Prologue

The General
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

War.

That was all that I had known, all that I was accustomed to.Peace was a word with no meaning, lost, never to be found.

The nightly air raids kept the village people up through out their nights, checking through the curtains of windows to make sure it was alright.Nights spent couped up in the bomb shelter behind the cottage.Days when some you knew randomly went missing, never to return.Days when the screams of the tortured filled the air.Evenings when the curfew began earlier and earlier until it was almost as if the people were shut in.Evenings when my father would grab a bat to beat the burglar that broke in through the back window all for my mothers pearls.Those were things I had known.

Until one day, I met him.

General Oh.

Conqueur of Many, King of Armies, Prodigy of the god of war.He had many names, all which were feared by our country.He was the general of the main front army of our neighboring country.He had conquered many countries before that were striped of their freedoms and added to the ever expanding territory of the Wons.The Wons were known as a ruthless and savage people.Their culture flourished around their warriors and soldiers.Eliminating anyone in their path.

The first time I met a Won I was twelve years of age. 2 years from ripening age.I had heard the gossip between the courtesans and servers.That the Wons were Vulgar, uncilvilised, and brute men.They would whisper secrets about their shared nights between the sheets of an army man.They would go on boasting about how rough and spontaneous they were.Of course, at that age I didn’t truly understand what they had meant, but I was curious.

By the time I was 12, The Wons were successful at taking over control of over eighty percent of Swania’s territory including the capital.Wons became a daily sighting as more of them moved towards this ‘New found Land’.Signs began being placed excluded Swania’s from certain area only for Wons.We became the outcasts of our own society.Wons were the superior and were always treated with respect.Guards began lining up along the side of alleys waiting to catch someone and beat them for treason.

Your probably wondering how someone of my age had found their way near courtesans and servers.I worked in a small hotel of the back roads of the village streets. Koa was the name.

It was a small hotel squeezed between the other busines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter