//

The Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For everyone who treasures their loved ones. Sometimes, the reason for not saying 'I love you' is because I love you.

I'm back! Will be updating Vibrant Colours as soon as possible. :)

Heavy angst ahead. Caution!

 

December 19, 2015.

Hyukjae, it’s nice to see you. The weather’s lovely today. It’s a little cloudy here, around 15 degrees Celsius.

 I have not written to you for almost a year. How are you?

Last year, I could not make it in time for your funeral. When I rushed there, I was already two days late. Your brother gave me a cardboard box you left behind for me. I did not open it. I brought it all the way back home with me in Switzerland.

I did not have the courage to open it. It wasn’t until an hour ago, had I finally decide to open the box. It was just as I had guessed. The box was full of letters that I had written to you.

Piece by piece are letters that you had left behind. I read each and every one of them carefully. I even saw a pencil. It looked like it was only sharpened once. Were you preparing to write to me?

I see that you have not changed all these years. You’re still just as adamant about keeping the suspense huh?

Unfortunately, I can’t agree with you this time. You should have waited to tell me.

Say, what punishment do you deserve for breaking your promise? Didn’t we agree to write to each other about our grandchildren and even our great-grandchildren? How could you leave first?

 

 

I’m sorry for leaving a blank space above, I couldn't write over the wet patches. I must have got a little carried away. Guess I couldn’t blame you after all.

You always knew what you wanted. I’m guessing that you missed your wife so much that you couldn’t wait to join her up there, am I right?

Don’t ask me how I knew that. I guessed as much when you begin to write less often ever since your wife passed away. Sometimes, I’m so envious of you. If only I had the courage to face my tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter