END

Irrevocable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu sat and watched the party-goers as the danced happily around the floor, the bride's wedding dress caught up in her arms as she twirled with her husband. The way that Woohyun beamed at his new wife should have been adorable, the way that she gazed back at him with the slight flush to her cheeks, endearing. Instead, all Sunggyu could feel was jealousy.

Taking a sip from his drink, he tried to keep his smile on his face, avoiding thoughts of his own best friend who was probably sitting at his house playing video games. Hoya wasn't one to attend things such as this, especially when he and Woohyun had never really gotten along. Woohyun had told Sunggyu he could bring a date to his wedding, and of course he would have liked to ask Hoya, but there was one problem with that.

Hoya wasn't his. In fact, he wasn't anyone's, being a free spirit who didn't like ties holding him down. Sunggyu longed to tell him that he was irrevocably in love with him, but he knew that doing so would ruin their friendship and drive a wedge between them when Sunggyu was already as close as he could be without letting on. He couldn't lose Hoya, and on that thought, he downed his drink and ordered another.

He wasn't sure when one drink became so many, or when the couples on the dance floor began to blend into one another, making his head spin, but the bitterness of his thoughts had gone away and had been replaced with giddy ones. Fumbling his phone out, he pressed the number one speedial and waited for it to be picked up. A smile curved onto his lips as he heard the husky voice on the other end, and he couldn't stop himself.

"Hey gorgeous," he purred - or at least, tried to, sounding more like a drag Queen who'd been swallowing fire. Hoya's next words were hesitant, though in his state Sunggyu couldn't understand why. Didn't he know Sunggyu's feelings for him?

"Um, are you okay?" Hoya finally asked, carefully and as if testing out the waters before deciding if he ought to dive in.

Sunggyu laughed and nearly fell off of his barstool; the bartender gave him a dark look that he ignored as he straightened himself up and positioned the phone next to his ear again. "Absolutely! I'm just having fun here at the wedding, and I kept wishing you were here with me." He knew, right? Sunggyu's mind felt so hazy, but how could Hoya not know? It should be obvious how in love Sunggyu was, but something tickled the back of Sunggyu's mind, a warning that he shouldn't be saying these things.

"That's it, I'm coming to get you," Hoya's voice was decisive and firm, and Sunggyu felt his heart jump in his chest. He loved when Hoya sounded like that, so in charge and...

"Why? To see me? I'd love to see you, to run my hands on your body and let you tell me what to do..." The words came out automatically, and for a moment he felt like he shouldn't have said them, but that made no sense, right?

Silence stretched though he was too drunk to realize it was awkward, until finally Hoya cleared his throat. "I'll be there in ten." Before Sunggyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter