Chapter 1

Bridging the Gap

((Hey everyone! First chapter is here!!! It's kinda shorter that I would like but my partner was out of town for a while and I've been sick for the last week. so..... yeah. I hope you guys like what we have so far. Give us lots of feedback! Comments inspire us to work harder and they make me happy XD. anywho have fun reading!))

 

 

The alarm went off as Jaejoong entered the house and he punched in the code irritable. He wanted to tear that thing off the wall. He kicked his shoes off and headed to the kitchen, reaching in the fridge and grabbing a beer.
He went back to the living room and saw envelopes on the table. "Really? You left the mail on the table again? Douche." He opened each one, stopping when he came across a letter from the other's so called manager.
He opened the letter and read the contents, sneering and ripping it up, tossing the pieces on the floor. "Prissy . Why do you have to copy me all the ing time?" He finished the beer and headed for another.
It took no time before the entire living room was littered with beer bottles and papers from his work. Music sheets and the like.
He called a service and had nearly fallen asleep when the door opened next.


Weren't your twenties supposed to be times of boundless energy? Whoever came up with that was one lucky bastard. The night's crowd had been particularly demanding. Several "highly encouraged" encores later and he was finally allowed to crawl into a cab home. Arriving only a few hours past his latest preferred bedtime. Yawning as he walked into the shared house. In the distance a clock chimed to remind him it was 4 am. A frustrated groan left his lips as he set the guitar case by the door. Making a mental note to bring it to the bedroom in the morning. Just a few more steps and he was in what should have been a comfortably lived in family room. But instead of the carefully staged show room Mel had spent hours preparing, he walked into a garbage pit. Shredded bits of paper and a floor filled with beer bottles. 
"What the Jae!" He yelled at the slumped form on the couch. Obviously drunk off his .
Jaejoong's eyes scrunched together as he heard someone yell and he sat up, spilling the half drank bottle he'd had in his hand. "The hell you yelling for? Where's the hooker?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes as he grabbed the overturned bottle and placed it on the table. "You don't like my mess you don't have to look at it. Now how about you shut up and go to bed instead of ing at me first thing in the door."


The giant's eye twitched at yet another spill on what had to be a very sticky floor. His "brother" was disgusting. "You're a ing pig." The words were an angry muttering as he stalked further into the room. Grabbing a random dish towel that was draped over a chair for some reason and moving to clean up the fresh spill. "If you're going to a hooker your doing it in your own room. I don't feel like replacing the couch...again."
Jaejoong watched him and he was drunk, but not deaf. He took the opportunity while the other was bent over and kicked him in the , sending him toppling over. "I'll who I want where I want. Besides, we both know /if/ the couch needs replacing I could do it. Thing is, I don't really give a . All I gotta do is call my manager. Which by the way, is what people do now, rather than mailing each other." He heard the doorbell and a smile crept onto his face as he staggered over to answer it. It was a young woman at the door and he handed her a few extra bills. "Sorry, they should know by now I don't do chicks. Tip for the travel." He barely had the door closed before he had the strong urge to vomit and he bent over the potted plant next to the door, emptying his stomach on the dirt.


The supposed elder brother was nothing more than an irritating thorn in his side. He was focused on cleaning up the filth jae insisted on living in. Scooping up seemingly unending bottles as he continued muttering to himself. Shouting a string of curses as the kick sent him barreling over. Glass shattered as he rolled across the covered floor. Bits and pieces cutting exposed skin and a few even wedging into his body. He was in a seething rage. Murder on his mind and becoming a more tantalizing option as every slobbered word escaped those chapped lips. Pushing himself up, there's a snarl directed at his brother. Ready to move in for the kill until the familiar chime of the doorbell filled the room. The rage temporarily quelled only because he didn't want witnesses. "Saved by the bell." He muttered angrily.
 
He tried to use the pause to collect himself. Using every mental exercise he could think of to get some measure of calm. Failing miserably as the guy puked in the fruit plant Mel had bought for his birthday. At that moment the remainder of the words clicked into place. Jae had done something else. "YOU STUPID SON OF A !" He charged full force. Halting at a sudden soft voice.

"What's going on?" There was such confusion in her tone. The girl appearing in the doorway. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes. The giant turned slowly. Noting his girlfriend's appearance. The fact she had donned nothing but his shirt to sleep. Now he had worlds of trust in Mel. But there was zero faith in the one he was forced to call brother. Sure the guy had consistently turned down women. But he had a record of doing things just to be a . Mel wouldn't cheat. But Jae might try to take advantage of her just because he derived some sort of sick pleasure from tormenting him. 

Seeing red he finished closing the distance between himself and the drunk. Grabbing the guy by the collar and throwing him to the ground.
Jaejoong had only just righted himself as the other screamed and he frowned, also hearing the new voice. His eyes fell on the young woman dressed in Saint's clothes. "Ah yeah your girlfriend. Y'know I forget she's here half the time." He grumbled, checking his watch. " I have to be sober in four hours." He began to move towards the kitchen but Saint got to him first and the next thing he knew he was on the ground. "Yah!" He groaned, disoriented enough that he wasn't able to get back up right away.

