Final

Winter Gift

 

"Argh! This is so frustrating!" Hansol ruffled his hair out of frustration. It's already been 2 hours of him learning how to knit a scarf, and so far he only got a single knot from the knitting process. Yes, that's how bad he is.

"Just continue knitting! You being stupid and easily frustated is not going to help you finish that scarf!" Sophia     being a nice little sister she was, volunteered to teach her poor big brother on how to knit a scarf     scolded. "Just be thankful that I, your ever so precious little sister is actually helping you." She added.

Hansol just groaned and obeyed her orders. He then continued knitting from the single knot he got earlier and trying his best to get a proper-looking scarf that he wanted. The process took really-really long to finish. It even took him 3 days to finish half of the scarf's body, and it doesn't even look that decent even from his own view.

"How can you finish a beanie in a day? It took 3 ing days for me to finish this!" Hansol quickly covered his mouth after he realized he just cursed right in front of his innocent little sister. "S-sorry, forget what I said."

Sophia just shook her head and lightly slapped Hansol's arm. "You need to be patient with this, oppa. You can't just magically poof a scarf you know."

"I know... It's just, It's really hard!" Hansol whined, earning a 'just-continue-to-make-it' look from his sister.

The main reason the-almighy-and-swag Hansol do this is just to see his crush again. Yeah, his crush.

If you're wondering why did he fell for her, here's the reason why :

three days ago...

"Hansol-ah! Catch!" A baseball flying through in the air as Seungkwan   his best buddy    yell his name to catch it. Hansol    who was zoning out at the moment    didn't see that coming, so...

"AAAAH! MY NOSE!!" Hansol winced in pain, Seungkwan quickly came up to him and apologise continously. "I'm so sorry Hansol!"

Hansol just nodded and ask Seungkwan to accompany him to the School's Infirmary since his nose is bleeding, impact of the stupid baseball who slammed right on his so-called beautiful nose.

Soon as they arrived, Seungkwan excused himself because he forgot he had a meeting with the Diva Club today. Yeah, it's as sassy as it sound. 

Hansol, being a kid who never went inside the infirmary just stood at the door frame like a clueless child whilst trying to stop his nose from bleeding by covering it with his hands who is already bloody because he covered his nose earlier.

Then, a noise startled him. It's a loud yelp who he comfirmed was a girl's yelp. When he turn around, his eyes widened.

It was a pretty girl with short dark brown hair that matched the colour of her eyes. She looked at him weirdly before pushing his shoulder towards the beds and removed his hand who was covering his bleeding nose. "Oh gosh, you must have been bleeding a lot. Let me take care of you,"

"B-but," Hansol wanted to refuse because he felt slightly shy and he didn't want to be troublesome for the girl, but before he can even do that the girl already 'shush' him.

She begin by cleaning the blood out of his hands and face with a washcloth that has been dunked to a bucket of warm water. She does it very gently and Hansol can't help but blush at the contact of the washcloth with his face. After the blood is wiped away, she asked him, "Why the heck are your nose bleeding? Is it a normal nosebleed or what?"

"O-oh, my friend accidentally hit me hard with a baseball earlier." The girl 'hm'-ed for a second before taking an ice pack. "Here, put in on your nose. Your nose is injured because of that hit, that's all. I'm going to tell your teacher about your absence. What's your name and what class are you in?"

The boy didn't know if she's a transfer student or he isn't popular enough, because almost everybody knows him. "May I ask you first? Are you a transfer student?"

The girl shook her head, and Hansol swore he heard his heart broke a little. Okay that was too dramatic.

The girl then repeated her question, hint of impatientness could be seen. "I'm Chwe Hansol, Class 2-C. And you?"

"I'm Shin Jihee, Class 2-F."

After that she excused herself and bid goodbye to Hansol with a smile and a wave. Hansol did the same.

He now knows what 'Like at first sight' means now because he falled for her from the second they made an eye contact. 


Yeah, really cheesy and cringe-worthy 'like'  experience from Hansol.

Back to the present, he hasn't see or heard of her ever since she left him in the infirmary, so he planned to give a present to her as a token of gratitude and by that he really means he want to see her and he didn't have any topics or what so ever so he came up with this.

Since it's winter already, he wanted to give her a winter themed present. So, he decided to knit her a scarf himself, he thought it was easy because Sophia knits scarfes and by the looks of it, it really was easy.

Apparently, it's not.

Now the poor Hansol is still knitting his scarf with some encouragement from no other than his little sister, Sophia.

After 3 more days of knitting, Hansol finished his scarf. It was a snow-white coloured scarf, it didn't look that decent compared to Sophia's but please, do any man considered knitting as a hobby? No. So, it's safe to say it's pretty decent for a boy's level.

"It's pretty! Don't you think so?" Hansol grinned showing his snow-white scarf to the Diva Boy, Seungkwan. "I made it myself, it's for Jihee!"

Seungkwan shook his head, giving a motion of disapproval, "I mean, it looked pretty decent because a boy made it, but are you sure you wanted to give it to a girl?"

After that discourage, Hansol started to think every possible way that he will get rejected even if it was not a confession. "You're right! What if she's allergic to yarn and when I gave this she die?!? What if she didn't like it and started to avoid me even if we only met once?!? What if-,"

A voice stopped a discouraged Hansol from blabbering any possible ways he get rejected, it was no other than his angelic senior, Jeonghan.

"Hansol, you make the scarf yourself right?" Hansol nodded, suddenly grinning ear-to-ear when he remembered the scarf, "If that's so, just give it to her. No matter if you get rejected or she will never see you again, it's better to give what you already make with much love and patients, right?"

Hansol nodded once again. He started to feel encourage, and quickly run to find Jihee, not before saying a "Thank you!" and give Jeonghan a bro hug. After he left, Mom Jeonghan scolded her DIva-like son, Seungkwan.

"Okay, I'm going to say 'Thank you for taking care of me the other day. Here, I made a scarf for you... It's not that decent, but I made it with so much love and patients.' Yes, I'm a genius." Hansol monologued, his self-praising time appearing. He's now walking on the 3rd floor since that's where Jihee's class at. When he walk past the big window on the hallway, he catch a glimpse of a girl crouching and probably crying on the school's garden and a boy who he confirmed walking away from the girl.

"Oh poor girl, I think she had a failed confession just now," Hansol said, still examining the girl. She had a short dark brown hair like Jihee's, he gasped and quickly ran down the stairs, wanted to check if the girl he's examining just now was her.

By the time he got there, she's already gone. He searched in every single spot on the garden but he can't find her anywhere, he ruffled his hair out of frustation causing his red beanie to almost fall off of his head. It's already too late to go back to class because in a few minutes it's already time to go home anyways. Hansol just waited for a few moment in the garden untill the bell rung, after that he goes to his class to retrieve his backpack.

On the way home, he decided to stop by the playground not so far from the school since it didn't snow yet, and sit under a big tree. He took the white scarf that he's going to give to Jihee and looked at it sadly, you'll have to wait a little longer, scarf.

He looked around the playground and notice a agirl wearing the same uniform as him sitting beneath the stone slide. He slowly approached her and a not-so-inaudible gasp escaped his mouth. It was Jihee, and she's... crying?

Hansol sit beside her, making the girl yelped because she's startled. "O-oh, H-Hansol! You sca-r-red m-me!" She said, hiccups could be heard and slapped his arm lightly before trying to wipe her tears out and make it look like she didn't cry just now.

"I know you're crying, if you wanted to cry some more just let it out. I won't judge." Hansol said, he suprisingly didn't felt shy or blush like a school girl this time, his mind is too occupide with how will he cheered the girl up that even his shy personality when it comes to girls vanished immediately.

"N-no, I-I d-don't w-wa-want t-t-to c-cr-cry a-any-m-more," She said between hiccups and sniffs that are getting much worses than before. The problem must be really hurtful since she stil hiccuped from time to time, Hansol didn't think through and just wrapped his arms around the girl's torso, hugging her.

"Just let it out, it's better to let it all out instead of burying it deep in your heart and never letting it out. Don't pretend that you're alright when you're actually not," His words hit her so badly, she gripped on his blazer and cry her hearts out. Hansol didn't mind if his uniform get all wet or snotty, he doesn't even care about it. He just wanted Jihee to let all her feelings out so she would get better.

After a long cry with hiccups and sniffs, Jihee finally stopped crying and pulled away from Hansol. Her eyes were still puffy and red, and her nose is red too. "Thanks Hansol, and sorry..." She pointed to Hansol's uniform that was wet because of her tears.

Hansol just shook it off, "By the way, may I ask you why were you crying?"

Jihee suddenly look uneasy, but softens instantly when she remembered It was him who comforted her so, he at least has to know.

"Okay, here's the story. I got rejected by my crush. It's actually not a big deal if he just rejected it and left, but he started to mention all my insecureness and that hurt my self-esteem real bad," She took a deep breath before continuing, "And as if it wasn't enough, he even trampled up the gift that I was going to give to him and he threw it harshly to the trashcan,"

Hansol immediately muttered a 'sorry', but the girl just shook it off and smiled. "Let's go home, it's getting dark and chilly here." The girl shivered slightly.

Hansol suddenly remembered the scarf that he was going to give her today, he took it out and show it to her, "Here, It's for you. Thank you for taking care of me the other day, I made it myself so I'm sorry for the lack of properness..." He rubbed his nape.

The girl said nothing, she hugged him instead. Hansol, back to his shy personality, blushes madly while trying to naturally hugged her back like he did before, it almost like he has a DID where he have two kinds of personality, The first is the Shy Hansol and the second is the Almighty and Swag Hansol.

After they pulled away, Hansol    still blushing    put the scarf around her neck and cover Jihee's head with his red beanie, "I-is it warm enough?"

"Yes, it is. Thank you so much Hansol, I'll wear this scarf whenever it gets cold." The girl flashed a smile, making the boy blushed again for the ump-teenth time of the day.

Hansol bit his lower lip slightly, hesitating wether he just bluntly confess to her or not. "U-um... Jihee... I-I..."

"You?" Jihee look at him with a puzzled look.

Just say you like her, you coward! His inner-self said. He's freaking out at this point because of a confession he's going to make.

"I-I... I l-like y-you- YOUR HAIR! YEAH! I LIKE YOUR HAIR!" Hansol blurted out of freaking out-ness.

Note, Hansol is never good handling his freaking out self, ever.

There was a long paused of awkwardness before the girl decided to break it because she's afraid it will become very very awkward between them.

"Um... Thanks?" The girl said puzzledly before standing up and planning to go home, "I guess I'll go now, See you at school!"

"W-wait! Jihee!" Hansol stand up and catch her wrist, he spun her around and peck her lightly on the lips. Yeah, ON THE LIPS.

"U-uh... BYE!" And with that, Hansol sprinted towards his home with a red blushing face, embaressed after he realized what did he just done. 

Jihee, on the other side, just giggled and smiled knowingly, "I think I have a new crush that's already crushing on me," The girl gathered her stuffs that she previously put on the side of the stone slide, and then walking happily to her home still wearing the winter gift Hansol just gave her.



Meanwhile...

"Why are you panting? And what's up with the red face?" Sophia questioned. She was just about to go to the kitchen to grab some snacks when she see her brother panting with a red face leaning on the door frame.

"I-I kissed h-her! I KISSED HER!" He broke down and covers his whole face from embaressment. Sophia just laughed and pat her brother's back, "It's okay oppa! As long as you didn't kissed her out of nowhere on the lips and leave like a chicken, you'll be fine!"




"THAT'S NOT HELPING!"




 



And that's the end! I'm sorry for any gramatical errors or typos because my typing is the worst and English is not my first language T-T.

And I'm really sorry too if my ways of writing is not that good, because I'm kind of a newbie in this world called 'Fanfiction' /?

Comment your thoughts about this one-shot! I didn't get many comments on my stories so I'm a little self-conscious about my story...

Anyways! Thanks for those who subscribe and for those who's willing to spend time to read this fic. ILYSM! 
<3