Final

Sun

She loved weathers like this. A clear blue sky with the sun blatantly baking the grounds, and the sound of birds chirping and rustling of leaves, you may think, but no. It was the dark sky decorated with gloomy clouds and the sound of heavy rain drops hitting against the large glass window of her apartment that she loved. 
Peace, serenity and comfort was what she found along with the chilly air surrounding her as she sat in front of the glass wall of her apartment on the 20th level. She drew up her knees and hugged them against her chest, leaning forward allowing her forehead to rest on the contrasting cold glass as she looked down. Umbrellas, cars, wet puddles, bright signboards that stood out in the dull atmosphere; it was much more pleasant looking at this bustling city of Seoul now that she was sitting all alone in her living room only wearing a large oversized shirt, with only minimal light peering through the said glass window as she lazily finished the cigarette in her fingers, compared to when the weather was clear, when she was one of those people on the noisy streets. 

She doesn't hate it, but she doesn't enjoy it either. But she never liked noise, that's one certain thing. She never liked bright stuff, that's another. 

"There's my shirt," her favourite deep, just-woke-up voice sounded from behind her, followed by the soft noise of his footsteps making his way towards her. It was almost absurd how just three words said by that one person could make her smile, when a bright sky, chirping birds and cheerful streets couldn't. 

She pushed herself off the glass and crossed her legs instead, before taking another drag of her cigarette as she watched Jiwon sit down beside her, looking out of the window. She'd never get tired of looking at him, how his black fluffy hair fell over his eyes, how his eyes seemed to always be sparkling, how straight and sharp his nose was, how his plump lips seemed to be slightly pouting and how his sharp jaw moved as he spoke, still facing the window.

"Nice view?" She laughed at his mocking tone before replying, "Yeah, it's nice," Jiwon chuckled softly and shook his head, not quite understanding why she only likes dull things, and also, unaware that her reply was referring to the view of his attractive side profile, not what he referred to of the view outside the window. 

"Aren't you cold?" He turned to look at her, before placing his large hand on her thigh, rubbing lightly. She shook her head, "No I'm not, but aren't you?" He wasn't wearing a shirt. 
"No choice, someone took and wore my shirt," Even though she was looking out the window now, not at him, she could hear the smile in his voice as he said that, and that's one thing she loved about Jiwon. Unconsciously, it brought her a smile of her own and Jiwon reached to lift her long hair to place it behind her shoulders, so he could get a better view of his favourite smile, and also spotting the stick between her long fingers. 

"You aren't supposed to be smoking, babe," Jiwon had made her promise him to not smoke after she had lost to him in a stupid game he had came up with when she kept refusing to listen. Upon hearing his gentle reprimand, she reluctantly crushed the half finished cigarette in the ash tray beside her. 
"That's my girl," Jiwon ruffled her hair and she turned to roll her eyes at him, even though she couldn't help but also smile after seeing how his eyes disappeared into crescents and how his bright smile created light dimples at the sides of his cheeks; another thing she loved about her boyfriend.

"Is this all we're gonna do on your birthday? Sitting in front of the window all day in the cold while it rained outside?" She nodded, smiling at Jiwon. "Not all day though, it's almost 6pm, we already wasted half the day. We only have six more hours left to sit here," 

"How could you call birthday a waste?!" Jiwon exclaimed, widening his eyes exaggeratedly. Birthday , more like just because he felt this morning, she thought, though she definitely wouldn't complain. "Or.. we could spend the remaining six hours like how we started this morning?" He winked playfully and she laughed. 

"We would have more than six hours left if someone didn't fall right back to sleep again until now after my birthday though," She replied jokingly; of course she wouldn't blame him, he had been busy all week long with filming, concert guestings and preparing for their full album, only knocking on her door late past midnight yesterday just to spend her birthday with her today, giving her another reason to love him more. 

Jiwon looked at her quietly, not knowing whether she was being serious and really mad at him or not, it was always hard to read her. 

"Babe I'm just kidding, I don't blame you," She quickly told him when she saw him looking at her so seriously. 
"Oh," He smiled cutely, relieved. "I thought you were serious.." Another reason to love him; Jiwon always thinks about others first no matter what, not himself. 

"Thank you, Jiwon," 

"For? The birthday ..? No problem," She laughed at his cheeky reply before correcting him. "Thanks for coming here even when you were tired, thanks for making me happy," Jiwon slowly smiled while watching her saying these shyly, not looking at him and fiddling with his long fingers with her smaller hands, only looking up when she has finished speaking. 
Jiwon shook his head at her, "No, thank you for being here when I'm tired, thank you for making me happy by letting me make you happy," He reached to hold the side of her face, before leaning closer to kiss her. 

His lips felt warm against hers, his rough tongue felt soft against hers, and she unknowingly found herself getting up and crawling onto his lap, straddling him but never breaking the contact of their mouths in the process. The air wasn't that chilly anymore, Jiwon wasn't that cold anymore and it didn't matter if she was wearing his shirt anymore now that it was on the floor again. The sound of rain splattering on the glass window was almost drowned by the sound of their mouths devouring each other, mixed with their not so soft moans.

Even if she was hard to understand, Jiwon understood her. Even if she didn't like noise, she didn't mind how noisy Jiwon was. Even if bright skies, chirping birds and cheerful streets didn't make her happy, Jiwon did. Even when she didn't like the sun, Jiwon became her sun. 
"Happy birthday baby," He pulled away slightly and said.