Final

Sing for You, the Real Story
XSYKOTICA
Sing For You
Sing For You
Sing For You
Sing For You
The Real Story
The Real Story
The Real Story
The Real Story
- I -

There was a bit problem with Sehun. See, he had been growing increasingly handsome since debut and it was surfacing more and more problems with each passing day. After every photo shoot, every come back, every variety show, fangirls would die. They would spontaneously combust from an overload of feels, and Sehun was the main culprit. With the rise in casualties, the profits were also reducing. Without the profits, the boys wouldn't be able to do anything; they'd be forced to stop all promotions and live in the streets, busking with acoustic versions of their songs to make enough money to feed themselves. So, not knowing what else to do, SM Ent. did what they had to.

They flung Sehun into the sun.

It was the only option. Statistics proved that maknae's were the most likely to ruin everything once they showed everyone how grown up they were. So before he could grow up more, they prepared him for his journey. Sehun had no idea what was in store for him, but when he figured it out it was too late.

But there was hope for Sehun. When SM Ent. flung him, they miscalculated how far the sun was. Whether this was on purpose or not is unknown, but he was floating around in space with a limited oxygen supply.

It was during this period of time he spent floating that he met his best friend, the cosmic space whale. This whale had been alone its entire life, lost and forgotten by its family. And, left alone in space where it is near impossible to find a lost family, this whale grew accustomed to its isolation. But the thing he longed for was company, something it feared it would never get.

So when the cosmic space whale saw Sehun floating around, it made its way towards him. It came close to Sehun, happy to see another living creature for the first time since birth. But once it noticed Sehun was a little intimidated by its size, it became still, not wanting to scare off a potential friend.

The two floated together without a sound, as it waited for Sehun to grow closer with it. Once Sehun realised that this cosmic space whale was just looking for some company, he smiled a smile laced with bitter sweetness. Apart from being lonely, the two shared another common trait. Young innocence.

So the two floated together, soon realising they would be unable to communicate in any way.

And although their time together was spent in silence, they knew that they were closer than close.

 

They were Sehun and the cosmic space whale.

 

 

 

- II -

Chanyeol was appauled. Disgusted. Hurt, even. How could they let this happen? After so many times filled with smiles and good looks, it had finally happened.

Suho had a bad haircut.

The colour just didn't suit the cut of his hair. Maybe the colour would've been better if it were in a better style, but this was just horrific. Even a cheap and ugly bowl cut seemed much more appealing on his friend.

"How do I look? Do you like it?"

Chanyeol didn't know how to respond. He wanted to say he loved it, that he looked great. But honestly, that was the biggest lie he would ever tell. He was torn. He didn't want to offend him, but he didn't want him to think he could look good in this cut. There was no way he'd be able to forgive himself if he got this cut again because he thought he looked good.

After seeing Suho's confused expression, he didn't know what to do. He had taken way too long to think of his answer; if he gave a compliment now, he'd sound sarastic. But if he told the truth, he'd probably hurt more.

What could he do?

Unable to help it, he clenched his fist tightly, the frustration building up and boiling inside him. So he did the only thing he could think of doing in that moment. A physical action of how much he hated it.

In the instant that he punched Suho he couldn't help but do it again. And again and again and again.

And all it took was one second of guilt to flash through him for him to realise that it probably would've been better for him to just say that he thought his haircut was . He fell to his knees and cried, not knowing how else to deal with this mess he had made. Suho had cuts and bruises and was swelling because Chanyeol had beat him hard.

Tired and angry with himself, he laid down on the floor, hoping really really hard that it was just his imagination that punched Suho. He looked up into the sky, and watched the winter snow fall down on top of him as he laid still on the floor.

He heard Suho get down next to him and sigh. Hoping it wouldn't be too hard to be forgiven, he whispered a sincere apology. What he wasn't expecting was a small chuckle from his hyung. Confused as to why he was laughing after a severe beating, Chanyeol looked at Suho confused.

"Well, it's a good thing I came to show you first."

"But you came to me with ty hair. And now I ed up your face. I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did that..."

"Don't worry. I'll just tell everyone I got into a fight with a lawnmower, and this was the best the stylist could do afterwards. It'll explain the cuts on my face too."

"You mean you aren't going to tell everyone?"

"Even though it's embarrassing to lose to a lawnmower, it's better than telling everyone I lost to you."

"Thanks hyung."

 

The two laid there together in silence before they started to freeze, and then they decided to head inside before they caught a cold. Suho was really glad that he came to him first.

 

- III -

With a conflicting heart, Lay decided to go out and play basketball to take his mind off the sad news he had just recieved. Although it was winter and it was starting to get really freaking cold, all of his friends were happy to come out and play with him. It started off as a friendly competition, and it stayed that way, despite the many times Lay thought it would turn into a heated competition.

But there was one strange thing happening. Every time he went to shoot, someone disappeared. At first he didn't notice, but when there was a very small number of people playing with him now, he began to get worried.

