1st

He and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[4th Grade]

 

It all started when Mrs. Song, our homeroom teacher, announced that we were going to have a new classmate who will come to school the next day. Everyone, including me, felt surprised at the sudden announcement seeing as we didn't usually get new students in our run-down elementary school placed in this strange country side we all lived in, more so a new student right in the middle of the school year. Surprise was one thing we felt, anticipation and excitement - for others - were another. I couldn't care less anyways, as all i thought about was continuing to be the perfect honor student my parents would remain proud of.

 

Right after the announcement, Mrs. Song immediately began her lesson on multiplication. I smiled at the thought of how I was once again going to ace the math problems that were about to come. I giddily picked up my pencil and started scribbling down important notes.

 

 

The following day as Mrs. Song entered the classroom, everyone immediately tuned down at the sight of the new boy trailing right behind her. Yuju had stopped braiding my hair and let my soft curls flow back down as she, as well as the others, drew their attention towards the new kid. 

 

I faced front and saw his blank face looking right back at us, hands gripping the strings of his bag in the most natural way possible. He had no trace of nervousness in him at all, and it made him all the more interesting to all of us.

 

Mrs. Song smiled and gave him a pat on the back, encouraging him to speak. "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class, young man?"

 

It was quiet as we all waited for him to do something. Eventually, the new kid bowed a perfect 90-degrees before giving us all a half smile. 

 

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. My family and I just moved here three days ago from Seoul. Nice to meet you guys."

 

Jungkook had black, messy hair that fell over the top of his doe-eyes along with a cute straight nose and pink, plump lips to go with his face. I gave a quick glance to my classmates and saw how the boys were smiling and offering him a seat while the girls greeted him in an unusally cheery manner. 

 

Everyone already thought how cool and nice Jungkook was.

 

But the new kid is a city kid, and I will most probably always wonder if he'll ever fit in with us country-bumpkin kids.

Or rather, will I ever fit in with this city k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter