One

Central Lane

"Eunbi! Get your down here this instant! Breakfast is ready and today is a school day, so don’t be late" A high-pitched voice shouted from downstairs shaking up the whole house. “Umphh” Eunbi groaned as she covered her head with the blanket draped on her body.

“I don’t want you to starve on your day at school so hurry up and come down.” The voice continued shouting, his voice slowly subsiding as Eunbi slowly fell back into her beauty sleep. Her bedroom door suddenly creaked slowly making her flinch inside the blanket she was covered in, but she was too tired to see what it was. She felt a slight tug on the cloth from the end of the bed, making her wrap herself deeper into the blanket. Eunbi felt it again before finding herself on the floor the next second, rubbing her sore bum. She scowled when she looked up to see a black-haired boy standing in front of her with crossed arms, smirking.

"Oppa! What did you do that for?” Eunbi exclaimed before grabbing the pillow she slept on and throwing it to the figure that stood in front of her. He shrugged loudly as he dodged the pillow Eunbi threw at him.

"Not my fault you're a bum who can't even wake up their own." He said teasingly with his tongue out,

“Just get out,” Eunbi mumbled rubbing her temples then shoving the boy to the door frame.

“You better come down before Seokjin gets mad.” He uttered leaving the room. “Oh, and nice choice of ,” He said laughing as he run down the staircase. “Stop ing on your sister Kim Namjoon!” Eunbi yelled back at him.

 

Eunbi huffed as she went to the toilet to get ready. You have a big day ahead of you, she thought to herself as she stared at her reflection on the bathroom mirror.

Every normal school day was always hell for her, she hated the fact that she had to go to school every week. It was always the same thing every day. Same tricks, same stuff said to her. It was like life is copying and pasting onto her book of life because he’s too lazy to write the rest. Every day was the same, Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V.

She’s grateful for having two brothers that care about her so much, but sometimes she wished they went to her school. Sekai High was nothing but a nightmare to her. But she didn’t care anymore, she just wanted to graduate and leave everything to start a new life.


Seokjin sighed whilst cleaning the up the remaining pieces of the new china plate he bought off eBay. “Kim Namjoon I swear you will cause the death of me,” He cursed under his breath, disposing the shards into the rubbish bin.

“What? It was an accident!” Namjoon retorted from behind the kitchen counter.

“I have to buy more plates because of you,” The older exclaimed, pointing his finger at the boy’s face.

“I’ll buy you a new set later,” Namjoon brushed him off making the older furrow his eyebrows at him. He rolled his eyes, “I promise this time.”

“Good.”




Eunbi’s POV
 

I let the natural wind dry my hair up as I went scurrying down the spiral staircase to the dining table with hopes there will still be enough food left for me. Knowing my two brothers who basically gulps everything in one bite, I hurried my pace into the dining room before sitting on one of the chairs.

“Namjoon did you eat all the bacon?” I shouted at the boy who was sitting in front of the television only to hear a shrug from him as a response. “I’m a growing man, I need lots of food.” Namjoon replied, eyes still glued to the television screen. I chewed slowly as Seokjin walked in from the kitchen. He stared at me while I quietly stare back at him, mouth full with food. We had a staring competition for awhile before I decided to speak up.

“What do you want, oppa?” I said with one eyebrow slightly tilted upwards.

"Why are you wearing those broken glasses?” He asked as I stared down at the plate. “I’m more comfortable wearing these,” I replied with a soft voice, poking around the sausage with the fork I held in my right hand.

“I worked hard to buy you those glasses, and I expect you to wear them-" Seokjin said with a grimaced face.

“I’ll wear them tomorrow," I said with a forced smile, cutting him off before he starts his never ending nags.

"Are you sure you want to go out looking like-“ He paused before pointing his fingers at the red and brown jumper grandmother gave last Christmas along with the bell bottom jeans I wore. “That?” He continued as he frowned deeply.

“I bought you pretty dresses, why are you dressing up like this?" Seokjin asked.

“I’ll be going now, oppa.” The table shook as I slammed my chopsticks on it, slightly annoyed.

“Where do you think you’re going? I’m not done talking to you yet!” He shouted from behind as I strutted towards the cupboard. "I'm going to school, where else?" I said as I grabbed my backpack next to cupboard along with my shoes.

“Oh, right. School” He mumbled.

“I’ll be going, bye oppas!” I said to the both of them whilst wearing my Mary Janes and headed to the door. “Take care Eunbi.” Both of them said together in rhythm. I hummed in reply and walked on the sidewalk heading on the road to Sekai High.

