When it's your birthday

Lay One Shots

You groaned and turned to look at the clock. You weren't much of a morning person. But today was different. It was your birthday and you were excited. Suddenly the fire alarm goes off.

What the f----

"Ahhh" You shot out of the bed and ran to the kitchen. There was a freaking fire! Lay was standing pretty far from the fire and his face showed he was scared to death. He just stood there terrified and before anything else happened, you grabbed the fire extinguisher that was mounted on the wall and immediately squeezed the lever. The carbon dioxide took out the fire and you opened the door and windows to let the smoke out.

You dragged Lay outside away from the smoke. Fortunately it was a small fire and not a huge fire. 

"Lay, what the hell were you up to in the kitchen?"

This was not how you imagined your morning to ever start.

"I was trying to cook you breakfast for your birthday. I wanted everything to turn out perfect for your birthday..."

You sighed and looked at Lay. His eyes brimmed with tears and you were shocked. A tear escaped and rolled down his cheek. 

"Why are you crying oppa?"

"I ruined everything! I'm so sorry Jagiyaaaa." He wailed and you threw your arms around him. A sob escaped from his lips and you hated when he blamed things on himself. 

"It's okay oppa. You didn't mean to start a fire. Stop blaming things on yourself! Why don't we go out to eat at cafe or something?"

He nodded and wiped the leftover tears away. You smiled at him and gave him one last hug before entering the car and driving to the cafe.

The cafe was pretty empty which was a surprise. A waiter came over and you looked down at the menu. 

"Can I get french toast and some coffee with cream and no sugar please." You turned to look at the waiter and almost fell out of your chair. Out of all the people you could've ran into, it just so happened to be your best friend that you hadn't seen in years. You jumped out of the chair and hugged her tightly.

"Long time no see Ji Hee!" You were hugging her to the point where she probably couldn't breathe, but it just showed how much you were happy to see her. You let her go and you introduced Lay to her and he placed his order.

"I never expected to see her. I haven't seen her a while. She always saved my when I didn't do my homework." You ranted on and on and the food finally came. Lay was pretty happy you stopped talking. If you weren't stopped, you could've gone on for hours.

You guys got back in the car. Lay held your hand while he drove and you noticed that he looked really nervous. His back was stiff and he looked extremely uncomfortable. Normally he wasn't like this, so you decided to ask him.

"Are you okay oppa? You don't seem comfortable. Are you sick? Do you have a fever? How are you feeling?" As a girlfriend, you were obviously worried for him. Was he hiding something from you?

"I'm fine jagiya. I feel super happy to be with you right now." He flashed you a smile and you saw through it. He was lying to you. You smiled back and kept an eye on him the entire time. He was starting to sweat and his hands were all sweaty too. You didn't want to question him further, but you were starting to get annoyed.

He parked the car and you looked around. Why in the world were you guys at the park? Not that you were complaining, but you were just...confused.

Lay opened the door for you and you thanked him. This park was where you first met Lay. He helped you get your kite out of the tree because you were too short to reach it. This place meant a lot to you and Lay.

You guys sat on the bench and started reminiscing all the memories you had with him. It was the afternoon and all the kids were out on the playground. You had the urge to go the swing and you dragged Lay with you. 

"Jump off the swing! I'll catch you." You immediately shook your head. 

"I don't know about that."

"Trust me."

You swung once more before closing your eyes tightly. You felt arms wrap around you and you opened one eye to see if you had fell on to the ground, but you didn't. You sighed with relief and cherished this peaceful moment, well kind of peaceful. Excluding the screaming kids and the crying babies.

"Let's play hide and seek! You count and I'll hide." Your inner childish self decided to show up and play hide and seek. 

"6-7-8-9-10! Ready or not here I---" You fell to the ground and you groaned from the pain. 

"Jagiya! Are you okay?" Lay helped you up and you nodded your head. 

"What happened?"you asked. 

"I was crouching down right behind you. I didn't think you were going to go in the direction behind you. You ended up tripping over me. Luckily you didn't kick my beautiful face."

You laughed and your laughter died down when Lay was down on one knee and you were automatically confused until he pulled out a ring. You gasped and suddenly felt all emotional. The tears were ready to fall and they came gushing out when he said his sweet confession.

"We've been together for 2 years now and you've made those two years amazing. You were always there for me and you put up with me for this long. When I was performin and wasn't feeling well, I had to go to the hospital. You cancelled all your events so you could fly to China and stay with me. I never thought I would end up with a girl as pretty and as caring as you. You make my heart flutter and never fail to make me happy even when I'm stressed out. Sometimes I'm busy with my schedule and I can't call and text you because of it. I feel guilty of not being able to be there sometimes for you. When my schedule calms down, I'll take a day off so I can be with you for the whole day. I've never loved someone so much and I want to stick by your side until I die. Will you marry me?

You nodded your head and he wrapped his arms around you. Parents and kids were watching and clapping. The Exo members were also in the crowd and gave you a thumbs up.

Lay slipped the ring onto your finger and you stared at it in awe. The Exo members came up to you two and congratulated you.

"Yahhh Zhang Yixing! You owe me money because I bought that ring for you after you said you didn't bring your wallet when you actually did. Pay up kid!" Suho yelled and chased Lay around the park.

You giggled and couldn't help but smile. This was going to be a birthday you would never forget.