Byun to the Rescue!

Byun to the Rescue!

 

„Where is Baekhyun?”, Chanyeol whined for the xth time that day, „I need him. Tell him to come home already!”

 

„For pete's sake, Chanyeol, stop acting like a baby! I already told you that he was on his way.”, Kyungsoo groaned, massaging his temples in order to calm his strained nerves.

 

„Yeah, hyung, stop it. We haven't been able to rest properly thanks to you continously crying for Baekhyun hyung.”, Jongin complained, sitting next to the owl-eyed singer on his bed while munching on some crisps. „What even is your problem? Are you sick?”, the dancer asked curiously.

 

„Sick my . He is freaking whipped, that's all. He just wants Baekhyun to come home and baby him and give him lots of attention.”

 

Upon hearing that, the giant immediately made an offended face, rolling his body to the other side so that he was able to face his bandmates. „T-that's not true! I am really sick. My head hurts a lot.”

 

„Well, how about you take some medicine, hyung?”

 

„How about you take your to a doctor, you idiot?”

 

Chanyeol sighed, lying flat on his back again. „It's not that bad, the headache, I mean.”

 

„If it's not that bad then ...”

 

„THEN WHY THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN CYRING LIKE A DYING WHALE THE WHOLE TIME?!”

 

„Kyungsoo hyung, no! Put that book down! It's okay, it's okay! Shh!”, Jongin coaxed, locking his arms around the short-tempered vocalist in order to prevent their innocent dorm from becoming a murder scene so early in the morning. The dancer was silently praying for the giant's other half to come back home soon because he wasn't sure for how long he would be able to keep the furious

singer at bay. He knew how dangerous an annoyed Do Kyungsoo could be. He also knew how even more dangerous an annoyed and sleep-deprived Do Kyungsoo could be. Jongin generally knew a lot about his favourite hyung. But if there was one thing he would never want to find out, then it would be the outcome of an annoyed and sleep-deprived Do Kyungsoo put together in a room with an extremely whiny Park Chanyeol.

 

Jongin shuddered. He had to do something.

 

„H-hyung.”, the dancer stuttered, „Why don't you just take some medicine, hm? Just to be safe. I think that would be much more effective than Baekhyun hyung's presence, haha!”

 

Chanyeol frowned. „What are you talking about, Jongin? His presence is the only thing I need right now. His gentle fingers massaging my temples and my hair, his soft voice whispering encouraging words to me, his breath-taking smile distracting me from the pain in my head – hah.”, the giant sighed dreamily at the thought of his beautiful boyfriend, completely unaware of the gagging noises Kyungsoo made in the background, followed by an almost inaudible „I am going to puke.” Jongin could only chuckle and shake his head at his cheesy hyung.

 

„Told ya, Jongin. He is totally whipped.”

 

„Who is whipped?”, a new, familiar voice suddenly chimed in and Chanyeol's face instantly brightened.

 

„Baby! You're home!”

 

„Oh my God, Baekhyun, finally!”, Kyungsoo groaned, tossing his book aside, thankful for not having to throw it on Chanyeol's head after all. The short vocalist got up from his bed and dragged an equally relieved but also partly amused Jongin along with him to the door, where Baekhyun stood and eyed them questioningly.

 

„Did something happen while I was away?”, the latter asked confusedly, tilting his head.

 

„Please Baekhyun.”, Kyungsoo pleaded, eyes seeming even rounder than they already were and Baekhyun could swear that his bandmate was almost tearing up. „Please, I don't care how you do it but for pete's sake, make this noisy giraffe shut up. Jongin and I haven't been able to rest because he kept wailing and your name and you are the only one who can save the rest of our day off so please, do something. Do. Something. We're out.”

 

The puppy-like vocalist only blinked when Jongin and Kyungsoo left the room, not having seen the latter in such an exasperated state since that one time he and Chanyeol had until he started throwing stuff at them. His boyfriend must have really annoyed him this time, otherwise there was no way his owl-eyed bandmate would beg him for something so desperately.

 

Suddenly, a rather loud groan interrupted Baekhyun's train of thoughts, causing the vocalist to turn around to the sight of his lover sprawled out on the bed with a kicked-puppy look that Baekhyun knew very well. The singer crossed his arms. „Park Chanyeol! What have you done while I was away?”

 

„I didn't do anything, Baek! I swear!”, Chanyeol protested, jutting his lower lip out. „It's just that ...well, my head hurts.”

 

„And that's a reason for you to whine and moan my name? You were disturbing our friends, silly. You know how rare it is for us to have a day off and both Kyungsoo and Jongin have been working really hard these days. They need to rest.”, Baekhyun scolded.

 

„I am sorry, I didn't mean to disturb them.”, Chanyeol murmured guiltily, suddenly very aware of how much his childish behaviour must have annoyed his friends. „I just missed you.”, he added quietly.

 

„Oh Chanyeol.”, Baekhyun sighed, his face softening at the way Chanyeol sat there, eyes so sad and never leaving the patterns on the bedsheets. Now it was him who felt guilty for some reason. He made his way to the giant's bed and sat down on the edge of it, opening his arms. „Come here you big baby.”

 

Chanyeol didn't hesitate for one second as he circled his arms around his lover's slim waist and burried his face in his warm and scented neck, sighing contendly at the way Baekhyun's Clean Warm Cotton perfume invaded his nostrils and all his senses. This was it. This was all he needed to feel better. Baekhyun's warmth. Baekhyun's scent. Baekhyun's presence. Baekhyun.

 

Meanwhile, the petite vocalist had a soft smile on his face, being equally happy to share this moment with Chanyeol. He brought one of his pretty hands up and started the soft chocolate brown strands on his giant's head, knowing how much the latter loved it when he did that. Baekhyun's smile grew a bit wider when he got a soft moan of appreciation as a response.

 

„Good?”

 

„Heaven.”, Chanyeol responded, burrying his face deeper into the shorter male's neck. Baekhyun chuckled.

 

„You can flex your muscles and flaunt your abnormal height all you want on stage, you will always be a big baby to me.”, Baekhyun remarked, placing a loving kiss on Chanyeol's head. „Does it still hurt?”

 

„It has gotten better now. Thank you.”

 

„That's good. You are travelling back and forth all the time, no wonder you are getting sick.”, Baekhyun said worriedly. He had never really opened up to Chanyeol about how scared he was for the latter's health. He grew especially worried after he found out what happened after their MAMA performance, when fans had seen Chanyeol almost fainting from fatigue. The thought of something happening to the giant really terrified Baekhyun but he never really voiced it out, afraid that Chanyeol might misunderstand it as him not believing in his strength. Instead, he chose to keep an eye on the taller male as often as possible and make sure he was eating and sleeping properly. After all, Chanyeol really was his everything even though he wasn't good at showing it to the giant sometimes.

 

Then again, Baekhyun knew that he didn't need to, because Chanyeol knew. Chanyeol understood him. Chanyeol just got him, like nobody else could. It was Chanyeol who laughed at his lame jokes. It was Chanyeol who called him „beautiful” even in his worst state. It was Chanyeol who always looked at him with eyes full of love and appreciation, not caring if they are being filmed or not, if they are in front of ten or thousand people.

 

It was and has always been Chanyeol.

 

„Baek.”

 

„Hm?”

 

Chanyeol suddenly lifted his head from Baekhyun's comfortable shoulder without loosening his arm around the vocalist's waist.

 

„What is it?”, Baekhyun asked amusedly when Chanyeol just stared at him. He started the giant's cheek as if wanting him to spit it out already.

 

„Baek, I love you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and pecked Chanyeol's lips. „I know. I love you, too, my overgrown baby.”

 

New gagging noises and a loud „Ew!” could be heard from outside of the room. But the couple paid no attention to it and just continued enjoying their moment together.

_____

A/N: *hides in a corner* How was it? Too mushy? I hope not >.<