addiction

scintilla

addiction
(n.) the condition of being abnormally
dependent on some habit



minho caresses taehyun’s hair, softly and gently. the bedsheet and their legs entwined together. taehyun shifts closer to minho’s body and rests his head on his chest.

up. down. one. two.

he keeps on counting in his head as minho breathes lightly. the sound of his breath soothes his every part of him and he wonders if love is truly magical. the first time he walks alone, he felt right. but now, when he steps outside without him tailing from behind or standing idly at the side, he senses the emptiness. habit is dangerous. it reminds us how dependent we are without even realizing it. taehyun realizes that his habit is song minho. and he doesn’t mind about it.

minho gets off the bed and takes out a cigarette. he goes out to the balcony and starts his smoking session. taehyun gets up too but he is reclining back at the bed headboard. minho smokes - not always but only when he is in distress or when the weather sinks further down. it makes taehyun wonder how did he managed to keep his teeth clean.

season after season, taehyun still cannot figure him out. just like how cigarette can be addictive, song minho is taehyun’s addiction. his cologne, his hair and his lips. the way he walks and speaks, every little thing he noticed. even when he laughs or when his chest heaving up and down. he can list all the things he loves about him.

what is it about cold that reminds him of? it is song minho. and now, he prefers winter over summer. he prefers cigarette over nicotine patch. he prefers minho over the world that can be given to him.