I Like You Too Much (V&Nahyun)

Sonamoo and BTS

I Like You Too Much

Requested By: -fox98

Pairing and Characters: Nahyun and V+SonaBTS

Genre: Romantic Comedy, HighSchoolAU!

Title of Oneshot: Author's Choice (I Like You Too Much)

Description: Author's Choice (V tries to confess his feelings for Nahyun, but certain obstacles keep getting in the way! Fear not, for his BTS members are there for him. Meanwhile, Nahyun is in the same situation! Will they be able to admit their feelings for each other?)


Kim Taehyung breathed in deeply, hands holding onto the love letter he wrote for dear life. Her shoe locker was right there and there was no one in sight- perfect. Glancing left and right once again, the handsome teen took a step forward, then another...

Only to stop and freeze in place once a familiar figure walked up to his destination, envelope in hand. Taehyung narrowed his eyes, recognizing the underclassman he had given advice earlier today...

 

"S-So, you're saying that I should just go for it?" The boy repeated in disbelief.

"You'll never find out if you don't!" Taehyung grinned, patting the boy on the shoulder in encouragement.

"Y-Yeah, yeah, you're right!" With renewed resolve, the boy nodded and thanked his upperclassman profusely before running off.

"Good luck man!" Taehyung called out after him.

 

That punk! Taehyung huffed as he watched the boy slip a love letter into Kim Nahyun's shoe locker. If only he knew that it was KIM NAHYUN that the boy had a crush on then-!

"Ne Nahyun, how many love letters do you think will be in your locker this time?"

"Ah really!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kim Nahyun smack her friend Eunae's arm playfully and realized that they were heading this way. Taehyung looked back to her locker and noticed that the boy quickly fled at the sound of her voice. Seeing that his crush was getting nearer, Taehyung instinctively tried to play it cool, looking away and pretending to be waiting for someone until she passed. Once she did, he glanced back and saw the boy's love letter ontop of her outdoor shoes. 

"I called it!" Eunae nudged her best friend with a knowing grin.

"Oh be quiet!" Nahyun chuckled, nudging her back as she opened the envelope. Her friend peered over her shoulder to view the contents alongside her.

"Ooh, this one's pretty sincere this time." The low rapper commented teasingly. "Going to meet him at the rooftop? We'll wait for you."

"I guess I will." Nahyun shrugged with a smile, noticing there was no signature. Closing her shoe locker, the beautiful girl playfully punched her friend's arm. "I'll meet you guys later."

"Good luck~!" Eunae called out after the retreating girl.

Once Nahyun ventured up the stairs, Taehyung released a breath he didn't know he held. Noticing that his letter was still in his hand, he shoved it into the pocket of his blazer before anyone could see. Now, what should he do? Should he go after them?

"Hey you."

Taehyung let out a small yelp in surprise, turning to meet a grinning Eunae.

"You're not that subtle, you know that right?" The low rapper teased with a laugh. "How long have you liked her?"

"I, uh, since the beginning of the year..." Taehyung stammered in embarrassment. "When we, uh, first bumped into each other..."

 

Taehyung looked around the hall for his same age bestie and lit up upon spotting him at the end of the hall. He made a brisk walk towards him, only to bump into someone. The two of them fell backwards from their collision, textbooks scattered around them. Taehyung groaned slightly at the impact, but quickly recovered. He raised his eyes from the floor to see the most beautiful girl staring back. Sunlight poured through the window, illuminating her light caramel hair and clear eyes, and time seemed to slow. However, this standstill only lasted for mere seconds before the beautiful girl scrambled to collect her things, murmuring apologies. Taehyung began to help her as well, grabbing the textbooks on the floor. 

"Here," Taehyung handed her the books with a smile and briefly glanced at her nametag. "Kim Nahyun."

"Th-Thank you," The beautiful girl, Nahyun, smiled back and glanced at his nametag. "Kim Taehyung."

The two stood in place, not wanting to move away from each other.

"Hey, TaeTae!" Jimin called out. "There you are! Let's go!"

"R-Right!" Taehyung called back quickly and looked back at the girl in front of him. With a bashful smile, he whispered. "I'll see you around?"

She nodded with an equally shy smile, holding her textbooks close. With that, Taehyung reluctantly left.

 

"I knew it." Eunae chuckled, mentally fist bumping herself. "Alright, Kim Taehyung, I give you my full blessing to pursue my best friend! Now, go after her!" She shoved him towards the stairs leading to the rooftop with vigor.

