DREI

My Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haven't updated in a long time! Hope you enjoy!

Your POV

Covering my damp face with my hands I ran to the nearest empty room within my proximity. I rushed inside, shutting it tight then crouched down huddled together in the corner. My right hand palm was still red and buzzing from the slap. My mind was blank and frozen.

What did I just do? The pain of regret came in the form of unstoppable tears. I wished that time just stopped for this moment so I could walk back and pretend it never happened. I don’t know.

I knew it was only meant to be a joke, I knew it. I knew. I screamed in frustration, digging my nails into my arms. I didn’t mean to. I didn’t mean to go that far. I’ve hurt Jongin but why do I feel like I’m hurting more? The guilt was scraping against the insides of me, eating me alive.

Third Person

A soft knock came from the door. It was soon followed by two tall boys carefully entering. They looked around and finally found her.

“MiRa-yah. Don’t worry about it, neh?” A deep voice resonated the tall ceilings of the room.

“Chanyeol? Please go away. I’m fine,” MiRa looked up seeing the two boys crouched next to her, and cracked her best looking fake smile.

“Noona, don’t lie to uth. Pleath. We don’t like theeing you like thith. It hurths uth thoo you know?” The youngest said whilst holding MiRa’s hands gently.

“Sehun's right. Tell us. We’ll listen to all of it. No matter if it’s boring or if it’s made up, we’ll sit right here, right next to you and listen to all of it. Just tell us. I promise it will make you feel better. I have the Yeollie seal of Guaranteedness. Trust me.” Chanyeol finished showing his pearly whites and sticking two thumbs up.

“Hyung, Guaranteedneth isn’th a word. You know that righth? I can’t believe your older than me and yet you’re thill thaying theesth wordsth.” Sehun sighed and shook his head.

Chanyeol swiftly slapped his head repeatedly. “Yah! What wath that for? Aaah. Noona help me. Hyung’th being a meanie.” Sehun lisped out.

MiRa had a real genuine smile stretched across her face and burst out into giggles. “Thanks. You guys are seriously the best at making people feel better.” She reached out to Sehun first and hugged him. The maknae returned it, whilst making a mehrong face to Chanyeol. The impatient older boy ripped MiRa off Sehun and captured her into his tight embrace.

“Ch-Chanyeo-Chan. I can’t. I can’t breathe. Too tight.” MiRa croaked out. Chanyeol immediately released her and apologised, rubbing the back of his neck goofily. “Sorry.” He apologised, “I’m glad you’re okay now. Do want to go back to the others now?” MiRa shifted uncomfortably.

“I don’t know if I can face Jongin after what I just did. Do you think he’ll forgive me?” Her large round eyes were glistening and had a tint of sorrow. “I know Noona. I know how he can forgive you!” Sehun burst with excitement.

“What is it Sehunie?” She asked with curiosity.

“Yah Noona~ Am I your favourith now?” Sehun grinned. “Anyway, go inthide and thell him how you really feel. And a nith big hug and maybe a kith would help thoo. He’ll definithely forgive you then.”

Whilst MiRa was deep in thought, the boys discreetly winked at each other, trying their best to hide their laughter. “You really think it would work?” The girl asked, unsure.

“Sure. Chanyeol hyung givth it the Yeollie theal of Guarantheednessth. Right, hyung?” The maknae nudged the older slightly.

“Yeah, that’s r-right,” Chanyeol nodded frantically.

“Thanks again. You guys are really the best.” MiRa said with a bright smile on her face. She headed for the door but stopped when Chanyeol called out for her.

“Oh, and if it works, you have to call me Yeollie too. It’s not fair if only baby Sehunie gets the attention.” MiRa nodded in return, agreeing to his deal.

Your POV

I was nervous as all my mind was thinking about was a hundred things that could go wrong in that room. The door was wide open but the boys were busy talking with themselves to notice me standing near the door. I mustered up all my courage inside of my petite body and attempted to knock before Chen suddenly called out my name. I froze.

I apprehensively shuffled inside of the room trying my hardest not to make eye contact for too long with any of the boys as it would be too awkward. In the corner of my eye I could see all the boys except Jongin making a monkey face as a result of trying to hold their laughs.

Suho was the first to break the awkward barrier. “Come on guys. Let’s leave the two lovebirds to solve their lovers quarrel. Give them some space. In the meantime, we can go to the park get some ice cream and bubble tea.” And with that, he evacuated the boys out of the room, a few murmuring ‘good luck' and patting his back. I blushed at them naming us two lovers.

It was just me and Jongin. Jongin and I. There was a long pause before I decided to break the silence. “So-“ We both stopped ourselves as we spoke at the same time. “You-“ Again, we stopped ourselves.

A tide of silence rippled in again as I just spent that moment gazing into his dark melted orbs. “You can go first.” He softly said.

Flustered, my cheeks pooled with blood as I stuttered, “Are you alright? I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I feel so guilty and I understand if you don't choose to forgive me. But I really didn’t mean to hurt you. Does it hurt badly?” I reached out, brushing my fingers delicately against his slightly reddened cheek.

Abrupt Jongin grasped them with his and looked deeply into my eyes. “It's okay. I know you didn't mean it and I’m sorry for aggravating you. If I hadn't, then this whole situation wouldn’t have happened.” He then pouted as a sign of an apology. “But you know, my cheek really hurts now. I need someone to make it feel better.” He whined.

I remembered what Sehun said, ‘A nice big hug and maybe a kiss,’ I contemplated for a second but then made up my mind.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and standing on my tiptoes with my eyes closed, I pecked him on his injured cheek. Before I had the chance to pull away, Jongin wrapped his strong arms around my waist and placed his plump lips on my forehead.

I wished that time could be frozen.

“Jongin-ah, does it still hurt now?” I murmured in his embrace, teasing him.

“Nope. It's all gone thanks to you.” He replied. I could see that his eyes were shimmering in happiness. It was really contagious as a smile creeped onto my face too.

“Do you wanna go to the park and get some ice cream and boba too?” He asked.

“Sure. But, the last one to reach the car has to pay!” Before I ended my sentence, I dashed as if deadly saeseng fans were chasing me. Wow. If you wanna run extremely fast, like on a whole new level, imagine it. A hoard of satanic saeseng fans sprinting behind you, shooting death glares that could roast turkeys. It's officially my new motivation to run faster. If Chanyeol hadn’t just put a fake copyright on the Yeollie Seal Of Guaranteedness ©, I’d probably have said that it has a hundred percent Guaranteedness.

As I was rushing down the stairs as fast as I could, a hand grabbed me. I turned to look. It was Jongin, with his signature smirk. He intertwined his fingers into mine, slowing me down. I don’t give up on winning that easily so I broke apart, free from his grasp. When I thought I was free, Jongin captured me, my back on his firm chest, his toned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter