Two

If Only You Could Always Be With Me

I woke up the next day with a massive headache. Memories of supernatural creatures start invading my mind. I always had thought that monsters were a figment of one’s imagination but I never knew that they were real. I then remembered the sight of Jong In but that wasn’t the point. The point was that I nearly died yesterday and he was there too. I needed an explanation.

I soon realised that I was wearing nothing but a long blue shirt that smelled like coffee and lavender. I then noticed that I was alone on a large bed. Light rustling came from the closet and I had no idea where I was. I quickly got up and ran towards the bedroom door, alarmed. I latched my hand onto the door knob. To my luck, I needed the right code to open the door. Just when Iwalked toward the bed, I heard the door being opened.

“I’m glad your awake, Jae Hee.”I heard a deep,low husky voice coming from somewhere behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Jong In standing in a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

“Hmm yeah. Can I know why am I dressed like this in a teenage boy’s room?” I asked.

“Well, you fainted and I couldn’t just leave you so I brought you over.” he answered.

Before I could question him again, loud bangs were heard. He held my hand as he walked towards the sound. To my horror, it was the exact same people from yesterday. He growled at the sight of them and I felt the muscles in his arms and chest getting tensed up.

“We want that damn mundane of yours since we call all see how precious she is to you.”the man said while smirking.

I’m sorry was what Jong In whispered before transforming into something I assume is a wolf.

What the hell I thought as I stood there wide mouthed .

After that he explained to me what and who he and his brothers were. Surprisingly I took it in pretty well. Months have passed and I met his brothers and they were very funny and cool. They accepted me quite well except for his dad who did not like the idea of his son dating a mere human. Despite that, my relationship with Jong In was all gummy bears and sunshine until the day that we all feared the most came.

Jong In and I were walking to his car after his lacrosse practice when we heard heavy footsteps. I felt Jong In tense up at the sound and he started walking faster and dragged me so that I could keep up with his pace. Few moments later, we were rounded by the same man from months ago along with his pack. A loud growl erupted from Jong In. “Run!”he exclaimed before transforming into his wolf and latched himself onto the man. I started running but as I looked around, I realised Jong In was outnumbered. He was getting weaker.

I have to save him was all I thought about when I turned back and jumped in front of Jong In. The pain from the stab spread throughout my body and it was terrible. I could see faint images of the men running away as Jong In screamed and held me in his arms.

I’m sorry, babe. I’m so sorry. Why did you do it? Was what I continuously herd while I was being taken to the hospital.

When I woke up, I started looking for him frantically. My mum told me the he has not visited me at all. I was confused. He left school. He was not staying at the same place anymore.

end of flashback

Years  had passed since that day but I could still remember him.

His eyes.

Smile.

Touch.

Scent.

The feeling of having his lips pressed against mine.

The warmth of his hands.

All of it was still clear in my memories as if it just had happened yesterday. Every single day I waited and waited for him. Hoping and praying for the day I could see that smile once again but as time passes all of that seems so hopeless. As I was about to leave, I heard that sweet voice that I missed.

“Jung Jae Hee.”