"Y-Yeah, thanks!" Taehyung, albeit confused, thanked her for her blessing and made his way up the stairs with haste.

Watching him leave, Eunae grinned. "They better thank me later!"

 


 

Taehyung rushed up the stairs leading to the rooftop, nearly bulldozing other students as he made his way uttering quick apologies. As he reached the last flight of stairs, the sight of the door to the rooftop made his heart pound mercilessly. Through the window on the door, a familiar figure was making her way to the far edge of the rooftop. Stealthily, Taehyung opened the door, sliding his body in, and closing it as quietly as he could. Luckily, the summer breeze did well in hiding whatever noise did escape and Taehyung slowly trailed after the beautiful young woman. Nahyun reached the far edge of the rooftop where the boy from earlier leaned against the railing. Taehyung nervously peeked from behind an obstruction, awaiting their conversation with a heavily beating heart.

"Hello, I'm Kim Nahyun." She smiled brilliantly in greeting and the boy turned around to greet her back.

"S-Sunbae, good a-afternoon!" He bowed deeply before introducing himself.

"Ah yes," Nahyun's smile faltered a bit, but quickly recovered. "I'm guessing you left the letter in my locker?"

"Y-Yes sunbae!" The boy replied, face flushing as he rambled on nervously. "Y-You see, f-from the day we met I c-can't stop thinking about you, sunbae. S-So, I s-started having feelings f-for you and l-left a letter for you." He shyly looked to the ground as he finished. "S-Sunbae, I want to b-be with you!"

Nahyun's smile still remained, but Taehyung wasn't sure about the feelings behind it. His hands began to become sweaty with nerves as he waited for the beautiful girl's response. Would she accept? Would there still be a chance for him?

"I... appreciate your feelings-" She began slowly.

"Y-You d0!?" The boy squeaked, interrupting her.

"Yes, but..." Nahyun continued quickly. "I can't be with you."

Taehyung blinked, unsure if he had heard that right. Double checking to make sure her words weren't a dream, he couldn't help but internally celebrate. He had a chance! He had a-

"I-Is it because I'm y-younger? O-Or is it because I'm not handsome enough?" The boy whispered, devastated by her response. 

"N-No, it's none of those things." Nahyun stuttered, surprised at his reaction.

"Th-Then what is it?"

"I, umm..." The beauty scrambled for words, unsure if she should answer honestly.

"Is it b-because you like someone else?"

"Th-That..." The truth was clearly displayed on her face.

"I knew it..." The boy whispered, fists clenched at his sides. He looked up at her seriously. "Who is i-it?"

"I-I... th-that..." Nahyun stammered, not wanting to answer.

"Please t-tell me!" He took a step closer to her as she stepped back in response. The boy continued to step closer, repeatingly demanding the girl to tell him. Her expression slowly morphed into fear as he drew closer.

Taehyung wanted to know too, but he couldn't let this go on. With a deep breath, he stepped forward and placed himself in front of the girl, blocking her from view. Both the boy and Kim Nahyun looked on in surprise at his sudden entrance as Taehyung began to speak.

"She doesn't have to tell you if she doesn't want to." He said, protectively blocking the girl behind him from view.

"Taehyung-sunbae!" The boy exclaimed in surprise, seeing his much taller upperclassman in front of him. However, Taehung's words made him frown. "B-But sunbae, you're the one who s-said that I should go for it! That I'll n-never find out i-if I don't try!"

"And you did find out." Taehyung calmly replied. 

"B-But, I want t-to know why!" The boy argued.

"If she doesn't want you to know, then you can't keep bothering her for answers." The upperclassman of the two softly scolded, but his tone assertive, showing there was no room for arguement.

The boy hesitated, a look of annoyance flashing across his face, before ultimately stomping off. As the door to the rooftop closed, Taehyung tentatively turned behind him. The girl of his dreams stood, still surprised at his sudden appearance, but grateful for the intrusion nonetheless. He parted his lips to speak.

"I..." The two of them began simultaneously. "You first." Again. "No, I insist!"

There was momentary silence filling the air between them before the two laughed at their similarity.

"I'll go first." Taehyung offered, making his beautiful crush smile in victory.

Alright, now was his chance. He can confess to her. He will confess to her!

"Ever since we first met that day in the hallway I-"

"Hey Kim Nahyun! So this is where you've been!" Minjae hollered as she burst open the door. "You're going to be late to practice, you bad girl!"

Of all the obstacles he's had to face-

"Oh Nahyunnie, you took so long we got worried!" Sumin gushed, waving her hand over. "We need to get to practice before our sunbaes lecture us."

-he had to be ed by her own friends!

"Come on, everyone else is already at the club room." Minjae grabbed Nahyun's arm, with Sumin grabbing the other, and they proceeded to drag her away.

Taehyung watched as the love of his life was dragged away, his opportunity to confess no longer.

"Sorry about that." Eunae grinned sheepishly, having been behind the two elder members of the group when they barged in. "Our sunbaes are real strict with the upcoming performance and all. Did you get the chance to confess?"

"No..." Taehyung sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

Eunae pat him on the shoulder sympathetically. "Don't worry, you'll get your chance. I'll make sure of it!"

"Thanks." Taehyung smiled at the low rapper, grateful for her support.

"It might be a good idea to ask your friends for help too, or they might interrupt on accident. I'll be persuading our group to help too!" Eunae grinned confidently. "Operation: TaeHyun is a go!"

"T-TaeHyun?"

 


 

"Hyung, I'm not too sure about this..." Taehyung began uncertainly as his elders fiddled around the broadcasting room.

"Dohee told me she liked this kind of thing." Yoongi informed as he started up the system.

"But that's your girlfriend, hyung. What if Nahyun doesn't like it?"

"Well, the worst case scenario would be that she'll get embarrassed... or we get caught, but let's hope for the best." 

"You'll do fine TaeTae." Jimin comforted his friend, patting his back reassuringly.

"Alright, systems are up." Namjoon checked off his mental list. "Hobie, Jin-hyung, and Jungkookie are still out distracting the broadcasting team. Yoongi-hyung and I will be manning the sound system. That leaves..."

"I'm here for moral support." Jimin grinned playfully.

"Now it's all on you."

Taehyung tentatively took a seat near the mic, heart pounding so vigorously in his chest that he wondered if his elders could hear his heart beat. His Yoongi-hyung set himself down comfortably on the chair next to him, looking right at home near the mic. The red light , showing that they were now on air.

"Good morning students of Seoul High! Today, I, Min Yoongi, and Kim Taehyung will be your special anchormen for the latest news." Yoongi began with ease, having already done this before for his girlfriend. "Shout out to my Kim Dohee and her friends! We planned something very special for this morning annoucement, so listen carefully to the end. Now, Taehyung with the weather."

"R-Right, well..." Taehyung straightened the papers he had, clearing his throat. "For today, there will be clear skies in the morning before turning partly cloudy in the afternoon with a small chance of rain."

Yoongi nodded approvingly before changing the subject. "The events for the rest of this week includes the Basketball Inter-High Finals on Wednesday evening, the Summer Play from the Drama Club on Thursday afternoon, and the Summer Showcase on Friday night by the Performance Team. Which one are you looking forward to the most, Taehyung?"

"Hmm? Well, I'm really looking forward to the Summer Showcase put on by the Performance Team." Taehyung managed to get out, heart thundering for the next set of lines they made.

"Me too. I wish Dohee good luck on her performance. Have anyone you want to wish good luck?" Yoongi grinned teasingly over at his underclassman.

"Well, I do actually." Taehyung gulped, heartbeat couldn't possibly getting any harder against his chest. "Kim Nahyun, I know you'll do great! Good luck!"

"Wish us luck on the Basketball Inter-High Finals as well! Now, any last words before we end this broadcast?" 

"Yes, I uh..." Taehyung began, but a resounding pound came from the door. 

The four in the broadcasting room paled, knowing that their time was up. Yoongi put a hand over his mic and whispered hastily.

"Hurry up and get those words out before it's too late!" 

"I... Kim Nahyun!" The lovestruck teen started back again. "Since the moment I met you I-"

The door opened.

"Jimin, Namjoon, give us a hand!" Jin shouted, restraining one of the Broadcasting Club members along with Hoseok and Jungkook. Two other club members tried to enter, but Jimin and Namjoon quickly blocked the doorway.

"Hurry hyung!" Jungkook called out, grabbing another member of the club that appeared.

"I can't stop th-" Taehyung tried to continue, but people began spilling into the room, crashing into him and Yoongi.

