So Hard,Isn't It

So Hard,Isn't It

Seeing him always brought a warm feeling in Youngbaes chest. Even though they've been together for years - like co-workers, best friends and lovers, hearing his voice and having him near still made him happy as the first time, when he realized he had a crush. They have al been working together for years, he knew all four of them like the back of his hand. But Jiyong was always special. He was his soulmate and best friend, they encouraged each other since their trainee days, sitting in Jiyong's room late at night talking about the future, hardships and dreams.

They understood each other perfectly and knew the others feelings and way of thinking, and yet, the hardest thing Youngbae ever did, was to confess. This brought them even closer all those years ago, and he got a companion that took care of him and loved him. Confessing... that sure had been the hardest thing ever, or so he thought until now. Now, there was an even harder question in front of him.

Yes, they have been together for years, but Youngbae was still a nervous wreck, scared of Jiyongs answer. He stood in front of his apartment, ready to knock, when Jiyong opened the door with a suprised expresion and invited him inside. Youngbae went straight for the couch. trying to calm his jittering nerves. Jiyong smiled and gave him a quick kiss, before going to make them tea. "So...what have you been doing until I visited?" - "Oh, just writting lyrics to a new song... but, I'm a bit stuck at the moment. Would you mind helping me Bae?", Jiyong smiled at him. "Ah... sure.But please sit with me first". Jiyong did just that, bringing them both a cut of tea. He kissed Youngbae's cheek." - "So...what did you want to talk about?"

Youngbae took a hold of others hands, "Well... um... I have been meaning to ask you something for a while... it's really imprtant..." - "Yeah, Bae?". He took a deep breath and... Jiyongs phone rang. He went to get it and speak to the person on the other end. Maybe it was their annoying maknae, or Jiyong's parents, or one of their co-workers. Jiyong returned after a few minutes, wearing his coat. "Sorry, jagi-ya, Teddy-hyung called me. He needs some help. Let's go grab a coffee later, you will tell me then." He didn't even wait for an answer before leaving.


Jiyong called him later that night, apologizing for not being able to make it to the coffee shop earlier that day. They have agreed to meet for a few minutes before their dance practice the next day.

They met in front of the door to their dance practice room, other three already inside. He fumbled with his hands, nervousness and fear getting the best of him. Jiyong took a hold of his hands and smiled warmly, trying to calm him down. "Bae... what is it that's making you like this?" - "Ah, well... I only wanted to-" , and that was the moment Seungri decided to scream loudly for some strange reason, all three of them inside laughing, making Youngbaes voicee silent. Next second Seungri opened the door, pulling them both inside and starting their dance practice.


In the next two weeks the same would happen. Whenever Youngbae tried to ask him, someone. somehow would interupt. They didn't even get to spend some time alone, their schedules getting in the way. All of this made Youngbae more and more irritated as each day passed. He had enough. There was no use in waiting for the perfect moment - it seemed like it would never come. So instead, he should ask him right away the next time when he see him.

And that moment came not so long after. To beexact, it was tomorrow morning, and all five of them had a dance practice for their next show. The whole time, Youngbaes nerves made a big probem to his dancing, so the first break came sooner hyan he expected. Their leader - his Jiyong was annoyed, telling him to cut it out, and how he's usually a lot better than this, but it all fell on deaf ears. And Jiyong noticed, "Youngbae... what's wrong with you today? You're not even listening to me!"

He took a deep breath, determination showing in his eyes. He fumbled with his pocket for a while, taking a hold of something inside of it. "I had enough! Every day someone has been interupting my actions, and I'm so tied of that. My nerves are bouncing of the walls as I speak, Jiyong. Everytime I wnated us to talk, something came up. So..." He kneeled down, looking around the room. All-knowing and reasuring eyes of Daesung gave him a little bit of courage needed. "Jiyong... We have met all those years ago. We've been through so much together and you have always been my strenght and hope - my best friend. You helped me, made me laugh, made my wishes come true. And I... I could never imagine my life without you in it. It would be such a sad and dark life... These past few weeks have been the hardest ever. And I'm sorry I couldn't make this more perfect... but I love you. I love you with all of my heart, Jiyong. So I'm going to ask you to spend the rest of your life by my side. Will you marry me...?"

The expresions on Jiyong's face changed so quickly, from annoiance, over confusion and shock, to happiness. He flashed a huge, bright smile, looking at a ring Youngbae has been holding, before taking it and jumping on him, telling him yes, yes, yes, a million times yes. Youngbae heard clapping and Seungris cheers, felt Jiyongs smile and tears. And he realized, it has been worth waiting and worrying over it. Because this, right now, in their dance studio, with Jiyong in his arms, and their long time friends around them - couldn't be more perfect.