What a gift - OS

What a gift.

 

 

Kim Jongin was a college student, just a normal thing. He did small jobs there and there, only to pay his daily months' bill of his small studio.
The firsts snowflakes had fall in this mid-december, while cold had reach its top. Jongin didn't want to deliver pizza in this cold weather, so he quitted, to find anoter one. And that's how he found himself diguised as Santa Claus every ing saturday afternoon. Jongin didn't want to accept the job offer, but after all, all he needed to do was to put the kid on his lap, and listen to his wish list for christmas.


Jongin sighed. Dressed with a big red coat, a small pillow beneath it to make his stomach look bigger, and dark high boots to his feet, he sat on the 'throne', just in front of the mall entrance, while a whole bunch of kids were lining up next to him, shouting and screaming, hoping that Santa Claus will notice them. Kids are naive. What a cute age.


One at a time, they sat on Jongin's lap, hugging him while telling him what they want for christmas, enthusiasticaly. Jongin responded them with a smile, taking a deep voice tha make its way through the big white and fake beard he had. It was quite fun. Minutes later, kids started to go, leaving Jongin alone. He permitted himself to rest a bit, closing his eyes, since there was no one around. But, against all odds, he felt a new weight on his lap, but something was strange. It was heavier than the kids he had before. A lot more heavier.


“Hi !” He exclaimed himself, playfully.

 


JongIn blinked, staring at the man who sat on him, trying to find a trace of mocking, but there weren't. Not sure about what to do, he deciced to play the man's game, reaching out his hand to pat the top of his head.
 
“Oh ! What a big kid you make.”
“Indeed !” He let out a slight laugh, keeping smiling to Jongin, showing a dimple.
So, what do you want for christmas ?”
“What I want is magic, awesome, magnificent !
“Really ? And what is it ?”
 
The man stood up, leaning to Jongin's ear, in order to whisper to him :
“ I want a boyfriend.

 

And he left.

 


Jongin had his eyes wide-opened. JongIn avait les yeux écarquillés. Well, this guy had guts and boldness to tell him this. Watching him leaving, Jongin couldn't took his eyes off of his back. He's pretty sure he'd seen him somewhere. He tried to remember where he'd seen that cute dimple -who's owner was good looking, though- but he couldn't.

He didn't expect this to happen at all. Not at all.

And of all the things that he can do, Jongin smiled.

 

~

 
Sitting in front of a table of the cafeteria, Jongin listened to his two friends, blablating about something he wouldn't even want to know, knowing how weird they were sometimes. And plus, he was too busy eating to participate to the conversation.
He raised his head from his plate, in ordre to grab the bottle of water next to him, but his gaze stalled at the horizon.

Jongin furrowed his eyes, while his stare went right through a man, laughing with another one. No. Way.
It was the man from the other day, who asked for a boyfriend or whatever.


JongIn patted Baekhyun's shoulder, to get his attention :
 
“Baek, do you know who that guy is, in the back ?
Which one ? The tall one or the smaller one ?
The smaller one.
“Ah yeah, I know him ! He's with me in some classes, Zhang Yixing I think he is, not sure about it.


Jongin make sure to not forget about that information, still looking to that guy, in the back of the room.

Zhang Yixing, it is.
 
Since that day, Jongin became more and more intrigued by this Zhang Yixing guy, starting to stare at him each time he saw him on the campus. They intersected often, but Yixing didn't notice him. Well, of course. He couldn't know who was hiding behind that red coat.
 

~

 
Saturday came, to the delight of all student people. Jongin stayed all day in his appartment, waiting for the afternoon to come, for his job. His cosplay was already there, he didn't need to prepare himself at home, all he needed to have was a good aura. That was not quite difficult.

It was 4PM when he reached the mall. At the time, it was full of people. Well, it's cristmas period, of course.
With his red coat and white beard on, fixing his hat on his head, he sat where children were lining up, in front of the big throne, making him smile.


Half an hour had pass, and even though he tried to be cheerful, he was tired. He couldn't see an end to it. Each five minutes, there were new kids in the line.

He put down the toddler he had on him, welcoming the next one, without raising his head up.
His heart missed a beat when his eyes met a torso, and not a cute baby face. Slowly, he raised his head, doubting about the identity of this person, but it was clear : It was the guy he'd been thinking of throughout the week, as known as Zhang Yixing.

Zhang ing Yixing.
 
“Hello ! He said, as he grinned, showing that dimple again.
 
JongIn cleared his throat, coming back to earth.
 
“Nice to see you again, my, ehm, dear.
“I came back to give you more details about the gift I want. Remember it ?
A-Ah yeah.. ! You didn't change your mind about that gift, don't you ?
“ No. I still want a boyfriend. But, in order that you can find him, I'll describe him ! I want a caring boyfriend, kind, attentive, but not too weak. He need to be strong, a little badass ? And a little bit cheesy. The perfect boyfriend ever.
 
JongIn swallowed with difficulty his saliva. Throughout his monologue, Yixing approached him slowly to Jongin's ear, leaving just a small amount of centimeters between them.
 
“How am I supposed to find someone like that ?Jongin asked, laughing a bit, just to show him he wasn't timid.
“You'll recognize him right away.
“Really ?
“ Yes. You know why ?whipered Yixing, as Jongin shook his head. “Because that person is just in front of me, known as Kim Jongin.
 
He stood up from Jongin's lap, not even letting him say a single word, leaving the mall like if nothing happening. What was that.

Jongin just sat there, a bit dumb. That was something.

Many thoughts' been passing through his mind, repassing over and over Yixing's words, like if he was making sure of what he just heard.

 

But at last, Jongin just, smiled.

Perhaps, Santa Claus will give what this guy wants for Christmas.

In other words, Santa Claus will offer this present with great pleasure.