On his last shoot, he scored a three pointer, and turned around to celebrate, only to find the court empty. Starting to get scared, he was unsure of what to do. He looked around to try and find out what was happening. Without being able to find out how to fix this, he did the one thing he could think of.

Shoot another hoop.

As he did he felt his whole world go in slow motion. He felt something weird, a soft numbness crawling across his whole body. He closed his eyes once he felt the ball leave his hand and felt calm as his finished rising into the air with the rest of his jump.

When he opened his eyes he was back in his house, realising that he took a nap on his couch. Confused he looked at his phone and unlocked it, seeing the conversation with Baekhyun prior to his nap.

 

Can I go with you to your grandmother's house for the winter break?

 

No. It's family only Lay. Don't you have your own family to be with?

 

Yes, but I want to see your grandmother again. She's awesome

 

Lay, you can't come. I'm sorry you just can't             

 

A tear trickled down his cheek remembering the devastating news. Once again, his attempts at seeing Baekhyun's grandmother were rejected.

 

It really was a sad world he lived in.

 

- IX -

He creaked open the door quietly and peeked in. Kai was so cute sleeping in bed, D.O just didn't want to wake him. Although he wanted nothing more than to invite him, he didn't want to disturb his precious slumber. He walked over and pulled the blankets up to make sure he was warm while he was sleeping, and quietly left. He walked out to where the rest of the boys were, and asked if they'd all like to come for a drive. They all said yes, and everyone went to the car enthusiastically.

Once they were all buckled in, he started the car and headed off with a loud roar of the engine. They the radio and started to sing a tune. Lay sang happily in the back while he clicked along to the tune cutely, Baekhyun was feeling it and sat outside the window to sing out into the snowy landscape, and Chen was really feeling it while he belted out perfect notes along with D.O.

Nothing could beat this feeling, but somewhere in the back of D.O's mind, he felt sad that he couldn't invite Kai.

 

When Kai awoke, he couldn't  find anyone in the house. He decided to check his phone and see where everyone was. When he did, he saw a photo of them all in the car together.

Without him.

D.O didn't even wake him to ask if he would like to come along, he was so hurt. He sat at the end of the bed and sulked, thinking of how much fun they were having. They were  probably were singing and laughing and having a blast. It all got too much and he just wanted to destroy everything.

He didn't like the room very much at all, so it didn't matter much to him if it all got ruined. He flipped the table and broke every little trinket, he picked up the broken boom box D.O had bought purely for looks, and flung it towards the mirror. Apart from being hurt by D.O's choice to leave him alone, he hated his choice in styling. And finally he had destroyed it like he had done so many times in his head.

But then he actually realised what he had done. D.O probably put a lot of thought and effort into styling this room and he had wrecked everything.

He absentmindedly took the blanket from his bed and wrapped it around himself while he walked outside. D.O would hate him now, he didn't want to see his hurt look when he found out. So he walked out into the snow, hoping that he could be forgiven.

 

Things weren't faring much better for D.O either. His car trip was a massive flop. He was having so much fun with the boys he didn't even realise what he had done until it was too late.

He farted.

And it was bad.

Once the smell had burned everyone's nostrils, they left, not caring that they were still a 20 minutes drive from home. They assured D.O that they'd make their way back home, and left him to stew in his own gas.

Overwhelmed, he wanted to get out of the car and join them. But who would drive the car back? He had to keep the windows rolled up because the heater was a bit weak in the car, and without the boys singing and yelling there wasn't much hot air in the car anymore. And that meant that he had to breathe in his own farts.

 

While walking, Kai was getting cold. Very cold.

It was tragic really. He had gone outside to numb his sadness and now he was just worried about getting hypothermia.

But when he saw come headlights up ahead, and recognised the car, he could only forget the sadness he was feeling prior and entered the car. What he wasn't expecting was an empty car and a crying D.O.

"D.O? What's wrong?"

"K-Kai? Why are you here?"

"I was walking around in my blanket because I was upset, but I didn't really think it through. Why are you crying?"

"Everyone left..."

"Why?"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"................"

"I farted."

Trying to hold back his laughter, he gently patted his back and smiled. "Is that why it smells bad in here?" D.O nodded, and Kai turned around and opened the door so that they could let out the fart smell. Once it was mostly gone, Kai closed the door and put the blanket over their legs to keep warm.  D.O started the car again and they drove home.

Completely forgetting about the trashed room, Kai didn't quite know how to apologise when he saw D.O freeze in the doorframe.

"D.O I'm so sorry, I was just mad and I don't know what came over me..."

D.O walked around slowly, looking at every piece of broken furniture. "I didn't know you didn't like it..."

"I'm sorry, I never had the heart to tell you..."

"To be honest, I hated it too. I just thought it was something you liked."

"Really?"

"Well you never said anything bad..."

"Should we re-do the room to what we like?"

"Yes!"

"Then let's go!"

 

The two headed off into the living room to decide on a style that they both really liked, and came to an agreement. But what they couldn't agree on was how they were going to tell their managers that they trashed the room.