What Demons Fear

What Demons Fear

"It's time for you both to learn your next lesson," a man speaks, sitting on a large throne.

"Yes, father," a pair replies, bowing at him.

"What will be learning? Famine, death, the joys of a nuclear fallout?" One speaks, smiling happily.

The answer comes quick and curt. "Fear."

"Fear?" The other asks, flipping his fringe slightly.

"Hongbin and I know that," the first speaks, groaning out loud.

"Silence Sanghyuk! You will do what I deem fit!" Their father bellows, voice echoing off the black stone walls.

"Yes, father," Sanghyuk speaks, dipping his head down. His father scoffs, rubbing his silver rings. He glares, pulling back his hair back.

"Jaehwan! Summon Hakyeon," he calls out. A man at the door salutes, before leaving the throne room.

"Father? Isn't he the librarian?" Hongbin asks, adjusting the bracelet on his wrist.

"Hakyeon is valuable to me. His mother was gracious enough to let me have him," his father answers, as the door opens.

"King Taekwoon, current Hades," Hakyeon speaks, entering the room. A small trail of spiders race after him. He walks up to the throne, kneeling down. Taekwoon smiles, tapping under his chin.

"Up. I wish for you to teach these two sons fear," he demands. Hakyeon faces them, smiling sweetly.

"What does he know about fear?" Sanghyuk asks, fixing his soft, blond hair. Hakyeon smirks, taking a step down.

"Plenty," he starts, taking another step. "My mother was Lolth, the spider queen. I was of her first hatchlings." His legs split, becoming longer and finer. Another split, and eight legs make Hakyeon move. His behind grows enough to make room for the legs. His pants lay in strips, as he continues descending. "My venom was blessed with fear hormones, something I am able to manipulate to my advantage."

Hakyeon moves to Hongbin, cupping his neck. "Sent through touch or injection, and then I learn about the fears rooted inside you." Hongbin gulps, turning to face him. "I can drive you to insanity."

Hongbin finds himself in a pitch black room. He pulls on his bracelet, making a staff appear in his hands. "You fear the darkness you create, believing it can slip from your control." Water surrounds Hongbin, forcing him into a sphere of it. "You fear water and drowning. A darkness you can't control."

Hongbin thrashes around, attempting to escape. Hair sticks to his forehead, as he screams into the liquid. It's muffled, as a pressure is lifted. Hongbin sinks to his knees, panting heavily sweat makes his hair stick to his head. His staff clinks on the ground, as he looks up at Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiles, walking over to Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk panics. He pulls on his necklace, forcing his own flame forward.

His fingertips burn, before Hakyeon grabs them. Sanghyuk is moved to a classroom. Mountains of books surround him. He pants, moving his hands out to pull out his flame. A small spark is produced, fizzling out after.

"You want to do great things, learn everything. But you fear it won't matter. That everything you learn and do will mean nothing. That you work as hard as others, and not being recognized."

Sanghyuk finds himself writing. His hands write until flesh turns to muscle, and muscle to bone. He screams, as everything around him burns.

Sanghyuk snaps back to find Hakyeon looking at him. Hakyeon steps away, walking back up the stairs. "Fear is powerful." He looks back at them.

"There once this human boy named Wonshik. He was afraid of my children. He would make so many people kill them." Hakyeon kneels down, taking a spider into his hand. He pets it, smiling happily. "I sent many of my children after him. He went insane. It was fun to watch."

Hongbin gulps, forcing his staff back around his wrist. He stands, backing away. Sanghyuk joins him, shaking slightly.

"That's enough for today. They can begin their lessons tomorrow," Taekwoon decides, rising to his feet.

"Go sleep. Mind my children. You wouldn't want to end up like dear Wonshik, now would you," Hakyeon speaks, smiling at them. Sanghyuk and Hongbin run off, fleeing from the room. Hakyeon laughs, petting the spider in his hand. He leans over to set it down. It runs off, before he turns to Taekwoon.

"Jaehwan. Leave us," Taekwoon commands, looking over Hakyeon. The door slams shut, as Hakyeon walks over to him.

"Shall I reveal your fears?" He asks, cupping Taekwoon's cheek.

"You don't need to," Taekwoon whispers, grabbing Hakyeon's waist.

"So cold. Both from your powers of ice and your fear of relationships. And yet you can't pull yourself away," Hakyeon whispers, pulling Taekwoon close to kiss him. They push and pull, as Hakyeon makes his eight legs back into two.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Welp, it's short, but I like it. I hope N's change makes sense (and the implying that he has no pants or anything one when he changes back). Until the next upload~ (-<) <3 ^_^