one.

Door to Door Santa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a loud rumbling coming from the living room, sounding very much unlike his cat hopping onto the couch or swatting an ornament from the Christmas tree. Startled and somewhat cautious, Kyungsoo took the frying pan from the stove and rounded the corner, shocked to see that the window that had been ajar to let in fresh air, was swung wide open and in front of it sat a man. 

It seemed that he had fallen down when climbing throug the window, sitting flat on his behind, eyes wide. Kyungsoo automatically took a martial arts position, feet apart, fingers clutching the spatula in his hands still as he eyed the intruder. The man, cosplaying a distraught santa with a ripped hat, scruffy beard and open jacket with the belt hanging on his hips, seemed to be in his twenties. He was blessed with bronzed skin, almond eyes and thick lips. Besides his curiously good looks and flimsy attire, he didn't seem to carry anything with him. Not the expected crowbar, nor a weapon, nor anything else that was usually an attribute for the stereotypical thief.

The santa was having trouble opening his eyes, as they were droopy and red. He was shivering profusely, but Kyungsoo decided to put his manners aside momenteraly to hear the person out on why he was in his apartment on the first day of Christmas in a poor excuse of a santa costume. Furthermore, the man was rendered defensless due to his state of mind and lack of weaponary, putting him in a headlock would be easier than wrestling with his cat to get the bird shaped ornament from claws. 

"This is not my room." The man mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. He whipped his head around commically a few times, the fluff ball on his santa hat hitting him on his cheeks. The dreariness had faded from his eyes and his demeanor had become more lifely.

"No, this is my room." Kyungsoo was still holding onto the spatula, but his grip on the handle had significantly weakened. The supposed robber did not seem to have any bad intentions. Kyungsoo glanced around briefly to check if his cat had not jumped out the window at this perfect opportunity, but it was sitting quietly on the far end of the couch, eyeing the stranger with a mysterious glint in her eyes.

". I knew I had to go up one more floor!" He grabbed onto his hair and pulled it in frustration. The curls bounced back into place, whipping up with the slight breeze from the window. 

"Can I ask you why you were climbing up this building, looking for a specific apartment while you could have just taken the front door and the elevator. The housekeeper is understanding enough to have called whomever you needed." He supplied, opting to probe around a little before sending him straight out the door. He put the spatula on the coffee table, close enough to grab, but far away enough to give the impression that he was entirely friendly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter