leader

Jinki the Leader

1. “Good morning, I’m your team leader. My name is Lee Jinki but please call me Jinki” his smile is so radiant, Jonghyun thinks he needs sunglass just to see it. “we are here to talk about the launch of the rocket that the SM team has just finished built, oh wait where did I put the details? Uh I did bring it with me though, I mean I did right?” everyone in the room can sense the unsure tone on their team leader’s voice. The papers are scattered on the table, Kibum, Minho and Taemin are looking at each other as if they are in some short of telepathic conversation “are you sure he is the dependable and the most valuable at this field like they’ve said?”. Jonghyun helps their team leader anyway, even though he isn’t sure which one is it, only offering random papers to the leader.

In the end, they are acknowledged Lee Jinki’s proficiency in this field as they watch the rocket launches to the sky.

They still couldn’t find the said papers with the details though, Jinki had to work on it all over again.

 

 

2.  “Jinki, Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho and Taemin you guys are in one group. Your turn is next week so I hope you guys can prepare this presentation well.” Their English teacher says on their first meet of this semester. The 5 of them haven’t really known each other that well, only small greetings have been said. And now, they have to work together, Jinki isn’t sure.

“You should be our group leader, Jinki ya” Jonghyun offers on their meeting in the library during lunch, everyone nods in unison. Jinki frowns immediately, Jonghyun sees it “uh- I’m sorry I dropped the honorary, I thought because we’re in the same class you-“

“no no no it’s not that. I’m not sure I can lead you guys well?”  Jinki is the oldest one in their group but he doesn’t seem like one with that cute frown in his face.

“I’m sure you will. You can just distribute the tasks and all, we’ll help you”  Minho adds, the other are all nodding, agree to it.

Jinki smile is really one of a kind, Kibum sure it could light up the whole room. “Well, okay then. But you guys would help me right?” All the other nod in unison again this time. “alright! Awesome!”

One should know about Lee Jinki which unfortunately the other members don’t know. Jinki doesn’t have a heart to bother someone. He knows, the other would totally help him if he asked but he didn’t. “They might have other things to do though” he once said to himself. Even when the other 4 were checking up on him, he said he got everything handled.

Jinki did everything in the end, well except for the power point part since power point wasn’t really his forte, he had said. A week later, their teacher give them all A for their presentation. Oh and Jinki have fried chicken for lunch, courtesy of Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho and Taemin.

 

3. Jinki is a public accountant, he got his degree and 5 years ago and license 3 years ago. Now, he has 4 employees; Jonghyun,Kibum,Minho and Taemin who help him to do the audits for some companies. Since he isn’t that senior in this field and seeing his employees aren’t that experienced either (Taemin just got his degree 5 months ago and he is going to take the license test in 2 months), the companies usually reluctant to let Jinki’s team to audit them. If it isn’t for the low cost Jinki ask for his audit service, they probably wouldn’t get any client at all.

There’s always some obstacle on auditing a company. Not to mention if the company is on the edge of bankruptcy and like it or not and had come to Jinki in desperation, they tend to hide something. And as a team leader, Jinki comes to the rescue.

Minho comes to Jinki’s office, in his hands are documents of this company they’ve been working on. The employee drops the documents to Jinki’s desk in frustration, Jinki takes the documents and studies them “Boss, they wouldn’t give me some of their receipts. They said they gave it all but I know they didn’t!!!!!!! Would you please, come with me and knock some senses to those people? I can’t deal with them anymore” Minho plops himself to one of the chairs in front of Jinki’s desk. “oh and yeah, they’ve been asking for a guy whose smile like a thousands stars in the darkest night? Was it you, Boss?”

The team leader looks up at Minho “uh? Really?” Jinki’s face seemed to get redder “uh, I guess I can go with you?”

“can we go now? Please? The deadline is next week and I would really to have my vacation after this ends”

Jinki grabs his key “Okay, I’ll drive”

 

Minho has just finished some magic in work. Once Jinki talked (sweet-talking) to the cashier of that company, the girl rushed to grab the required documents. That was 10 minutes ago and they’re driving back to the office.

 

Long story short, Minho is on his vacation to Japan. He makes sure to bring something for his boss.

 

 

4.  “You think they’re going to accept it?” Kibum asks, he’s always known as the dubious one in the group.

Jinki nods, “yup”

“But what if they don’t?” Minho asks

“Well, we’re just going to do like how we always do” Jinki answers, the blinding that plastered his face doesn’t falter.  Jinki always has this positive aura that Taemin envies so much but at the same time he adores the leader.

Taemin stands up from his seat, “We manage to get to this point that we didn’t even dare to dream before, we’ll get through this. Right, Jinki?”

The leader hums, agreeing to the youngest one “yes. Besides, we have all the time in this world. One “No” from someone wouldn’t be that bad. I mean yes, we’re going to be a little upset but you know, I always have this feeling that we’re going to make this work”

“You’re always positive, Jinki-ya. You’re the leader here, you’re supposed to be the most positive one here”

“I wasn’t just saying, I meant it”

“yeah, yeah whatever you say”

 

Jinki isn’t at the headquarter when the letter arrives. It takes them a whole 3 months before the letter comes. It takes them 3 whole months of being anxious, and worry. They have so much at stake right now. They wait for Jinki to open the letter.

 

Jinki arrives 30 minutes later, he brings foods and beverages like they’re going to have a party.  Taemin hands him the letter and he opens it…

 

Jinki reads the letter in silent, the others are waiting in front of him with their hands on their ears, closed eyes and silent prayers inside their heart.

 

“hmm I guess we really have something to celebrate tonight…” Jinki smiles, always the positive one “it says yes!!”

 

 

 

5. In this universe, Lee Jinki is the SHINee’s leader. He is smart, he is kind, he always has the positive attitude, and to top of it, he also has this blinding smile.

In this universe, Lee Jinki is the SHINee’s leader. They appointed him to lead Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho and Taemin as a group, and lead them well he does.

In this universe, Lee Jinki is also known as Onew. To the other people, Onew is so soft and fragile that you always want to take care of him, while in fact, Jinki is where the members go to when they have some encouragement. Jinki takes care of well.

In this universe, Lee Jinki is not just the leader for Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho, Taemin. Jinki is also their hyung with lots of affection. He helps Jonghyun with his music, He watches Kibum’s musical to support him, He plays game with Minho, He dotes on Taemin (everyone dote on Taemin but his favorite is Jinki hyung, don’t tell anyone)

In this universe, Lee Jinki is loved by s. Whenever Jinki feels sad, Jonghyun would sing for him, Kibum would ask him if he’d like to eat something and cook for him, Minho would talk to him until he gets better, and Taemin he would hug Jinki so tight.

 

In this universe and every other universes, Lee Jinki, Onew whatever you call him, he is the greatest leader of all.

 


 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE JINKI!!!