He grunted in pain, having been forcefully dogpiled to the ground as the broadcast got cut off short.

Well, plan failed.

 


 

"I wonder what he was going to say before it cut off..." Nahyun murmured to herself, stretching for morning practice.

Eunae grumbled to herself in frustration as did the other members, having already been informed by Eunae of the situation. His crush on her couldn't seem anymore obvious at this point. 

"Maybe he was going to confess his love for you." Minjae bluntly brought up. The others looked at her pointedly aside from Nahyun.

"That's probably not it." Nahyun shook her head.

"But Yoongi-oppa did the same for me." Dohee countered as she fiddled with the sound system in their studio.

"Dohee has a point, Nahyun-ah." Their leader Sumin added, having finished her stretches. "After all, it sounded like he was going to say something like- 'I can't stop thinking about you' or something like that." 

"And what if he really does like you?" Eunae decided to press on, jumping on the opportunity. "I mean, you like him so this is perfect."

The low rapper groaned as her best friend denied that what he meant was a confession. What could she do to get them together at this rate? Her eyes scanned the room for anything to use and that's when her mental lightbulb flickered. The poster in their practice room- the Summer Showcase on Friday night. Of course!

"Alright, he may or may not like you that way, but how about you take the initiative first?" Eunae suggested.

"But I-" Nahyun began to protest.

"It's the 21st Century! Why not confess to him?" Eunae tried to persuade. "In fact, with the Summer Showcase coming up, why not have a special little performance to confess your feelings? The sunbaes did give us an opportunity for a special performance aside from the scheduled one."

"But that's yours and Yoonsunnie's rap performance!"

"I don't mind, since this is way more important. We'll have plenty more chances in the future." Yoonsun brushed off in that cool manner of hers with an understanding smile. 

"You  have your backup dancers and vocals too." Euijin winked, supporting the idea as well as the others.

"Leader unnie will talk to the sunbaes about changing the performance for you." Sumin grinned confidently.

"So, how about it?" Eunae smiled victoriously.

Nahyun sighed, but smiled all the same. Who wouldn't with all the support she had at the moment?

"Alright, what's the plan?"

Cheers resounded throughout their practice room and they got right to planning.

 


 

In the afternoon, the seven young men of Seoul High's Basketball Team sat in the classroom, currently serving a bit of detention for their morning stunt. The teacher assigned for their detention had left them alone in the classroom with some kind of emergency, so all was the usual with the Bangtan Boys (as their fans called them). The eldest Jin was currently eating his afternoon snacks while supervising Jungkook trying to solve his math homework with Namjoon trying to tutor him. Meanwhile, Yoongi wrote on some music sheets, phone buzzing occasionally with a new text from his girlfriend. Jimin spun a basketball on his finger with Taehyung, having a competition to see who can do it the longest with Hoseok being the judge. It went on for a few minutes until Yoongi let out a surprised exclamation.

"What's wrong hyung?" Jimin asked, the basketball still spinning on his finger.

"Dohee's coming to the Inter-High Finals tomorrow." Yoongi grinned, clearly pleased. 

"We kind of expected that hyung." Hoseok chuckled.

"Oh, and, her friends from the Performance Team will be there too."

Jin stopped chewing on his snacks as Jungkook dropped his pencil. Namjoon fell out of his chair and Hoseok laughed nervously. Both of the 95-liners dropped their basketballs at the news.

"Guess you guys didn't expect that." Yoongi laughed as he texted his girlfriend back, fingers tapping on the screen rhythmically.

While they all laughed and cracked jokes, on the inside they were definitely nervous, especially a certain Taehyung who had failed his confession earlier. They were going to be watching them play one of the biggest games they have this year, which meant they definitely had to win or the humiliation would be too great.

 


 

"I feel nervous..." Dohee pursed her lips restlessly as she and the rest of Sonamoo (as their fans call them) waited anxiously during their shared Lunch period.

The Performance Team sunbaes decided to advertise the Summer Showcase and cheer on the Basketball Team by playing their dance practices during each Lunch period. Their dance practice was going to be put on the monitors during their own period, but the time it would appear was unpredictable.

Suddenly, the monitors in the lunch room switched on.

"Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled program, but we have a very special annoucement today." The monitor flashed to show Dohee and Nahyun's pre-recorded introduction.

