Christmas Promises -Part 1.

Christmas Promises.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

In the cold of December , a little girl was coming home at last. This visit at her grandma’s house was terribly long , specially for a 7 years old girl. When she reached the door frame , her eyes went directly for the Christmas three and she pouted when she noticed no gifts were placed underneath there yet.

 

“ Did he forgot about us ? “ The little girl asked her mother as her brother and father closed the door after them. Slowly the cold wind was replaced by the warmth of the house.

 

“ Of course not , Sunmi. Don’t worry , Santa will bring you gifts but only while you will be asleep. “ Her mother said with a genuine smile. Sunmi looked down to her little brother who seemed to practically sleep while being still awake. Daehyun was only 5 and it was even harder for him to stay awake pass 10pm.

 

“ Why don’t you bring your brother to your room and go to sleep. We will place the cookies and milk during this time. “ Her father said and , as an obedient child , Sunmi nodded before taking her brother’s hand and walk up the stairs.

 

Sunmi and her brother still slept in the same bedroom and actually got along pretty well together. Her brother literally fell asleep in her arms and she posed him on her bed as she turned around to undo his and take out a pyjama.

 

It took her all she had to actually help him put the pyjama on. He woke up momentaly through the process and looked at her with sleepy eyes. “ Do you think he is real? “ He asked her and she stopped putting his socks on to look at him.

 

“ Who are you talking about? “ She asked concerned. Her little brother sighed and closed his eyes.

“ Santa. “ He simply answered and Sunmi gasped. It was never a good thing to doubt his existence.

 

“ Of course he does! “ She said angerly. “ Why are you doubting that? “ She added and her brother raised to walk to his own bed and she followed him.

 

“ Jaewon told me he wasn’t. That is was a lie made by the grown up. “ He said as she put the blanket over his small body.

 

“ Well Jaewon is wrong. This little Mr-know-it-all , is wrong for once. “ She said and Daehyun smiled.

 

He didn’t replied since he fell completely asleep soon after. Sunmi , on her side , put her pyjama on and decided to go to bed herself. As she closed her light , she posed her head on the pillow and questions came filling her head. What if it was right? She was older and she heard about those rumours a long time before Daehyun did but she always refused to believe in them. It was just non logical to her. What would keep people from doing something wrong if it wasn’t from ending on his blacklist? The world would be simply too chaotic.

 

She couldn’t deny that sometimes, she wondered. Who could really live in the cold? Most of all , how could he pretend to be able to go  through every house in a single night? That seemed impossible but then, again, one answer explained it all ; magic. Everything about Christmas turned around magic. That was the only real answer to her.

 

She turned in bed for hours , still trying to find the answer to some questions she had. What if magic couldn’t explain it all? She widened her eyes. She had the chance tonight. At midnight it would be Christmas. She could catch him on the act. This way she would have the official answer. It was a good plan, she thought.

Slowly and carefully , she escaped the comfort of her bed , only to make sure to reach the hallway. Cracking the door open , she feared to wake up her brother or her parents but felt relieved when she noticed they both were still heavily sleeping.

Walking through the dark of the hallway and jumped on the place when she heard the clock ringing , signifying it was already midnight. She must hurry.

 

She walked to the stairs and came down. When she reached the first story of the house she realised how silent it was and it hit her , maybe it was real , maybe it wasn’t true. She had to make sure.

 

She went to the living room and pouted to herself as she noticed no gifts under the three yet and the cookies untouched. She felt so hurt that even the simple image of the tree was enough to make her cry. Erasing those tears , she turned around and turned the corner of the living room to go back to the stairs when she heard it. The sound of a bell. She smiled heavily and ran back to the living room.

 

Suddenly , the three was covered of gifts and the tree’s lights were opened. It was a splendid spectacle and she smiled even more when she turned her head.

There was someone eating the cookies. She knew it and she was proud to be right , Santa existed. She couldn’t wait to tell everyone the next day. Then it hit her; the person eating the cookies wasn’t the one she hoped to see. Indeed , he was a lot smaller.

 

It was a little boy. Looking around her age. He was maybe a bit taller than her and was eating the cookies like a real pork.

 

“ Hey , you ! What are you doing in my house? “ She shouted to the boy. He jumped in panic and turned around to face her. She was taking aback by his good features. He was really cute. Him ,on the other hand , didn’t even dare breathe.

 

He had been caught in action and he knew that , if the Great Father knew it , he would be in deep trouble. Neither of them dared to talk for some times and she heard him perfectly when he gulped. “ Who are you? “ She asked angrily as she posed her hands on her hips and walked closer. The little boy felt quite intimidated by her. “ I asked you a question. Answer or I’ll scream to wake up my parents. “ She said and that’s when he came back to his senses.

 

“ No , don’t do that. “ He said jumping on place. She raised an eyebrow and sighed.

 

“ Will you answer? “ She asked. “ You are just an intruder. I can call the police and you will end up in prison. You won’t have gifts never again. “ She said trying to make him feel bad.

 

“ I am not an intruder , I am Xiumin. “ He said innocently. Almost like if she had to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter