dawn.

Surreptitious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung was not one to secretly stare at her boyfriend for almost an hour while he slept soundly, nor was she one to mentally drool over his face that seemed to be extra swoon-worthy during the break of dawn. Sure, she thought Kyungsoo was undeniably handsome, but there was something about him that morning that made her feel like a giddy teenage girl who couldn't believe that she was in the arms of her Prince Charming, no matter how cheesy that sounds. He looked so angelic while he slept, and the way the sunlight shone on his features made him even more captivating. She was trying so hard not to kiss him all over his face because that would wake him up instantly, and besides, she wanted to enjoy the view for a few more minutes until they were forced to get up. So instead, she just let out a soft sigh and stared at his beautiful face with contentment. However, her reverie was cut off when she felt Kyungsoo's arm tightening around her waist.

"Jagiya, until when are you going to stare? Pretending to sleep is tiring, you know." He said in his raspy morning voice, making her insides churn. His eyes fluttered open and he gave her a lazy, amused smile, causing Soojung to blush slightly.

"I was not!" She quickly denied, reflexively distancing herself from him, but his arm kept her trapped.

"You could always ask nicely, Soojung." Oh, the way her name rolls off his tongue. "Staring is quite rude."

"Oppa, stop!" She whined, burying her face on his chest. Kyungsoo let out a soft chuckle, and if it was possible for Soojung's cheeks to flush a deeper red, then it would've. She was never caught staring (she never even stared at his sleeping face before since he always woke up first), and the fact that he was only pretending to be asleep embarrassed her more.

"I had a dream, you know." He spoke in a teasing manner. This hiked up Soojung's curiosity, making her look up to him.

"What is it, if I may ask?"

He looked down at her with a huge smile on his face. "In my dream, I was standing in front of the most beautiful girl there was, and she looked at me with so much happiness and adoration I couldn't explain. We were just there in each other's arms. Funny how I woke up and it's as if my dream never ended."

Kyungsoo finished his short narrative by kissing the tip of Soojung's nose, causing her cheeks to burn yet again. He wanted to kiss her passionately right there and then, but he restrained himself since he wanted to even more. She was too adorable and breathtakingly beautiful for her own good, and Kyungsoo could still not believe she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter