Show Us All

Show Us All

“I can’t do it, I can’t!”

 

“Baekhyunnie~ you’re being ridiculous,” Yesung exclaimed as he tore the throw pillow away from the younger’s tear-ridden face, “We’ve been practicing for forever now.”

 

Baekhyun sat up upon the couch as Yesung inched closer to him. No words were shared, just an assortment of glances. This was the silent communication that they both shared; a talent envied by their peers.

 

“C’mon, they’ll be looking for us,” Yesung reminded Baekhyun and patted his knee before standing up. It was no use. Baek just wasn’t going to budge. He looked up at the older with worried, wide eyes.

 

In a small voice he said, “…but what if I miss it? What if I-”

 

“Miss what?”

 

 

“The high note! What else!” Baekhyun said with a strangled, close-to-tears, voice. That was definitely not going to be good for his vocals.

 

“Yesung-hyung, you’re so dense sometimes,” he retorted and gave Yesung a small, harmless smack upon the head.

 

“Hey! Hey, watch the hair,” Yesung replied, going to the nearest mirror to put the strands back in place-but to be honest, it looked the same as before…

 

Yesung started for the door, but halted when he heard familiar sniffles coming from the younger boy. He deeply sighed and knelt in front of Baekhyun. Without hesitating, Baekhyun placed his delicate hands in the other’s and gave them a tight squeeze.

 

“Baekhyun, listen to me,” at that Baekhyun picked up his head and tilted his head, “They wouldn’t have picked this song or that part for you if they we didn’t think you could do it. You’re unarguably one of the best singers in the company, why don’t you go out and show us all just that?”

 

“Hyung, you really think that?” questioned Baekhyun with glistening eyes.

 

“Baek, I know that,” replied Yesung who then pulled the younger up, “Now, make sure they all know that.”

 

~

The high note was coming up. Only a couple of measures left.

 

Yesung, spotting Baekhyun getting worried from the other side of the stage, quickly ran over to him and pulled him into a tight back hug. As if by magic, he immediately felt the younger relax in his arms as he hit the high note flawlessly.

 

Baekhyun, surprised, turned around immediately with the brightest smile and pulled Yesung into a warm hug. He didn’t dare let go until the song had ended and they bowed, hand in hand. Tears of joy formed in the corners of Baekhyun’s eyes and Yesung was quick to wipe them away.

 

“I knew you could it Baekhyunnie~” whispered Yesung as they exited the SMTown stage, with the loud echoes of the audience’s never-ending applause fading behind them.

 

The End.