“What’s the use of dressing all pretty when I’m only going to school? No one is going to notice me anyways.” I whispered slowly to myself, kicking all the sticks and stones along the sidewalk. I sighed as stood in front of the front gate of school before walking in. I headed to my locker on the far corner of the hallway, ignoring the stares and snickers I get from the other students who were standing near their lockers.

“What’s that jumper she’s wearing?” Eunbi heard a soft whisper from one of the girls. She ignored them, taking out her books for her next period. “Probably bought that at the thrift store.” She heard them laugh together, pinpointing her faults.

Eunbi stuffed in her ears with small earpieces connected to her iPod, hitting play.

I heard that you've been
Self-medicating in the quiet of your room,
Your sweet, suburban tomb.

And if you need a friend,
I'll help you stitch up your wounds.

I heard that you've been
Having some trouble finding your place in the world.

I know how much that hurts,
But if you need a friend
Then please just say the word.
You've come this far,
You're all cleaned up,
You've made a mess again,
There's no more trying,
Time to sort yourself out.

Hold on tight,
This ride is a wild one,
Make no mistake,
The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done,
Now don't lose your fight, kid,
It only takes a little push to pull on through,
With so much left to do;
You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you.





Writer’s POV
 

"Why is she all grumpy today?" Seokjin sighed as he watched Eunbi walk out of the house. He turned his face toward the dining table, grabbing the plates Eunbi used, putting them into the sink.

 "Maybe she’s having her time of the month.” Namjoon joked, continuing to eat his breakfast in front of the television.

“Could you please, maybe eat at the table? You’ll get the breadcrumbs all over the sofa!” Seokjin said to the younger who just shrugged it out like he always does.  It had always been forever like that for Seokjin. Every morning, waking up going to the same kitchen to cook breakfast for his younger siblings. Taking care of them has been him top priority ever since that accident that took his parents away. Seokjin sometimes wonders if it was his fault that they are now dead. But he just couldn’t remember the cause no matter how hard he tries to remember, leaving a small hole in both his and Namjoon’s memory.

Seokjin shook his head, removing his negative thoughts from his head, taking his school tie and tightening it around his neck in front of the human length mirror glued on the wall.

Namjoon huffed out a sigh as he watched his older brother fixing his tie. "Do you think she will ever know?" Seokjin asked the younger who stood up, doing the same as the older and put on his school uniform.

“His spell on her will unbind on her 17th birthday remember? We'll just have to let her know by herself then. About her history, about our kind, and about our parents.” Namjoon answered his brother.

“Hurry up hyung we'll be late, Mr. Kyungsoo will kill me again." The younger said to the older from the doorframe, ready with his backpack slung on.  Seokjin nodded as he took his backpack that was snagged onto the coat hanger and walked to his car with Namjoon beside him before driving off the academy they both went to.
 

The sound of the school bell ringing resonated on the hall walls. Eunbi strutted out of the class, heading toward her locker as it was time for lunch break. Eunbi huffed, putting her iPod and books inside her locker before closing the small steel door.

“I heard there’s a handsome transfer student coming to our school today!” Eunbi heard a group of girls gossiped near her locker.
“And I heard he’s from America too!” She rolled her eyes hearing the girls giggling.

America? Eunbi thought with a slight interest before a group of shrill screams interrupted her.
 

"Oh my god, it's him!"
"Oppa!"
"You’re so handsome!"
 "I heard he was really popular since preschool."

Eunbi snarled hearing all the remarks they gave him.

Popular since preschool? What is this, a kdrama? She let out a stifled laugh to the joke she just made. Eunbi tried to steal a glance at the so-called god looking guys, seeing only red colored hair. She rolled her eyes at the girls who fawned over the boy that just entered the building. She tried to glance a closer look at the boy from her locker, standing on her tip toes.

“Wait a minute, he looks quite familiar?” Eunbi mumbled under her breath slowly before making eye contact with the red hair. The boy then smiled at her, strutting through the girls.

Her eyes grew wide as the boy walked closer towards her.

“Kookie..?” She spoke with a soft voice, the tall figure coming closer towards her.

“Jeon Jungkook?” Her eyes slightly bugged out in realization.

“At your service, princess.” The red haired who now stood in front of her answered making her flinch. He smiled widely, showing his pearly white teeth.

“Eunbi~” He cooed, hugging her in front of his newly earned fangirls who gasped at his actions.

I am dead, was her final thought.

 

 

 


 



 

  I lost the plot notes regarding the old fanfic, have utterly no memory of what I wanted to write originally and honestly, I'm kind of excited to rewrite it lmao. But hi and see you in the next chapter, so goodbye.