"You need to learn some respect punk." He grumbled, though it wasn't as clear as he would have liked. He rolled over, feeling like he was gonna barf again but he didn't. "M'just gonna sleep here."
The giant was still raging. Completely prepared to exchange blows as soon as the other male stood up. But he never did. With a complete lack of dignity he announced himself sleeping on the floor. At least it was better than the time he came home and pissed on the couch.

"Do what you want ." He huffed, turning and stomping away. A small hand gently grabbing his arm to halt his steps. Big doe eyes stared up at him. Speaking in that soft tone only she seemed to have. 

"We can't leave him like that." Now Mel had a certain distaste for the bastard. Almost every bit as disgusted as her boyfriend. But she also had this cherished revery of familial bonds. With an agitated sigh the giant moved back and scooped up the jumbled mass of limbs. Carrying him to the lavish bedroom and dumping him into the bed. "ing pathetic." The words were muttered as he walked away.
Sunlight streamed in and beamed down on the brunette's face only a few hours later and he groaned as his phone continued to ring beside him. He looked at the number and realized it was his manager calling. He was an hour late already so what was the point. He answered the phone. "Yaah. I can't make it today. Tell them I'll shoot the commercial tomorrow. Stomach bug." As if on queue, his stomach lurched and he quickly bolted to the bathroom, clutching his phone tightly as he puked.
His manager made a disgruntled noise before reluctantly agreeing to lie for the other. It wasn't the first time Jaejoong would miss an opportunity. The latter didn't seem to care much about his career despite people clambering to get his attention.


He flushed the toilet and shuffled to the living room, a cigarette between his lips as he surveyed the mess. The carpet would have to be cleaned and vacuumed to get the glass up but it seemed the majority had already been picked up. He scowled. "ing ." He muttered, turning and walking towards the kitchen. "Quit ing your ex's sister you sick bastard." He called out as he walked past the other's room, not caring whether he was or wasn't guilty of what he'd said.
So much of the night wasted cleaning up yet another one of Jae's messes. Trading the comfort of a warm bed for the rank stench of spilled beer and vomit. They managed to get most of it taken care of, but a service would have to be called for the rest. 
"Hell of a way to start a free day huh?" He chuckled weakly, wrapping his arm tighter to pull her closer. Her back flush against his chest. Carefully guiding her bandaged hand to his lips. Placing a gentle kiss to her covered palm. A casualty of taking care of precious Prince Jae. 
"Bad start but it got much better." She turned to steal a kiss. Soft and sweet as most were. The giant happily nuzzling her. 


"You always make everything better." He offered another kiss. Moving to continue what they had started the previous night. Soft gasps and whispered words. Things were just properly heating up, the brunette turning to moan into the pillow. He was enjoying the way he had her squirming. The heat surrounding his length. And all at once the world came crashing down. That harpy's voice piercing the sanctuary of their bedroom. His movements stopped. Much to the other's dismay. 
"Ignore him. Just ignore him." Mel pleaded softly. He covered her ears gently. 
"SHUT THE UP!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.
........
Jaejoong sat down at the table and lit one of his cigarettes, the smell of weed wafting through the house after only a few moments. He stood and turned the radio on, drowning out any noise from the others in the home. He took a few more draws from it before putting it out and moved down the hall to another room where the exercise equipment was stored, peeling his shirt off in order to work out. His stomach cramped and protested at his activity but he didn't care, choosing to ignore it in favor of doing his workout.


Mel always had a way to calm him down. Her job that much easier when he was already inside her. Opting not to completely ruin the morning, the giant actually enjoyed his time with her. At least another hour until he finally emerged from the room. Instantly hit in the face by the distinct, and somewhat rancid, scent of one of the guy's favored pastimes. With a look of absolute disdain he cleaned the remnants off the table. He reached out to turn off the questionable noise Jae called music. His hand stilling at the knob. Changing his mind to just lower it a bit. Following the other male into the home gym. Moving to the bench press. Loading it up with enough weight the other's arms would buckle at the first lift. Though it was well within his own range. He started doing his own regiment.
Jaejoong looked at the other as soon as he entered the room and he sat up, chest heaving. He frowned at the other but chose not to say anything about what was going on. It made Jaejoong feel sick to his stomach that the two ed only a few feet from his bedroom. With Saint seeing his ex's sister it just creeped him out. He stood without another word and disappeared from the room, grabbing his keys and heading out. He had a photoshoot later that he'd scheduled himself and he was excited to get to it. The door slammed closed behind him leaving the house eerily calm.
As if on cue, Mel's phone buzzed and an onslaught of texts came in. It would seem that the sender just got off the subway.


Text: Mel!
Text: Help!
Text: I hooked up with this guy after work last night
Text: And we used a ...
Text: And when I woke up just now (lots of alcohol don't judge me) well...
Text: We can't find it... exactly...
Text: I'm on my way you have to help me you OWE me for covering your shift that one time!