1/2

Wait, Kim Jiwon is back?

********* 5 years ago **********

"Hani ah, why can't you give Elsa a balloon?"  asked the boy smiling mischievously showing his teeth which made him looked like a cute bunny.

"Oh I know this because Frozen is my favourite movie," you exclaimed trying hard to guess the answer. Frozen was your all time favourite movie, but even by recalling the whole movie on top of your head, you still couldn't guess the asnwer "Wait, I dont know. Why?" you asked full with anticipation for the boy's answer.

The boy in front of you grinned as if looking at your clueless face was the most amusing thing.

"Because she will let it go," he watched for your reaction and burst out laughing when you pouted instead of laughing along at his Frozen joke.

"Heol~ okay okay I get it. Do you have any more jokes?" you retorted. You enjoyed listening to his jokes eventhough it didn't make sense most of the time. However, to hear the sound of his laughter coming after the jokes had to be the tthing you enjoyed hearing most.

The boy stopped laughing and looked towards the blue sky trying to come up with a new joke. Few second later, he turned to your direction and grinned upon looking at your eager expression. He took a deep breath and said "what did the nose say to the finger?"

You made a puzzle look. You acknowledged that his jokes were bad sometimes but this boy was a genius because you could never solve his jokes. After a minute of silence, you raised both your hands up as a sign of surrender. Still grinning he revealed the answer "stop picking on me," followed by laughter.

"Euuuuuw," you made a disgusted face and continued speaking "Jiwonnie that is disgusting. hahahaha but that was funny. Do you have more?"

"I do. Wait, let me think okay," he informed and did the same as he did before; while looking up the sky, he tried to come out with a new joke. You couldn't resist but to admire his pensive expression and adored the way his eyes slightly crinkled as he was too engrossed in thinking. You stopped gawking over him when you suddenly remember the one thing that had been in your mind, and you felt like it was the right time to get it out of your chest.

"Jiwonnie, I have something to ask you," you began talking yet still doubting if it was the right desicion.

"Oh, what is it?" he turned looking puzzled. Your heart beat wildly upon staring at his widen eyes and you could feel the sweat forming in your palms. "I....I want to ask if you want to go on an ice cream date with me?" you asked lowering your gaze and played with your fingers restlessly while waiting for his answer. You always knew his affinitty towards cookies and cream flavored ice cream that he would never turn down the offer. He stayed silenced for a while and stared at you with an unusual expresion making you feeling uneasy. His expression then turned sour and made you wondered if you had ruined the friendship between the two of you. Just when his mouth twiched about to say something, you were interrupted by something else.

"Bobby!! What are you doing? Your parents are looking for you," shouted a familiar voice.

"Oh yes BI. Im coming," the boy had finally spoken, only it wasn't to you.  "Hani ah, I have to go," he said looking at you with a sad pair of eyes.

"But, ice cream.......," you muttered quietly as he had already walked further away from you. 

 

********** Present day *************

A loud bang invaded the ladies washroom as you were just finishing your deed. You opened the door of the toilet stall and went straight to the mirror to fix your school uniform. The short-haired girl next to you, who you presumed the one who banged the door earlier, was jumping up and down together with her long haired friend. You listened to their conversation since they were talking so loudly. Who asked them to talk in the washroom, right? They might as well broadcast it to the whole school.

You flinched when the door-banger was practically squealling as she told her friend about the news. "Yah did you hear the news?! I saw the new student who just entered today"

"Omo really? Omo how does he looks like? Is he cute or handsome? Tell me tell me!" said the door-banger's friend who was also jumping up and down clearly thrilled by the news. 

"He is tall. Like super tall. And he has broad shoulder and and he has like the perfect muscle oh and the jaw.... that jaw line of his, oh his is so hot! And oh the best part is, he is also a friend of Kim Hanbin," the door-banger explained enthusiatically.

"Hot and already popular? Damn, I have got to see this boy. Where is he? I want to see him right now!" said the door-banger's friend half-shouting while trying to apply her bright red lipstick quickly and followed the door-banger's footstep who was ready to leave the washroom.

'Girls and hormones' you sighed and rolled your eyes.  Deep down you couldn't help but to wonder who the mysterious guy would be. When were  satisfied with your appearence, you went to the basketball court to meet your bestfriend, Lee Hayi. She was supporting her boyfriend, Kim Hanbin, the basketball team's captain. It was the routine for the basketball team to practice every Monday. 

"Hayi~~~~~" you patted Hayi's back and sat down next to her.

"Hani ah, what took you so long? I almost finish the brownies" she turned to face you and revealed the half eaten brownies.

"Yah not my brownies!" you shrieked and snatched the brownies to finish the leftover. "I had tummy ache, but I could still eat this brownies he he he," you answered but second later you were interrupted by the sound of girls squealling. 'Oh those were the girls from the washroom. The hot guy must be somewhere around here ' you concluded and followed their ecstatic gazes to locate the 'mysterious hot' guy. 

The presumably hot guy was back-facing you so you couldn't see if he was truly hot or not but boy, those girls were indeed right. His back physique was already attractive. He had the widest shoulder for a 17-year old boy and his muscle veins was practically popping out of his arm. The hot guy turned sideway and you wondered why the face looked familiar. 'why does my heart beats so fast? ah but he should've just taken off his singlet,' you grinned but immideately shook the thought away when you realized that you sounded like a ert.

 

"Yah waegurae?" Hayi turned to look at you with a puzzled expression.

"He he he nothing. Hey, who is that in the red singlet?" you asked half-heartedly trying not to show any signs of attraction towards the mysterious-yet-back-physique-was-very-attractive guy. 'Well,that's a long name for the hot guy,' you thought amused at your people naming skill. 

"Oh that's Hanbin's bestfriend. He used to live in ia but now his whole family has came back to Seoul for good," answered Hayi

"Hanbin bestfriends? Oh I see," you responded while thinking about how people greeted each other in the West when something hit you right in the chest.

"Wait, ia as in America?" you asked half-shouting. You could already feel your heartbeat pounding. 'Eh it can't be true', you tried to calm yourself. You felt restless and more keen to have a better look at this mysterious guy. 

Without waiting any second longer, you turned towards the hot guy direction only to find him already watching you intensely with a charming smile splattered across his face. You gasped and series of thoughts flooding its way inside your mind 'Kim Jiwon' you muttered under your breathe. That face, oh how you had longed to see that handsome face. Wait, Kim Jiwon is back? Why is he here? Oh he is making his way here. Maybe he doesn't know me. Do something Hani break the eye contact. Oh man, why does he look so handsome, and that haircut of his. And wow his jawline is a piece of art, the banged-door girl wasn't kidding. Aish, cut it out Hani now is not the time,' you panicked and desperately wanting to hide yourself but it was too late because the now-not-so-mysterious-but-very-hot Jiwon already standing in front of you still holding the longest yet somewhat comfortable eye contact.

"Hey Bobby, come meet my bestfriend Oh Hani," Hayi said while hugging you from the side oblivious about the relationship between you and Bobby.

"Annyeong Hani, it has been a long time," Bobby extended his hand for a handshake still holding the eye contact. You reached for his hand and immediately regretted your decision because you'd just realised how sweaty and trembling your hands were. Bobby snickered at your beetroot-red face and decided to shake your hand longer than he intended to.  

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Hayi asked half suprised and half delighted by the news.

"Yes, we were good friends before," Bobby informed calmly while you tried your best at sliding your hand away from his strong grasp.

You made a sullen expression in which he responded with an even more delightful grin but slowly letting go of your hand. You decided to leave the scene when you felt your heart beating more wildly than usual. You told Hayi that you had to go home and put your stuff inside your school bag clumsily. Hayi was startled by your behaviour but still helped gathering your stuff. "Yah what's wrong? You better tell me what the hell is going on tomorrow, arasso" she whispered. You muttered sorry and felt your heart pounding fiercely when felt Bobby's intense gaze. Without saying anything, you turned your back againts Bobby and walked away from him. However your stride was interrupted by a sudden hand grabbing, without turning around you knew who it was and heard the voice spoke, "Bye Oh Hani. Shall see you tomorrow, classmate."

'Heol~ is he going to be my classmate? Andwae! Someone please kill me already,' you grumbled and touched your racing heart. Dear heart, please calm down.

 

************** The next day ************

You decided to go to school early and went to the classroom directly instead of meeting your bestfriend at the usual meet up place which would be the school entrance. Since you were still overwhelmed by yesterday's incident and needed to avoid any interaction with Bobby, you decided to sleep and placed your head on the desk.

While trying your best to fall asleep despite your racing heart, you heard some group of people coming inside the class. You recognised the voices and when the voices approaching you, you could hear your bestfriend voice "Hey leave her alone. You know Hani will get cranky if you disturb her while she is sleeping." 

You were overjoyed to be left alone but it didn't last long as you could hear the chair in front of your seat being pulled out. 

"Nah, she is not sleeping," said a voice. You knew this voice. It was the voice of a person you wanted to avoid the most. But why did your heart skipped a beat upon hearing the sweet voice of Bobby teasing you. You remained motionless hoping that he would leave you and your troubled heart alone.

"You cant sleep when you are nervous right Hani ah," your eyes were wide open because his voice sounded almost like a whisper. You immideately looked up and flinched when you saw Bobby smirking with his body leaning slightly towards your table. 

"Oh you are not asleep. Morning Hani~~~" said Hayi waving at you. She was sitting on her boyfriend's lap so you waved back feeling slightly embarrased.

"Morning Hayi. Morning BI," you said to the lovelycouple while trying hard to control your face expression. You then turned to face to the guy standing in front of you with a sour expression. "Heol~~ and what on earth would I be nervous about?" you questioned placing your hands on each side of your hips.

"About me of course?" Bobby answered with another question.

"As if, and why would I be nervous about you?" you responded thinking if it was obvious that you were indeed nervous about him. 'Damn it heart why do you betray me'  you lectured yourself in your head.

"I dont know Oh Honey, why should you?" he answered while folding his arms and grinned devilishly. You stared at him as you couldn't find the right word to fight back. 

"Okay class, let sit down and start the lecture. Kim Jiwon this is your first class and you are already flirting," stated a middle aged man whose also your homeroom teacher. 'Good thing Sir Lee is here. Kim Jiwon you are so dead!'

"Ne teacher," he said and quickly made his way to sit next to you.

"Wait, what do you think you are doing? This is Hayi's seat," you informed the guy who had already placing his books on the table. He turned to look at you with an annoying smrik and said, "because Honey, wherever you are, I will always be there"

"You, stop calling me honey!" you beamed back feeling frustrated. You threw a pen towards your bestfriend whom sitting in front of you and next to her boyfriend "Hayi, why are you not sitting next to me?" The three of you would always sit at the last two rows together, and the seat next to BI was unoccupied since there was an odd number of students in the class.

"Hanbin wants me to sit here from now on since he said to leave you and Bobby alone," Hayi replied as quiet as possible afraid that she would disturb the class.

"WHAT?!" you responded still disbelief that your bestfriend would abandon you and left you alone with a monster.

"His words not mine," Hayi explained while pointing a finger towards BI. 

"Yahh!!!!" you yelled and regretted it almost immediately because now you had managed to grab the attention of the whole class.

"Oh Hani, please keep the noise down, I know you are excited for your new friend," said Mr. Lee before continuing with the lecture. 

"See, even the teacher knows that you're excited for me," said the voice of the cocky guy sitting next to you. You were determined to ignore the voice and glanced at the clock on the wall. The lesson had only started for 10 minutes and you wondered when the cocky guy would stop staring at you because now your poor heart had refused to beat normally.

 

ps: Annyong readers!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive just realised how difficult it is to write a oneshot since there is so many things to include in the story. so i guess this story will be a twoshot :3 and hello there who had subscribed the story *waves both hands aggresively*

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. upvotes if you do and don't forget to subscribe!