Four

Central Lane

Countdown till operation protect Eunbi: 3 Days

 

Seokjin stared at his phone screen, realizing that the date was getting closer. He sighed, wondering if she could take all of this. “Jin hyung, are you okay?” Someone snapped his fingers, waking up Seokjin from his train of thoughts. “Huh? What?” Seokjin felt slightly startled when he saw a pink haired boy in front of him. Jin nodded in reply.

“It's nothing, I’m just a little dozed out.” He smiled, putting back his phone into his pocket and continuing doing the dishes from dinner.

“Tell me again why we have to stay over at your house?” The boy asked, playing with a rubix cube in his hand. “Just because,” Seokjin replied simply. “Isn’t is because hyung misses us?” Bambam snickered, leaning on the doorframe. Seokjin snorted.

Splash

Blobs of water hit Seokjin in the face. “Oops, too much.” Bambam said before dashing away with a terrified face. Seokjin glared downwards, wet hair covering his murderous eyes.

“Park Jimin control your brother!” Seokjin shouted at his loudest. He sighed, asking the pink haired to fetch him a towel. The boy nodded, stifling his laugh.  “You know where the towels are right?” He asked.

The boy nodded again and came back with a towel in hand, giving it Seokjin who was soaking.

“Thanks,” He said, drying his hair.

 

“You guys have been crashing in our house since kindergarten, so you probably know where to sleep right?” Seokjin asked before shaking his head slightly. “I’m so stupid sorry. Of course you do,” He chuckled at his own remark.

“Hyung! I’ve brought the guilty!” A voice exclaimed which made the boys turn their heads to see Bambam dragged by his collar. Then so it begins again, cue the murderous eyes. “How many times have I told you to not use powers when Eunbi is awake?” “I’m sorr-“

“Im going to go sleep, good night Yugyeom.” He said, placing the last dish he washed on the plate rack then heads to his room to rest his head. Yugyeom does the same, helping Jimin drag Bambam who was unconscious on the sofa.

 

-

 

“It’s going to be such a rough day” Namjoon sighed.

“She’ll be okay Namjoon, she will.” He continued, reassuring himself as he stared at his brother who lay asleep on the bunk bed. He must’ve been worrying too much, I’ve never seen so much eye bags on a person. The door creaked revealing five guys, each carrying their own pillows.

“What are you guys doing here?” Namjoon said, furrowing his eyebrows.

“What? Is it wrong for us liven up like the old days?” Yoongi asked and plopping down on Namjoon’s bed soon after. They all just shrugged and lied down on the floor, Namjoon turned off the lights before climbing the bunk bed and lying next to Seokjin. “Do you think her powers would overpower her like last time” Taehyung who was wide awake spoke out.

To be honest, they were all wide awake- well except for Seokjin of course. They kept thinking and worrying. Would she be okay?


“Well she would be unstable at first but she’ll get used to it,” Namjoon replied, his head rested on the divider that was making him avoid falling off the tall bed onto the cold floor below.

“Should we ask him to-“ Jungkook said before he was interrupted by a sound of a balloon letting its air out slowly. “Oh god- Hoseok!” They all whined and plugged their noses. “Oops?” Hoseok said simply with a laugh. They carried pillows outside hitting Hoseok with it as they went out, leaving Hoseok and Seokjin alone to conquer the room. Victory was his, he thought as he sprawled himself on Namjoon’s bed.



-

 


The bedroom door creaked, revealing Eunbi’s head poking through the crack. “Unnies,” She called out the girls who were sprawled out on the floor watching Sherlock on the TV. “Mhm?” The three replied with a hum, eyes still glued on the subtitles showed on the screen.

“Can I join you guys tonight?” She asked.

“You can’t sleep?” Rachel said to her, getting a nod in reply.

“Yeah sure, just close the door after you get in”

She nodded, getting in. Eunbi laid on Krystal’s lap, joining them watching the Sherlock marathon. Krystal runs her fingers through Eunbi's hair, playing around with it. “I'll go get some snacks.” Jessica said as she went out to the kitchen.

“If I got murdered like that guy, would you be my Sherlock Holmes and catch the murderer?” Eunbi tilted her head upwards, asking Krystal who was engrossed in the TV show. This earned a hard smack on Eunbi's lap who was caught in surprise.

“Rachel unnie, why did you do that for?” Eunbi said pouting. “You're being idiotic, you deserve it.” Rachel smiled, showing her gums. “Besides, Sherlock Holmes would only be interested in the case not you,” She said.

“As for us, we’d be crying instead of trying to find the murderer. Well, except for Jessica unnie of course.” She paused, slightly laughing.

“She would probably come to the police station and be like “I found the murderer, can I kill him instead?”” Krystal continued her twin’s statement, laughing her guts out with her. “She is a *Tsundere after all,” They both whispered together, giggling.

“What was it you said about me?” Jessica who was standing behind them said with a smile.

“Tsundere!” They both replied, sticking their tongues out.





-

 

“I saw you staring at Youngjae during dinner. Do you still like him?” Jessica asked, smirking while wriggling her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

Eunbi coughed as she choked on the popcorn that she was eating. “What do you mean, unnie? I’ve never liked him my whole life. He's like an older brother to me.” She replied nodding clarifying a fact while shoving a mouthful of water to help her swallow down the popcorn that was stuck in between .

“I’m really sure hearts appear replacing your eyes when you talk to a "brother-like figure”” Krystal laughed madly as she high-fived Rachel who laughed along with her.

“I don't really do that...” Eunbi replied shyly.

“Do I?” She then asked, her cheeks slightly red. The twins looked at each other then back at Eunbi, a sly grin appeared on both their faces. “So you do like him?” They both asked, making Eunbi’s cheeks redder by the minute.

“What? No- I don’t! Ah, nevermind,” Eunbi exclaimed as she ran into the covers of the bed embarrassed. “Stop teasing her girls,” Jessica said.

The twins only brushed her off, still giggling.

-

 

“Youngjae is such an idiot for not realizing her feelings towards him” Jessica mumbled silently as she cleaned up the mess and leftover chips left. “Is she asleep?” Asked Rachel who then neared Eunbi’s face. Krohhhttt- “And with the sound of her snoring, yep, she is definitely asleep. Is she even a girl? She snores like a pig.” Rachel continued, getting under the covers next to Eunbi. Krystal following right next to her as Jessica turned off the lights.

“I can't wait to show her my powers.” Rachel said with a whisper.           

“Sorry, but let’s agree here that my powers are better than yours?” Jessica countered.

“Are you guys forgetting that I have both of your powers?”

Utter silence filled the room before Krystal decided to speak up. “I’ll take that as an I win this round,”




 


 

  *A Tsundere is a- *checks google* Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. So yeah, ty chapter as always. Do you guys read the authors note even lmao. But hi if you're reading.

Any questions will be answered in the comment box.