On that fateful day

Jigsaw Fit

"Do you think we fit well together?"

"I think so. I'll fit you. I'll just make myself fit."

 

I snapped from my reverie. It's been what? 9 months since then but the memories are still fresh. The last time we met was in mid-August. I tightly hold into her hands, like I always did and confidently said that we'll continue our "recharging". The delicate touch of her hand, pressed into mine still lingers as if they happened yesterday.

 

I know I had this reputation of being a playboy. In an interview few years back, I confidently said that I had, at least, 8 ex girlfriends before. People easily accused me as the cause of break up. Am I or should people had given me the benefit of the doubt first before jumping to their own conclusions?

 

Busan Namja Style. That's how people close to me and my fans describe me. Yes. I am proud of my manly personality. My father brought me up this way. I am blunt with my feelings. I usually don't hold myself back with my thoughts. I don't celbrate occassions and I would let my girlfriend meet with her ex. I can be harsh with my actions. That's my love. But they didn't understand it so I let them go. People being strangled with just keep on struggling to escape the situation. Let them go.

 

That's why, on that fateful day, March 2, when I started shooting for the Variety Show "We Got Married", I was still a little nervous with how my "wife" will react to my honesty. Being in the industry for almost 6 years, I am almost fed up with all the pretentiousness we have to make and face in order to maintain our "idol" image so that we would not receive any backlash from fans.

 

"Who is she? How her personality would be? Would we fit one another?"

 

And then, I saw her, sitting in one of the benches, her hair being blown by the wind and her eyes that caught my heart.

 

By then, I realized, for the first time in my life, I fell in love at the first sight.