Who's Chohee's Secret Admirer?

Fifty Shades Of Lay: A Zhang Yixing One-shot Collection.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 WHO'S CHOHEE'S SECRET ADMIRER? 

Kang Chohee has a secret admirer (as if it's a huge secret, you guys already know who it is :P)  who's been sending her cute little love notes.

 

Genres: Fluff

Word Count: 4457

 

 

 

Haneul sat down dejectedly at one of the tables at the café, which was within their university campus. She glanced at her roommate who had been busy copying down her assignments off a book.

 

“Aecha!”

 

She called out to her roommate. She was honestly worried about her best-friend, Chohee. She hoped Aecha and her could figure something out and cheer the girl up.

Aecha looked up, slightly surprised to find the petite girl in the chair opposite to hers. She hadn’t noticed her presence.

 

“Oh hey… I didn’t see you coming in.” She grinned sheepishly setting her books aside.

 

“So what’s up?” Aecha inquired. The look Haneul had on her face said something was wrong.

 

Haneul sighed loudly.

 

“I’m worried about her. Ever since she came back from vacation, she hasn’t been the same.”

 

Aecha nodded, she knew the other girl had been talking about Chohee. Everybody had noticed. Chohee was their other roommate. She was usually quite lively and fun to be around. But something was off. She had come back from her vacation with a gloomy mood; she barely spoke to anyone and would busy herself with her dance practices.

 

They barely got to see her these days. She couldn’t be bothered to sit down and have lunch with them. Aecha sometimes wondered if the girl even ate. She knew she had been awfully busy with her upcoming ballet recital but it wasn’t like she couldn’t spare some time for her friends.

 

She knew it was because of her boyfriend. She had apparently broken up with her boyfriend of three years because he believed the long-distance thing wasn’t working out anymore. Both Haneul and Aecha knew how Chohee had been completely in love with him.

 

They had expected her to cry, throw a fit and eventually move on. But she did the complete opposite. She had cut off all contacts with everyone around her and become aloof. Whenever they asked her about it she would give them the lame excuse of being busy with practices.

 

“Should we do something about it?” Aecha remarked.

 

“Yeah, that’s exactly what I wanted to talk to you about,” Haneul agreed with the girl. Something definitely had to be done; their friend wasn’t the same anymore.

 

“Talk about what babe?” A tall, deep-voiced male s his arms around Haneul and kissed her cheeks gently before flashing a small smile at the other girl.

 

“Hey Chanyeol,” Aecha greeted Haneul’s boyfriend. Although he could be quite the dork sometimes, Aecha still liked him. They got along like two peas in a pod.

 

“Hey back at ya.” The guy grinned goofily. Chanyeol who was their senior worked at the café as a part-time waiter. He would say how the extra bucks would always come in handy especially if he had to buy those expensive gifts his girlfriend liked. He was also part of their university band, him being the lead guitarist.

 

“Why do you guys seem so low-spirited today?” He asked in his loud booming voice.

 

“We were worried about Chohee,” Haneul blurted.

 

“Oh right…where is she? I haven’t seen her in a while. I gotta say I miss my partner in crime.”

Chohee and Chanyeol would always come up with stupid ideas of playing pranks on his poor unsuspecting girlfriend, Haneul.

 

“Well, I’d have said it’s a good thing coz your pranks are plain stupid but now I’m not so sure. I just want Chohee to be the same person she was before.

I can’t even recognize her anymore.”

 

Aecha’s eyes gleamed in delight all of a sudden as if she was struck by a brainwave.

 

“Oh I know…why don’t we set her up with one of Chanyeol’s friends?” She squealed excitedly.

 

“Yeah I could do that.” Chanyeol nodded confidently. Haneul frowned; she knew Chohee would never agree. And even if they were to set her up with someone it wasn’t like she was to be found anywhere.

 

                                                                                                   ****

 

 

Chohee sat down, breathing erratically. Her ankle had been throbbing with pain; she knew it was because she had exerted herself beyond her capabilities.

 

“Chohee,”  Miss. Kim, her ballet instructor called out sternly. Chohee stood up slowly trying to mask the pain in her ankle; she couldn’t let Miss. Kim find out about it.

 

“Take a week off; I don’t want to see you here at practice.”

 

“But Miss. Kim…” Chohee protested although she knew it was of no use, she could never convince her stern ballet instructor.

 

“I don’t want you to injure yourself before the recital. You’ve practiced enough and I know you’d perform well.

So, stop exerting yourself.”

 

Miss. Kim’s eyes softened slightly when she found Chohee looking down dejectedly. Chohee had been her favorite among the rest; the girl had a certain aura when she danced. She was effortlessly graceful and elegant. She had noticed some changes in the girl and she wished she’d sort it out.

 

“Use your break well…I hope you’d clear your mind,” the older lady uttered.

 

Chohee stormed off from the auditorium, angered by Miss. Kim’s words. Having no practices meant she’d have to find something else to make herself busy with. She knew she had to do something else, if she didn’t she was afraid she’d break down and cry. She hadn’t thought much about her break up, she wasn’t ready to come to terms with reality.

 

She bumped into a petite girl on the way. Before she could look up to see who she was she heard a heinous laugh. She could recognize that malicious voice anywhere; it was Minah, the girl who hated Chohee for no reason.

 

Just when I thought my day couldn’t get any worse.

 

“Hey there Chocho…you seem distressed.” Minah clicked her tongue obnoxiously.

 

“Anyway...since I’ve decided to be nice today, I’d give you little heads up.” Minah spoke while examining her long, fake nails.

