Joonmyun shakes his shoulder gently that Yixing snaps out of it and his face nearly splits with how wide he smiles.

     "Yes! yes, I'll be your boyfriend, Joonmyun!" He shouts and throws his arms around Joonmyun's neck, giggling happily as he does. Joonmyun hugs him back, his own happy laughs bursting in the night air and when they pull back, Joonmyun cups Yixing's face and kisses him again.

     Yixing sighs against Joonmyun's lips that taste spicy and perfect. He's so happy that he actually fears his heart might leap out of his chest; they're pressed so close that Yixing knows his hearing is right because Joonmyun's heart is beating just as fast as his is.

     Yixing suddenly feels something cold and wet touch his cheek and at first, he thinks Joonmyun is crying but when he pulls back, light snowflakes are falling. Yixing smiles, showing Joonmyun the snowflakes that are slowly cascading in beautiful swirls around them. Joonmyun returns the smile and presses their foreheads together before their lips.

     Who knew that finals, first snows and hot chocolate kisses could bring two hearts together so perfectly?

 

 

 


 


[A/N] Ugh who else cringed at that cheesy one liner? I did yet I'm such a dork bc I also thought it was too sweet to take out so I left it in lol. 

I hope you all liked it! Even though it's like only half edited! xD

To those who still have finals/exams, I wish you all the luck possible and to those who'll do them anytime soon, don't be a lazy bum and study! Don't stress out, too and make sure you get lots of rest and food! You're gonna do great!

Comment, subs or upvote, please!

Bye, Lovelies~


소니아 (\_/)