Volcano Pimples

Because of kimchi we fell in love
Please log in to read the full chapter

•Special dedication to Mama Kang: 

I love you mom! You inspire me every day and without you I don't know who i'd be!

Love you <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shim’Bum Cafe & Restaurant

4:35pm 

 

    It’s a typical hectic day for you, as it always is when your working at the restaurant. You have so many things to worry about, it’s hard to keep count of everything waiting  for you to attend. Who ever told you owning a business was easy, lied. Reality check. You barely have time for yourself, without having to worry customers orders, refilling the food storage to have enough ingredients for every daily dish. You have to be very time oriented and organized, or else you won’t be able to pay your chefs, sue chefs, baristas and waiters. Which mathematically speaking is a total of 14 employees under your wings; depending on your every call and move.  They depend on you to be responsible and hand them their paychecks on time, or else how else can they pay for they’re life expenses?    

    Your at the counter, writing down on your agenda. Under the To Do list section, when someone next to you slides a small, brown, Shim’Bum labeled to-go coffee cup. Causing your gaze to run up the thin, yet masculine hand settled next to the small mysterious cup that appeared out of nowhere. Your eyes skim up his hand, to his strong looking arms, over his broad defined shoulders to his long, silky looking neck before finally reaching up meet with a handsome face and pearly white smile. You shake your head slightly in wonder while a soft smile plays on your lips. *How did this boy end up being so handsome?* You ask yourself as you remember when just a few years back he was a nerd with, braces, glasses and a serious case of the volcano pimples. Now he is towering over you with a silky, soft baby face, clear contacts and straight, pearly canines. A total catch if anybody asked you. To bad he is two years younger than you and it’s not legal for you to date your fathers adoptive son. Well, he isn’t technically adopted,yet anyways it’s complicated. At the though, you secretly smirk to yourself. If it was actually legal for you to date him you would have locked him up in a room, to keep all of him to your selfish self. So nobody could ogle him during his work hours, making you slightly grouchy. 

 “Noona if you keep staring at me like that, I will actually think your having naughty thoughts about me.” Says the same boy that slide you the warm-looking cup filled with a unknown substance.

    Which is now in the process of cleaning the champagne glasses, while a playful smirk tugs on his pinkish lips. His chocolaty brown hair falling over his friendly, eyeliner looking orbs.  Just then you noticed you had been staring at him mind absently the whole time. Causing blush to creep up your already rosy looking cheeks. 

“Byun Baekhyun stop talking nonsense, will you?” 

    You grab the warm drink inside both your palms before taking a quick and small sip. Trying hard to hold down the burning rush running up your neck towards your cheeks and your already red ears. Thank God he can’t actually see your crimson years because your long, flowy caramel hair covers them. Dang, you just hate how your blush gives you away. As the yummy unknown taste burst inside your mouth filling your tastebuds ,a big warm smile spreads on your lips. Before Baekhyun cleans the Green Tea mustache over your pink glossed lips. “You shouldn’t  be stressing to much Noona, or you’ll just get old and wrinkly and i won’t love you anymore.” At the sight of that you choke on your deliciously warn Green Tea Latte before your eyes turn into slits towards the now smirking, mischievous Baekhyun. 

    “Yah, Byun Baekhyun!” you whine like a little girl, as you cover your flushed, angry face, causing him to chuckle whole-heartedly. Oh, how he likes to tease you, and yet somehow your bad, mean personality changes when your around him. Actually causing you to be happy and sweet. Which is not very common unless dealing with costumers. He knows your every weakness, including the small platonic crush you posses over him. Maybe thats why your so nice? Nah, you guys have know each other since you can remember. The bond between the two is stronger than cement. His father Secretary Byun has worked for your father since you where born. Well that was until his father past away two years ago. Your heart shattered into pieces the day you saw him crying outside alone on your houses entrance stairs. You vowed to be there for him, in all areas of his life. Now you both are standing in your new restaurant making fun of each other. Well he is making fun of you anyways. 

    With a crimson face you turn to playfully glare at him, about to say a piece of your mind when an angelic, high pitched voice cuts you off. “Baekhyun Oppa, can you come take our order?” asks one of the usual costumers, called Jeong Sekyung. Causing Baekhyun’s smile to vanished and be replaced by a tight frown as a laud sight escapes his now thin lips. You peer at the bright, red haired girl, standing in front of the other side of the counter in her cute floral dress, while she wears a cute smile on her lips that matches her bubbly personality.   “How many times do i have to tell you? I’m a Barista not a waiter! Ask Chen, he is closer.” The poor girl  gives out a helpless sights as all hope of having him attend to her this time deflate. With slouched shoulders and a hurt expression her friends pat her back soothingly as they guide her towards their usual table. You glare at Baekhyun aggravated by his behavior. Now you usual cold-self is back. 

    “ Nice going Baek, i’m sure your mother will be very proud to see how her older son treats girls like scum.”

You note sarcastically while glancing sympathetically at the poor girl who looks as if she is about to cry. Beakhyun glowers at you, before turning towards the coffee machine to roll out the rest of the orders. Chen walks towards the counter to grab a menu before he shrugs casually.

“Can’t blame him, Noona. Why should he care about a girl like her when he has a smoken girl by his side like Gain.”        

    You turn to gape at Chen, totally utterly speechless and disappointed. Chen is never the one to be mean o

Please log in to read the full chapter