Give Love

Give Love

This is definitely Jongdae's doing.

 

Minseok can't imagine it being anyone else's because of the sheer gaudiness that comes in the form of a hot pink step stool, one with little white hearts and Minseok's name painted on it in large, looping letters.

 

That glittered.

 

Now, Minseok considers himself to be a fairly tolerant person (after all he deals with Chanyeol, Baekhyun AND Jongdae on a daily basis - sometimes all at once - and if that doesn't make Minseok a saint then something is seriously wrong with that grading system), but he can feel his blood pressure rising and his ears have gone hot with a mixture of mortification and rage and if he decides to throttle Jongdae when the younger man arrives at the coffee shop... well, Minseok might have a friend who'll help him hide the body.

 

So he shoves the stool into the corner where no one (read: Chanyeol) can accidentally trip over it (though how they could avoid seeing it he wouldn't know) and flips the switches on the kitchen appliances, getting ready to greet the usual morning rush. He plans to avoid even thinking about the ridiculous stool until there's a lull in the day where he can take his time in getting revenge on Jongdae.

 

Except Chanyeol had been on clean up the day before and pushed some of the sugars to the back of the cabinet and Minseok just can't reach them.

 

He rocks back on his heels, takes a deep breath through his nose, and turns to the corner with a face like a gladiator about to face down a starving lion.

 

The stool glitters innocently from its corner.

 

"I hate you," Minseok informs the poor piece of furniture as he carries it over to the cabinet. "And I hate Jongdae even more."

 

"Awww, you shouldn't say that to people who give you gifts, hyung~" a familiar voice coos from behind him and Minseok resists the urge to chuck the stool at Jongdae's head. The younger man was liable to duck and make the stool crash against something else. Something valuable.

 

"You're going to get it later." Minseok swears, glowering at the younger man for a moment before going back to work.

 

"If it's you, I don't mind taking it." Jongdae grins back, eyes glittering mischievously.

 

Minseok splutters, ears going red again, and he throws a handful of sugar packets at Jongdae's face. "You-!"

 

"Hyung~" Jongdae sings, moving forward to hug Minseok the moment he's back on the floor. "I loooove you!"

 

"Don't be cheesy so early," Minseok grumbles, pinching Jongdae's ribs but pressing a kiss against his temple.

 

"Did he like the stool?" a new voice laughs and the bell above the entrance door jingles as Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrive, the taller booming a greeting as he followed after his best friend.

 

"It's hideous." Minseok says flatly. "We're taking it home with us tonight, Dae. Chanyeol might trip over it and break it if we don't."

 

"Hey!" the tall man yelps, offended, then proceeds to nearly fall on Baekhyun because he didn't notice the brunette stop walking.

 

"Don't worry," Jongdae grins, bright and playful. "There's another one just like it at home~"