"On Friday night, the Performance Team is putting on a Summer Showcase!" Dohee on the monitor cheered, along with nearly everyone in the lunch room.

"To show you what we have in store, during each Lunch period, the Performance Team will air a random dance practice!" Monitor Nahyun clapped excitedly along with Dohee as nearly everyone in the lunch room cheered.

"For this period, our dance practice will be aired!" Monitor Dohee announced happily. "We hope you enjoy! Also, good luck to Min Yoongi-oppa and the Basketball Team!" She glanced towards her unnie with a large, teasing smile. "Since we're wishing luck to the Basketball Team, is there anyone you want to wish luck to specifically, unnie?"

"Ah, yes, there is." Monitor Nahyun smiled sheepishly, cheeks a bit flushed. "Kim Taehyung, I know you'll do great too! Good luck!"

"Now, let's play the video!"

The dance practice video began to play.

 


 

The Bangtan Boys were more fired up than ever for the Inter-High Finals. After changing into their uniforms, they formed a circle.

"After that announcement during lunch, I'm sure you guys know what to do." Namjoon grinned, patting the backs of the members closest to him (which happened to be Yoongi and Taehyung).

"They'll be in the stands somewhere. Just remember not to blank out when you find her." Yoongi whispered teasingly to Taehyung.

"Alright, time to say our tagline!" Hoseok energetically exclaimed with a smile, putting a hand in the middle of the circle. The others groaned a bit, feeling embarrassed to carry out their little tradition. 

"What are we?" Captain Namjoon stifled his embarrassed laughter and managed to shout.

"We are Bulletproof!" The other members replied shouting, but barely keeping in their laughter.

A silence washed over them for a few seconds before their embarrassed laughter took over them and they cringed. Still, it was just their special thing they always did before a match. After collecting themselves, the seven of them went out to the court.

Bright lights shined over the court and Taehyung had to squint, trying to find his crush amongst the crowd. However, the whistle blew, meaning that it was now time to warm-up. Reluctantly, he halted his search and began to bounce the ball around expertly. Yoongi stretched out his neck before shooting the ball, making the perfect three-pointer with the swish of the net. The starting lineup included himself, Yoongi, Jimin, Jungkook, and Namjoon. With a deep breath, Taehyung shot the ball he had, and it went soaring into the basket.

"Guess what, hyung." Jungkook grinned as he launched his own shot.

"What?"

"Look over there." 

Following the direction where Jungkook was pointing, Taehyung nearly fumbled the ball out of his hands. In the stands stood certain seven members of the Performance Team cheering loudly for them. At the center stood a goddess in his eyes- beautiful, soft-looking cocoa locks accompanied with a large, sweet smile of hers. They made eye contact and what she did made his heart stop. She smiled bashfully, mouthing the words good luck, before winking.

Taehyung choked on air, face flushing, and Jimin pat him on the back to snap him out of the daze. Yoongi looked over and chuckled, shooting a beautiful three-pointer before giving a short wave to his girlfriend. 

"Try to focus." Bangtan's ace shooter grinned.

The whistle blew, signalling that the game is about to begin. Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook lined up across the opposing team who cockily glared at them. 

"Hey," The opponent across Yoongi nudged at the player next to him whispering. "What hyung said was true- Seoul really does have the best girls." He pointed over to the stands. The player next to him followed the direction his teammate pointed at and whistled appreciatively.

Each member of Bangtan raised a brow and glanced over to where the guy pointed... only to have their blood boiling when they realized he pointed over to a certain group of seven girls.

"The girl with the forehead fringe is totally my style!" The opponent across Yoongi whispered excitedly, causing the boyfriend of said girl to silently seethe.

"That goddess in the middle is just wow." The guy next to him was in a daze, staring dreamily up in the stands, but causing a certain someone to grit his teeth across from him.

Filled with newfound determination, the five prepared to move once the whistle blew. They shared a look, deciding on their strategy immediately, and once the whistle finally blew, Namjoon sprung into action. Taking advantage of their opponents' distracted state, he easily smacked the ball over to Jimin who caught it with ease and began to dribble. Everyone got into position and Jimin glanced over to Taehyung. He feinted a pass towards him, the opposing point guard falling for it, and Jimin passed it over to Jungkook instead.

Swiftly, the youngest member caught the ball and began to make his way closer to the basket. With his fluid movements and speed, Jungkook easily bypassed the opposing forward and passed it over to Yoongi who caught it. Expertly, he shot the ball and his opponent jumped to block, but the timing was off and the ball went soaring into the air towards the basket. 