 

“There’s no use going to the library. I’ve cleaned up all the Umberto Eco racks.” Minah laughed again when Chohee finally realized that she had a literature assignment due.

 

Damn it, I completely forgot about that.

 

“And I don’t intend to return them before the due date. So, good luck.”

 

Chohee groaned slightly. She and Minah were the only ones who had picked the same topic for their paper.

She decided to go to the library anyway, hoping she could find at least one book.

She was looking through the book shelves intently when she someone spoke to her.

 

“Need any help?”

 

Chohee turned to her side to find a handsome male, medium height, black hair cropped short. His lips were stretched in a pleasant smile. Normally Chohee would have admitted that he was good-looking but she had quite flustered to notice.

 

“Y-yeah…” She shuffled her hands in her pockets to retrieve a piece of paper with the book’s name scribbled on it.

 

“I was hoping I could find this book.”

 

The guy furrowed his eyebrows slightly.

 

“Oh this, it’s a four day book. I’ll just check at the reception. Give me a moment.” He flashed a tiny smile before rushing towards the reception.

He came back immediately.

 

“I’m sorry someone’s already taken the book. Do you want me to reserve the book for you when they return it?”

 

“It’s okay…I’ll just come back.” Chohee rushed out of the library ignoring the guy who had been staring at her with a gleam in his eyes.

The guy continued to gaze at the girl until she left. He shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself.

 

                                                                                                                        

                                                                 ****

 

 

Aecha and Haneul were slightly surprised to find Chohee sitting on her bed staring into space.

 

“Chohee!” Haneul exclaimed happily.

 

“I finally get to see you.”

 

Chohee grumbled slightly, a frown etched on her face.

 

“Miss. Kim had laid me off of practice. I have nothing to do. I thought of doing my lit. assignment but Minah has borrowed all the damn books from the library.” 

 

She seemed to get more annoyed as she spoke.

 

“My life . Ughh” Chohee buried her face into her pillow and continued to whine. Aecha, on the other hand, bent down and picked up two purple post-it notes thrown on the floor.

 

“Uhmm Chohee, what’s this?” She waved the notes around.

 

“Somebody left it downstairs at the mailbox along with a glove I lost,” Chohee mumbled, completely disinterested in the conversation.

 

Aecha squealed slightly when she finally read the notes. Haneul, who noticed this, ran towards the girl.

 

“Dear Kang Chohee,

Winter’s near with snow and ice.

You need this to keep you warm and nice.”

 

Haneul looked at Aecha quizzically before reading the other note.

 

“Dear Chohee.”

 

“Ooh, it’s Chohee now,” Aecha exclaimed giddily.

 

“In two weeks when elegantly you’d be dancing…

Along with your admirers, I’d be there watching.

 

P.S: I know that was a failed attempt at rhyming.

But there’s no harm in trying. ;)”

 

“You have a secret admirer.” Aecha and Haneul screamed. Chohee turned her head towards the wall, covering her head with her duvet hoping to block out their annoying, high-pitched squeals. She definitely wasn’t interested in any secret admirer.

 

                                                                                             ****

 

 

“So this makes things easier, right? We just need to find her secret admirer.” Haneul and Aecha were visiting the café again; Chanyeol had been busy taking orders.

 

“But how do we find him? There are so many people in our university,” Aecha groaned.

 

“Hey ladies. What can I get ya?” Chanyeol greeted them with a cheeky grin.

 

“The usual,” both of them replied at the same time.

 

“Sure, two double cheese burgers with large fries and coke coming right up.” He saluted goofily making the girls laugh.

 

Chanyeol had brought the food within minutes. He then planted himself on one of the stools and started munching on the fries while Haneul filled him up on the latest details about Chohee’s secret admirer.

 

“Well, this guy must have seen her quite often right? So maybe we should try places where Chohee goes often,” he suggested.

 

 

“That’s not a bad idea,” Haneul agreed. Now, they just had to look out for a guy who seemed like he was in love. They hoped this secret admirer was serious and really like Chohee. They would meet him first and see if he was indeed dedicated and wasn’t someone who was just fooling around for fun. Once they approved of him, they could set him up with Chohee. Now the only problem was they didn’t know where to begin.

Chohee did come to café quite often so they could start here.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened slightly when a guy his age walked in through the café door.

 

“Guys, nine o’clock,” he whispered discreetly, although with his loud voice that was kind of impossible.

 

“He comes here quite often and looks around. Perhaps it’s him,” Chanyeol rambled on.

 

Haneul smiled slightly, she had an idea. Brushing the ketchup bottle aside so that it fell under the table, she walked towards the guy’s table.

 

“Excuse me, could I borrow your ketchup? We don’t have one.” She pouted slightly while her eyes were busy scrutinizing the guy.

 

“Sure.” The guy smiled slightly, handing over the bottle of ketchup.

 

He wasn’t that bad-looking and he seemed like a decent guy, she thought. She wouldn’t mind if he was Chohee’s secret admirer. But how’d she confirm it?

 

She walked towards the guy again, clearing .

 

“Uhmm…could I borrow the hot sauce as well?”

 

“Sure," he said again, passing the hot sauce. Haneul grabbed the bottle; she had to think of a way to ask him.

 

“Uhmm…so I was doing a social survey. Do you mind answering a few questions?” she asked. She definitely deserved a pat on the back for that brilliant idea, she thought.

 

“So, what’s your name?”

 

“Kim Jongdae,” he replied while Haneul pretended to jot his answers down on her notepad.

 

“So, Jongdae…what’s your major?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter