Summer Adventure

A Summer Adventure

restoring the lost chapters is taking quite long...

let's just continue where we left off then...^^

 

 

 

The next day...


 

You guys just missed our game,” Kangin greeted with a smirk when he saw Heechul's group enter the gym. “And you weren't here yesterday as well. Getting scared?””


 

Puhleez! We weren't interested in seeing you play.”


 

You missed out a lot. We practically murdered the enemy!” Shindong said and gave an evil laugh, which his partner seconded.


 

Heechul seethed. “Wait til my cousin murders you in the finals!”


 

Phuleez!” the burly basketball player imitated Heechul. “Don't insult us. But then again, we're not here to make enemies of you. This is a friendly game, right? Don't worry. I won't hurt you cousin. It would be a shame to give that pretty face a scratch.” And he gave Ryeowook a charming smile.


 

A sudden chill was immediately felt by everyone. Everything was silent. The atmosphere inside the gym was quite frightening. Some were confused, a lot were scared.


 

Everyone turned and tried to find out what caused the sudden change in the mood. They all flinched when they saw Kyuhyun practically emitting a dark aura. His fiery eyes were burning holes in Kangin's face.


 

Hey! I was just kidding! We're in the same sports club Kyuhyun ah. We're friends! I'm your hyung. Come on...” a paling Kangin stammered.


 

Yeah. This is just a friendly match. No worries... We were just messing with you guys,” Shindong added.


 

A few minutes passed as the guys tried to calm Kyuhyun, but he was still unmoved. Ryeowook tried to appease the angry maknae but with no success. He was confused. Kyuhyun has been acting strange all morning. He has not said a word to Ryeowook, yet here he was killing Kangin with his glare because the other basketball player smiled at him.


 

Kyuhyun's current state only ended when Heechul grabbed his ear and pulled hard.


 

Ow! Yah!” the maknae shouted, rubbing his now red ear. “ What was that for?”


 

You are going to delay the game if you don't stop. And everyone here knows you got the hots for Wookie. They wouldn't mess with you. Those two louts just wanted to see how you'd react. It was their bad, though. I don't think they'd be able to sleep well later. You even gave me goosebumps, brat!”


 

Whatever,” Kyuhyun said and headed for the dugout, leaving the still confused Ryeowook, who quickly followed him.


 


 


 


 

Hey... Are you ok?” Ryeowook asked the younger guy as soon as they were alone.


 

Kyuhyun snorted. “You've been avoiding me, and now you ask me if I'm ok?”


 

Kyu... I'm sorry...” Ryeowook sighed.


 

You should have just told me sooner that you weren't interested. It would have saved us a lot of trouble.”


 

Ryeowook was now really confused. What is he saying? He gave the maknae a questioning look and was about to ask him when the other interrupted.


 

We'd better get out there. The game's about to start. I still want to win this. So do your best, or better yet, just let me do my thing.”


 

Again, Kyuhyun left Ryeowook dumbfounded and went out towards the court.


 


 


 


 

The sound of the the referee's whistle signaled the start of the game. It was Kyuhyun and Ryeowook against Hankyung and Victoria.


 

Why the hell is there a girl playing in this tournament?” Heechul asked.


 

Kangin did say there were no rules. And she looks pretty fit. And pretty, too. I'm sure she can handle the game well,” Siwon answered. He immediately regretted saying those words when he turned to see his boyfriend's blazing eyes.


 

Oh-oh... Trouble's brewing. We'd better get away from here,” Yesung said, thinking he got in another funny comment.


 

No one's leaving! We're here to support Wookie and the brat. Other matters will be taken cared of later,” the oldest said in a voice that could make hell freeze over, eyes never leaving the suddenly pale and silent Siwon.


 

No one said a word after that. They wouldn't want to get on Heechul's bad side, after all. And so, they focused their attention on the game at hand.


 

Everyone knew Hankyung is a great athlete. They go to the same high school. And from what they gathered, Victoria is his cousin. And there is no doubting that, since she plays great as well.


 

However, what surprised the gang was how Kyuhyun was playing. It was like a one-man team. The maknae practically hogged the ball to himself. And he was playing like it was his last game. Their opponents were puzzled. But Kyuhyun took it to his advantage. He managed to lead the score by as much as eight points and got two steals.


 

Even though their team was close to winning, Ryeowook was frustrated. He tried to get his partner's attention and tried helping out, but the other guy was ignoring him. Even Victoria was feeling sorry for the small guy. Kyuhyun was clearly being his evil self, and the older was feeling like a fool with each passing minute.


 

Ryeowook felt like giving up. Imagine his surprise when he suddenly felt the ball in his hands. He immediately looked for Kyuhyun but he was on the other side of the court, rolling his eyes at him. The maknae turned around and walked towards the basket, not intending to help his partner at all. The latter was lost. He just wanted to pass the ball to Kyuhyun, but the brat turned his back on him.


 

The smaller guy seethed. So much for having a partner!


 

The whole gym was suddenly silent. But after a couple of seconds, laughter burst from the audience.


 

Kyuhyun was on his face on the floor, clutching the back of his head, where the ball bounced off. The amount of force used on it causing it to disappear to no one knows where.


 

Strike two! That's what you get for making me look like a fool. Ryeowook was feeling smug after scoring that bull's eye hit on Kyuhyun's head. But then, he tried to hide behind Victoria and Hankyung when Kyuhyun marched towards him.


 

However, he was stopped by the sound of the whistle. They all turned towards the referee who informed them that the game just ended and he announced Kyuhyun and Ryeowook as the winners.


 

Everyone cheered. The gang jumped up and gave each other high fives. Siwon was about to hug Heechul but stopped when he felt a chill surrounding his boyfriend. I'm so doomed, he thought.


 

Siwon wasn't the only one thinking that, though. I am going to die, and that devil is taking me to hell, Ryeowook thought as he watched Kyuhyun coming his way.