An audible swish was heard when the ball successfully reached the basket and resounding cheers echoed throughout the stadium at the first points of the match. 

"Bangtan! Bangtan! Bangtan!" Fans cheered as said team switched over to defense.

"By the way, my girlfriend isn't available." Yoongi glared as his opponent's face paled.

Overhearing their conversation, Taehyung's mark glanced over at the stands again.

"That goddess is the stands..." He began, watching Taehyung's expression sour. "She yours?"

"...No." Taehyung shortly replied. 

"So she's available."

"..." The handsome young man glared.

Jimin stole the ball from the opposing point guard and passed it over to Taehyung who expertly dribbled past his mark and began to power through the court. Yoongi's mark managed to pass him and block Taehyung's course, but the power forward of Bangtan skillfully warded his attempts. Jungkook, Namjoon, and Jimin were able to keep their marks in check with Yoongi blocking his mark before he could go after Taehyung again. Taehyung's mark chased after him, but to no avail, he was too late.

Taehyung jumped and slammed the ball into the basket, the dunk evoking deafening cheers throughout the stadium. Once his feet touched the court again, he turned to face his mark.

"She's not available."

 


 

With a final shot soaring beautifully into the basket, the buzzer went off and the Inter High Finals ended in the Bangtan Boys' complete victory. That evening, a celebration was held at the school.

Over the loud music and enthusiastic dancing, Nahyun tried to find Taehyung amongst the large crowd, but there were too many people present.

Similarly, Taehyung was in the same situation, trying to look for his crush in the crowd.

Suddenly, there was a small collision.

"Sorry." Nahyun immediately apologized and turned around.

"No, it was my-" Taehyung cut himself off mid-protest once he turned around.

The two stared at each other, trying to find the right words. Then, almost as if it were telepathy, the two laughed, knowing that the both of them were having trouble due to each other's awkward expressions. Once their laughter died down, Taehyung spoke up.

"Can we talk outside? It's a bit too loud here." He sheepishly suggested, heart thundering in his chest as he waited for her answer.

"Okay." Nahyun smiled shyly.

"Uh, here, so we don't lose each other in the crowd." Taehyung hesitantly held out his hand for her to take, with her complying to his suggestion.

Relieved, the lovestruck boy led her gently through the crowd, large smiles on both of them. They exited the gymnasium where the celebration was and felt the summer night's air brush against them. Once the door closed, the music was muffled into near silence, enough to hear the crickets chirping. 

"Congratulations on the Inter High Finals." Nahyun started, giving him a little celebratory clap.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiled with a humble chuckle. "And thank you for cheering us on... and wishing me luck."

The two blushed, remembering the Performance Team's announcement earlier and her words.

"I should be the one thanking you first." Nahyun shyly looked away. "For wishing me luck on the showcase."

They blushed harder, remembering the morning announcement incident from yesterday. Taehyung snuck a glance at Nahyun and smiled at her red cheeks. Alright, now was his chance.

"About that morning announcement..." He began nervously. "Before I was cut off, I was going to say that I couldn't stop thinking about you ever since we met."

"Taehyung..." Nahyun froze, her heart stopping at his words.

"You're so beautiful- inside and out." Taehyung began to ramble. "You're warm-hearted and hardworking, always smiling even through hard times. You love your friends like they're sisters and you've always tried to help others. I could go on forever about the things I like about you..."

"I..." She didn't know what to say, emotions beginning to build at his honest words before they overwhelmed her with his next line.

"Kim Nahyun, I like you."

Her heart felt like it exploded at that very moment. He likes her? He really, truly likes her? The guy she met in the hallway in the beginning of the year? The guy she rejected all those confessions for? The one guy she wanted a love letter from- the reason she even went to hear out confessions for the hope it could be him?

The guy that she likes?

"So... will you..." His deep voice and passionate eyes melted her on the spot as he reached his hand out to her. "Be mine?"

Speechless, Nahyun could feel herself tear up from his genuine confession. The most breathtaking smile spread across her face as her eyes clouded with joyful tears daring to fall and her hand began to move towards his outstretched one. 

Just when their hands were about to touch, the door burst open causing the two to jump and look over. The juniors of the Basketball Team lit up upon seeing their target upperclassman.

"Taehyung-sunbaenim! We were wondering where you were. Come on, the fun's just about to begin!" 

"Yeah, come on! I heard this is your favorite song!"

One by one, the juniors began to drag him back inside all too quickly. Nahyun stood still, shocked at what had just occurred before her. Eunae popped out from behind the door and rushed over.

"What happened?" She gasped, seeing the tears in her best friend's eyes. Having snapped out of the trance, Nahyun gave a soft reply, still trying to recover.

"H-He... Taehyung confessed to me."

"Well about time!" Eunae squealed.

"But before I could give him a clear answer, we got interrupted..." Nahyun sighed.

"Ah really!?" The low rapper groaned in frustration. "Well, at least you now know that he likes you back, so no need to worry! Just give him an answer the next time you see him!"

"Yeah, you're right." Nahyun smiled softly, heart racing at the confession her crush had made moments ago.

 



She didn't get the chance.

He was surrounded nearly 24/7 and when she tried to talk to him, they would always been interrupted. 

Nahyun sighed for the nth time as the love of her life got dragged away again by his fangirls. Eunae slung an arm around her best friend's shoulders in sympathy.

"Hey, look on the bright side- we still got the Summer Showcase tomorrow!" Eunae reassured with a wide, optimistic grin. Nahyun nodded with a reluctant smile.

Suddenly, the intercom switched on. "Good afternoon students. Today, the Drama Club will be putting on the annual Summer Play. Please make your way to the auditorium, thank you."

Some students grumbled while others looked excited or intrigued. Eunae glanced at Taehyung and then back at Nahyun before grinning- this could be their chance! The low rapper grabbed Nahyun's arm and sped up their pace to catch up to him. Nahyun only needed to take a look at her best friend to know what she was up to and complied. Eunae then noticed that the fangirls dragging Taehyung were beginning to speed up too and did the same. Suddenly, the fangirls looked back and glared at the duo before they practically ran to the auditorium, dragging poor Taehyung with them.

Oh, it is on!

Eunae ran after the fangirls, dragging poor Nahyun with her as she tried to carry out her personal mission.

These two are going to sit together no matter what! 

They reached the auditorium where teachers were stationed to supervise and Eunae immediately slowed her pace to a fast walk while the fangirls stopped momentarily to get reprimanded by the teachers for running. Eunae grinned victoriously and they were only ways behind them. Then, as if everything went by in a flash, Eunae pushed Nahyun towards Taehyung, only for the poor girl to get intercepted by fangirls and shoved out of the way, resulting in Eunae and Nahyun to sit multiple seats away from their intended target.

Plan failed...

Eunae huffed in frustration and Nahyun sighed once again.

Please, at least let the Summer Showcase go well...

Eunae mentally begged right before the play began.

 



The following day, the Performance Team was holed up in their practice room since the crack of dawn preparing for the Summer Showcase, excused from classes in order to prepare. Our seven girls were hard at work, practicing their performance for the show and also their special performance. Sweat decorated their flawless skin as they went through their choreography with excellent, well practiced precision and energy. Today, there was no room for mistakes. It wasn't until around noon that the girls took a long break for lunch.

"I'm so tired..." Yoonsun panted as she and the others set themselves on the floor of their practice room.

"I second that..." Minjae heaved, trying to catch her breath.

Everyone happily munched their well deserved lunch and were chatting casually, talking about how to improve their performance even further and such. Just then, Sumin burst into the room with excitement practically radiating off of her.

"The costumes are here!" At their leader's annoucement, everyone immediately jumped to their feet and gaped in amazement as racks of costumes rolled into their practice room. The first set was for the intro, then the main event, and then finally, the third set was for the finale. Giddily, the girls rushed to their costumes, examining them in thorough detail.

"After lunch, we'll be heading to the venue and do our last rehearsals before the showcase."

The girls nodded seriously at that, knowing the time they had until the showcase was decreasing fast.

 



Meanwhile, a gloomy Kim Taehyung fiddled with his food during lunch. He had yet to hear the answer from the girl of his dreams and with every second that passed by, his hopes were diminishing. 

"Yah, cheer up Tae." Jimin grinned, patting his friend on the back in an attempt to revive his happy spirit.

"She still didn't give you an answer yet?" Jin asked the young man worriedly.

"No..." He pouted, spinning his chopsticks absentmindedly. "But it's not really her fault... there's just no chance since I've been surrounded ever since the Inter High Finals." 

"Well, I don't think you need to worry." Yoongi interjected dismissively with absolute confidence. The others looked at him questioningly and he smirked. He reached in his pocket and pulled out seven tickets. "Dohee gave me tickets to the Summer Showcase- V.I.P seats for all of us."

The tickets were handed out to each of them and their eyes widened at the elaborate designs on the V.I.P tickets, all with their names inscribed in gorgeous calligraphy to personally make it out for them.

"I hear something really special is going to happen during their segment of the show, so it's worth going to." Yoongi smirked knowingly.

 


 

That night, the venue was completely full and a certain group of seven young men enjoyed their luxurious balcony seats that gave full view of the stage. The showcase had already began with many of the upperclassmen acts first to which they enjoyed. 

Then it arrived.

Their group's name and logo flashed across the large screens, invoking thunderous cheers and applause full of hype. Kim Taehyung nervously bit his lips and he anxiously awaited her appearance on the stage. The lights slowly switched on across the stage, illuminating the goddess that stood in the center. His breath was caught stuck in his throat and he sat frozen as the performance began.

The lights dimmed and the member profiles flashed across the screens as a quick intermission. Then, the lights switched on again, the girls donning different costumes.

The lights went dark again, but this time, nothing flashed on the screens. There was confused chatter throughout the venue and minutes later, a spotlight appeared upon a single person standing center stage. 

"Nahyun..." Taehyung's eyes widened at the sight of her alone on the stage, taking in her bashful smile and wandering eyes.

"Hello everyone, I'm Sonamoo's Nahyun!" She bowed politely and the cheers rang in. Once they ceased, she continued speaking. "Now, you may be wondering why I'm here on stage alone. Well, the rest of the members are changing right now and this is my opportunity to share something with everyone without any interruptions."

"Is she going to give her answer in front of the entire audience?" Hoseok whispered in surprise.

"I always had a reason for why I rejected love confessions..." Nahyun chuckled awkwardly. "It was because it wasn't you. Every time I get a letter without a signature, I always hoped it would be you, so I would always go hear the letter's sender out... but in the end, I had to reject them because they weren't you."

Silence rang throughout the venue at her statement, shock rippling through the audience.

"Then, that night... the confession I have been waiting for had finally come." The breathtaking smile of a young woman in love spread across her lips. "And I haven't been able to give my answer until now."

A deep breath.

"Kim Taehyung, I like you too! In fact, I may like you too much!" Nahyun declared. From behind her, the rest of the girls were fully dressed for their main event. With a final smile, she gave one last wink before getting into formation for the next song.

 


 

Taehyung felt as if he could be walking on clouds right now. 

"You're spacing out again." Nahyun chuckled, teasingly pinching her boyfriend's cheek.

"Sorry." He sheepishly smiled.

"Thinking about how we got together again?" 

"I don't know how you always know."

Nahyun laughed and fondly smiled, eyes twinkling with humor. 

"Maybe because I like you too much?"

 


Fin.


I rushed it so much at the end, my goodness, I'm so sorry for that. I just wanted to get this out as fast as I can haha until I got back to school, but it didn't work out that way so now I'm rushing to get this out before my weekend is officially over. Anyway, I swear that the idea with the Performance and Basketball Teams were really not part of the plan and the oneshot just started writing itself- I swear! I'm so sorry it took so long too. At first it was going to be real simple and stuff, but then it Digi-volved on me and now it's over 6000 words like what? 

So, hopefully this oneshot was a satisfying read and I hope you don't mind the extra SugaHigh I added along with D.ana playing matchmaker. I'm not the best at comedy, but hopefully it gave some comic relief and some seriousness too. 

Also, "I Like U Too Much" comeback was just amazing and they improved so much since they've debuted! 

Oh, and, DID ANYONE SEE THAT D.ANA AND EUIJIN DANCED TO BTS' BOY IN LUV LIKE ASADKKJFA!? If you didn't know, Sonamoo (mostly Euijin haha) danced to boy groups at Mnet's Meet and Greet and you can find a clip of it on YouTube! Actually, I think I'll leave the video right here.

And SonaBTS are going to be on Show Champion in Manila together (along with other artists)! Anyway, I should probably get going and finish up some school work (that I already have) and some chores... then write some more. This has been your authoress!

-ItonamiKanmi