Chapter 25

His Mistress

Jimin noticed Minhee’s unidentified smile when their eyes met. It came with her twinkling eyes.

What happened?

Now all of them sitting around the round table, indulging their burgers. He hates to admit this but Mark and Minhee look so good together and Hoseok won’t shut up saying they will have  good looking children together.

“Jimin, why are you so quiet? Still not forget about the jumping ghost?” Yoongi mocked with his crinkled eyes. “It won’t come out to you, stop being dramatic,” He added.

“I am not thinking about the ghost!” Jimin shot – his face suddenly turned red. He screamed in the cinema, and part of him thankful Minhee wasn’t with them.

The remained snickered. Jin wiped his lips with the napkin after he finished his cheese burger. “So, why not we all hang out at Taehyung’s today, sleep over.”

“But Minhee have work tomorrow,” Jimin said – worrying about the girl. Minhee seem doesn’t have enough time to rest now.

Minhee quickly shakes her head. “It is alright with me. I am not that sleepy,” she exclaimed.

“Great. We can play truth or dare!” Taehyung beamed in delight, excite washed him over. “I want to buy pepero!” He exclaimed suddenly.

Jin nodded. “I am sure you have $2 with you, right?” He asked – eyes narrowing to the younger. Taehyung have this really bad experience in the way he’s spending his money, so Jin watch his money for him and Taehyung never have been so thankful before.

“Of course. I still have $200.” Taehyung proudly told, eyes twinkling with happiness.

“I totally positive I gave you $500 last fortnight, Tae… where is the other $300?” Jin dropped his half eaten burger on the plate, the sauces on his fingers.

“I saw some great hoodie in Hongdae...” Taehyung fidgeting in his seat. “And… I bought it,”

Jin sighed in relieved. “At least you hadn’t been mugged,” He continue eating and receive some ‘he’s doing okay on his own’ from Namjoon and he leave him without reply.

Mark, at the other hand are amused by the group’s behavior around each other. All of them practically like a family. Happy family, he may add. He glanced to Minhee and just watch the girl talking to Jungkook – sometimes her cheeks risen as she laughs, and that is one of the prettiest thing Mark ever viewed in his life.

“You should stop staring,”

Mark flinched when Youngjae’s voice hits him. “Is that obvious?”

“Totally,” Youngjae replied, smirk tugging on his lips. If an angel comes to him now and wants to fulfill his wish, Youngjae wants Mark and Minhee together again. Words can’t describe the shine on Minhee’s face when he told her that Mark lost his memory. And he is positive Mark loves her too – it doesn’t hard to see that his eyes hardly can focus anything beside the lady.

He wiped his lips with napkin when the others rose from their seat, wanting to spend the rest of their night at Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and Minhee shared house.

_____________________________________

“Food or Namjoon?” Taehyung’s deep voice sounded joyfully as he pointing his slender finger to the older guy. “Come on, hyung!”

“Namjoon, of course.” Jin replied with much confidence – earning coos from the others.

The group is having a blast playing truth or dare which requested by Taehyung. The male was really excited to play the dangerous yet exciting game.

“Come on Jin hyung, spin the bottle!”

Jin spins the empty coke bottle and the point of the bottle pointing at Minhee, earning groan from the girl and laugh of excitement from others.

“Truth, please.” She said while batting her eyelashes – trying to act cute in front of Yoongi – wanting his mercy on her.

Yoongi places the pad of his fingers on his chin before he tap it slowly as he thinking. “Will you marry someone here?”

Minhee gulped her saliva. She can feel a lump in . Of course she will want to marry Mark. The guy is the love of her life! “No.” Minhee indeed lying. She swear she saw how Jimin’s face fell.

“Hey, we are not that unworthy!” Hoseok pouts. “I mean – I’m fine as ,” He fakes a sob – earning disgust look from Yoongi.

“Moving on, guys.” Minhee quickly exclaimed as she spin the bottle and to her luck, it landed on Mark. Mark raised his brows as he waiting for the question from the gorgeous girl.

“Truth or dare?”

“Truth.” Mark occasionally wiped his lower lip with his tongue, nervous all of sudden.

“Your… first love?” Minhee hides her strain of her hair behind her ear, pupils shaking, waiting for his answer. She wants to know if Mark found new love after his memory vanished. She needs to know that.

“I actually involved in an accident year ago. As the result, I lost my memory. I can’t recall any of it, so, yeah. And I started my new life with zero past, and I’ve never fall in love.” Mark claimed with a smile. He still remembers how difficult to gain his memory back. In the end, Mark decided to just start a fresh, brand new life. He never regret it though.

Jimin bites his lower lip. He hates to see Minhee’s expression soften as Mark’s sentences come to the end. He hates the fact that Minhee quite relieved Mark hasn’t found any other girl.

He hates to know that his chances owning Minhee are as thin as paper.

___________________________________________________

After spending two hours with the others at her shared house, Minhee laid down on her bed. Mark and Youngjae already went home. She put her hand on her chest, feeling her heart beating like crazy.

Mark lost his memory.

Chances for them to be together is not too hard to grasp. Minhee wants them to back together. She wants to snuggle inside Mark’s warm embrace again. She misses his touch. She misses the way his voice sounded so raspy when he wake up.

Minhee get up slowly, don’t want to wake her sleeping daughter up. She headed to the kitchen and saw Jimin, chugging on beer.

“Hey.” He greeted, lips curving upwards. “Want some?” Jimin pointed to the beer placed on the table.

Minhee shakes her head. “You know I don’t drink.” She replied as she open the refrigerator and take the milk carton and pour some in a glass. “Why you aren’t sleeping?” She asked.

Jimin let out dark chuckles. “So, you and Mark…” He avoided Minhee’s question. “He lost his memory.”

“I won’t lie, I am happy.” Minhee said. “He will not remember that I was such a , a . I am happy I can present myself as a proper human now.”

The guy’s face expression darken. “You was none of that. You know that. You should know that. You was forced.” Jimin said sternly. There’s no way he will let Minhee thinks she is somewhere near that.

Minhee just gave him a little smile. “Thanks, Jimin. You are a really good friend. Your future girlfriend must be lucky,” She breathed out. “Good night, Jimin.” She said before leaving the guy.

Jimin raised the beer up to his lip and pour down the content into his mouth. He grimaced when the strong liquid hugged his taste bud.

Why Minhee won’t be his lucky girlfriend?

___________________________________________________________________

Author's Note :

I'm sorry I .