Not a Bad Day Either

Not a Bad Day Either

Youngjae sighed inaudibly. It is late already but his works won’t keep him away from his desk. Actually, he had plenty of times back then in afternoon—but his cocky and selfish manager slash best friend just didn’t care and pull him along to join him having lunch venture. And what, did they, managers and bosses mean by going out for lunch is not only eat and go but they’ll gossiping until who knows when. And Youngjae was no one to turn down his manager slash best friend’s request.

But that bastard didn’t have so many works today so that’s why he still could catch up his work and go home on time…

“Maybe a coffee will help,” he mumbled as he stood up. He was never been a coffee person—he just believes that coffee actually help us to stay awake and he needs to stay awake. The deadline of the program he’s making is about a week from now and of course he has no time to play around.

Youngjae glanced to the clock that is hanging on the wall as he stirred his coffee. It’s already around 09.30 P.M. There’s a TV show he really wants to watch, but, he has no choice but to skip it.

He frowns. Today was clearly not a good day for him.

The day started early in the morning. He was satisfied enough with himself that he was able to be ready very early in the morning, which means he doesn’t have to rush up and he can eat his breakfast in peace. That was a rare occasion so, he thought, for once it’s good to waste his money having his breakfast in a café—and not just having a slice of bread without anything on it and has to eat it in rush.

So he walked out toward train station—and unfortunate thing happened to him. He almost arrived at the train station until there was a kid running after his dog. The kid seemed doesn’t see where was he going and he bumped at Youngjae!

No, that wasn’t the worst part—the worst part is that little kid seemed lost the dog from his sight as he was buying ice cream, and as he bumped Youngjae—yes, the ice cream was spilled all over Youngjae’s clothes and the boy was crying as if it was Youngjae’s fault.

So Youngjae had to buy the kid ice cream again to make him stop crying, went home again to change his clothes—and he decided to throw away the plan to have breakfast in café. He got a slice of bread for his breakfast today.

Fortunately he wasn’t that late today but sure the office seemed so busy. Actually Youngjae was just late for less than five minutes but there was something going on in the office—and the boss scolded Youngjae for being late today.

“Didn’t I email you yesterday night, Yoo Youngjae? The X Company requested a program from us and they want the proposal to be available by tomorrow! How could you be so late, now go to your desk and do the proposal of the program we’ve been talking for past weeks!” Said the boss.

Youngjae was confused at the rushing situation in his office. He planned to finish at least ¾ works of the program that was requested by another company—but everyone knows that X Company rules Seoul and it is such an honor to get a request from X Company.

Good thing that every discussion and meeting they held, Youngjae always kept a perfect note on it so making proposal is not really a hard thing—moreover, it’s made-by-himself program so it’s not really a hard thing to do—but still it means he had less times to continuing his work on the other program.

So after hours, Youngjae managed to finish the proposal. He emailed the soft copy to his boss and asked his subordinates to print out the hard copy. As he wanted to start continuing his current program, his bastard best friend slash manager or usually people called him Mr. Kim, pulled him away from his desk.

“Let’s have lunch venture,” he said.

And it was definitely not just a lunch. They gossiped, drink, and they even went to the cinema! Youngjae was getting crazy at that point. He didn’t dislike the idea of hanging out, but the problem is he still has some works to do.

But he was in between managers and bosses. Who is he, to say that he wanted to go?

“Youngjae you didn’t seem enjoy it well,” Said Kim. Or Kim Himchan. Or Himchan.

Don’t act like you don’t know I have plenty of works… “Oh well,” Youngjae glanced to the others, when he was sure the others weren’t paying attention to him, he continued, “I have plenty of works actually.”

“Oh god, why don’t you tell me earlier! It’s almost 06.00 P.M,” Himchan said. “Shoo shoo, go back to the office—My works finished already and I still wanna hang out so,” he grinned.

“Alright. Please tell those bosses and managers I left due to work, okay? I don’t want them think that I don’t enjoy the hang out,” Youngjae said before going back to the office.

 

And here he is now, staying late in the office—doing coding and such. Actually he felt sleepy already, but he can’t just leave his works like that.

Ah today is definitely not a good day… He thought as he finished his coffee. As he intended to go back to his desk—a voice distracted him.

“Yoo Youngjae? Why are you still here, It’s already late,”

Youngjae couldn’t help but widening his eyes a bit. It is Jung Daehyun, from publication division—or let’s make it clear, Youngjae’s crush since who knows when.

“A-ah well, you know, I still have some works to do, so…”

“Oh, really? Is there still a lot to do?” He raised his eyebrow a bit.

Okay. Why did he ask something like this? What should I answer? Wait- what am I thinking, I should just be honest and say that I still have few things to do,

“I...,”

Waaaaaait! No, how if he actually want to go home with me? I mean, if there’s nothing else to do then he will ask me to go home with him- wait, I guess I should give it a try…

“…well I’m about to finish my work. I just need to check things, save, and go home.” He lied.

“Then if you’re going home soon, I guess I’ll wait you up then we can have some drinks first before going home?” The latter smiled.

“T-That’s a good idea! Wait up here, I’m gonna check and save things first,” Said Youngjae before run as quick as possible to his desk to checking up things.

 

Well the deadline is still next week and it’s gonna be done soon if I’m working hard tomorrow…

 

And guess that today is definitely not a bad day either!