My Crush, My Neighbor (1)

CINTA 21st Century
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello,”

Knocked on the door woke Hyoyeon up from her sleep. She stirred and yawned as she got up from her lying position and looked blank at her room door.

She rubbed her eyes continuously. Who interrupts my nice sleep on Sunday morning? It must be that Kim Taehyung. I already told him to come at night. She grumbled as she tried to get off from her bed.

She stumbled a bit when trying to pry her feet away from the blanket. She almost felled but she managed to stable her body.

I’m going to kill that Kim Taehyung. She swore in her mind and made her way to the front door with unwashed face, messy hair and only a t-shirt on her body that only covered her until her thigh.

She opened the door and grumbled while making a face. “V, I already told you….” Her eyes widened when she realized who the one at the door was. “Baekhyun…” her voice trailed while she eyed him in surprised.

“Ughhh…Hyoyeon. I didn’t expect to meet you here at all. By the way, I’m your new neighbor.” He scratched his nape as he blushed when he noticed Hyoyeon’s outfits.

Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped.

+++

“So what you do after that?” Taehyung asked as he opened the fridge and took out sweet corn and orange juice in can. He moved to the living room to see Hyoyeon sitting on the sofa with look she could not face the world anymore. He sat beside her.

“I closed the door immediately.” She said with no hope in her voice. Then she messed her hair as she screamed. “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Taehyung laughed. Seeing Hyoyeon like that for the first time since he knew her truly amazed him. She never looked like she lost herself for four years he being friend with her.  He ate the sweet corn as he watched the drama that he and Hyoyeon had been catching up this few days.

“Did you ever wash up?” Taehyung asked after he realized she looked like she didn’t wash up at all.

“The embarrassment was so much tae tae. I couldn’t bring myself to bathe at all.” Hyoyeon said. She frowned when the event flashed into her mind.

“Why would you be embarrassed so much? He used to be your friend too right?” Suddenly, he was curious. If the Baekhyun guy used to be close to her so why would she ever had to feel embarrassed just like when she was with him; she didn’t even try to wear nicely when in front of him.

“We used to be closed. And he was my first crush.”

Her statement managed to make Taehyun choked the sweet corn he was eating. His eyes widened in surprised and hand quickly grabbed the can to drink the orange juice. He coughed a few times before finally stared at Hyoyeon who just sat still with pouted on her face.

“Your…crush?”

Hyoyeon hummed in replied. Taehyun turned to look at her, he thought that this was more interesting that the drama that he could catch up later.

“Tell me about this. I am curious.” He patted her arm to urge her telling the story of her and her crush.

“I want to wash up first.” She was about to get up from her sitting position before Taehyung pulled her and made her sat back on the sofa.

“Kim Hyoyeon noona, no excuse! You didn’t wash up from the morning, so what’s wrong wash up at midnight?” He rolled his eyes at her attempt to avoid him.

“Urghhh…okay.” She gave up.

“It starts from when I was ten, I think or maybe eleven years old.” She told him in her lazy manner.

“Wait—that’s early.” He wowed at the fact. He didn’t know at all that Hyoyeon could fall in love at such young age—although he knew she always fall for someone easily.

“Yeah…it’s early.” She admitted. She looked at somewhere else as she started remembered her first meeting with him—her first time liking him. Taehyung also looked at the place she was looking at and he also looked like he could see her story.

+++

He’s cute. Hyoyeon thought as she stared at one particular figure. She smiled dreamily as she remembered her dream last night. She blushed when the even recurring in her mind.

She then opened her diary as she scribbled on that page his name. Her friend, Sooyoung smiled teasingly before she grabbed her book and tore the page—Hyoyeon widened her eyes. Sooyoung made the paper into a ball.

Fortunately there was no teacher there. “Yah Choi Soo, give it back to me.” She shrieked as she stood up from her place and started the chase. Sooyoung threw the paper towards Yuri.

Yuri caught it. The event quickly caught everyone’s interest on them. They looked at them while smiling.  Some were cheering and yelled at Yuri so she passed at them too.

Yuri chuckled before she looked at Hyoyeon who was looking at her with pleading looked.  “Baekhyun, do you want to read this?” She turned to look at Baekhyun who was sitting behind her.

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows before he nodded. Well he was curious too. Yuri was about to pass him when Seohyun came and got it. Baekhyun stood up from his place.

“Yah, it’s not fun.” Yuri said.

“Well—unnie it’s not nice to tease Hyoyeon unnie.” Seohyun ran while stuck her tongue out but Yoona that was in front of her took the paper and opened it.

“Oh, I know what it is about.” Yoona grinned.

Hyoyeon was desperate. She ran to Yoona but Baekhyun was faster. He took the paper and glanced at Hyoyeon.

“Why are you so desperate?” He said and opened the paper.

Oh my. Hyoyeon could only pray that the name she put a liquid would not be seen by him. She halted her stepped and looked at him.

“Uhmm…You like Byun Baekhyun?” He said while smiling at her.

She really wanted to hit her face at the wall at the moment.

+++

“Do you like me?” My hand stopped from eating the rice as I looked at him—who was staring at me wanting an explanation.

“What?”

“Your sister told me that you like me.” Okay, who give her right to say about my feeling to him. She tried to find an excuse so that her secret could be covered again just like she did the last time.

“Mmm…you know what my love is not on paper.” Okay, what the heck that Kim Hyoyeon, you sang some song that the readers don’t even know.

Baekhyun laughed. Maybe he would forget it after this just likes he forgot the last event in just two weeks.

+++

“Can you help me Kai?” Hyoyeon asked Kai as he entered his house and brought out his phone.

“Of course, you already asked me this morning.” He then sat on the chair in front of his house with Hyoyeon sat in front of him. She put her hands on the table and leaned closer towards him so she could listen to the conversation.

“Okay,…” Kai dialed someone number—okay Baekhyun’s number. Hyoyeon was really curious actually about something so that’s the reason why she seeks helped from him.

“Okay, what you want me to ask just now?”

“Umm…what he will feel if his best friend likes him? Will she still be his best friend?” I repeated the question that I already told him this morning and this time clearly so he could remember it.

Kai nodded and as soon as the person at the other line answered the call. He quickly asked the question like he was reading the book and waited for Baekhyun to reply. But the answered disappointed Hyoyeon.

He just laughed and asked Kai what’s wrong. I just shrugged when Kai ended the call.

Tomorrow, he was quarreling with Kai for no valid reason and he called my name as he told me about the event last night.

“You know, last night he called me and asked me…”

I cut him as I said, “I was there with him.” And Kai snickered while Baekhyun was stunned and then they started to quarrel again. I just giggled looking at them child quarrel.

+++

“We were quiet close when I was eleven years old, we had danced and sing performance—so we would practice together and sometimes I would get angry at him for making mistakes and he would laugh like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter