i.i

boy in luv

jeon jeongguk was walking to his usual lunch table when he was stopped by a man shorter than him. he had his hands clasped together and his face was red, fidgeting nervously. jeongguk raised an eyebrow, staring at the person expectantly. 

"yes, hello? what do you want?" he asked while still trying to make eye contact with the guy. 

finally, the person looked up and they met eyes for about ten seconds before him stuttering out, "h-hi." 

jeongguk answered a confused greeting back, "hey?"

the man flushed in embarrassment, and even though jeongguk thought he was adorable as hell, he didn't know why he approached him in the first place. 

"my n-name is—" jeongguk heard him say, but he was speaking so quietly, he didn't get his name. 

jeongguk leaned closer to the male, saying apologetically, "sorry, i didn't catch your name, can you repeat it once more?" 

looking up, he met eyes with jeongguk, and he couldn't stop blushing. he repeated what he said, but louder. 

"my name is—" before he could finish his sentence, he heard violent running (kim taehyung, i swear to god if this is you—), and he could already see who it is. 

"JOOOOOOHHHNNNN CEEEEEEENNNAAAAA!" 

taehyung body slammed him, causing them both to fall. 

jeongguk watched the whole thing in amusement, but he felt dejected because he still didn't get his name. he saw the man yell at taehyung, but he knew he was joking since he was smiling while acting like he was hitting taehyung. 

taehyung cackled loudly, saying, "i just wanted to do that, now go do your thing!" and with that, he gave a thumbs up to the person he john cena'd and ran away. 

i think they forgot i was here, jeongguk thought, quietly chuckling. 

he looked back, and realized jeongguk was still standing there. he bowed deeply, "i'm so sorry! my friend interrupted me! i'm park jimin," he paused before taking a small breath; jeongguk could see him shaking slightly, with blush tinted over his cheeks, "and i really, really like you so w-would y-y-you like to go on a d-date with me?" jimin was a nervous wreck, and jeongguk found that absolutely adorable. 

i don't normally date the first time we meet, but jimin seems to have the same friends as me. also he's really cute, so why not? besides it's only just a date, jeongguk reasoned with himself. 

"sure, i'd like that."

jeongguk is grateful he made the right decision because seeing jimin's face light up made him think that saying yes was worth it.


A/N: from the prompt Imagine Person A introducing themselves to Person B but they mumble stating their name. When B asks them to repeat A replies “My name is…” but hesitates as they are a nervous wreck. Person C then wrecks the whole moment by blaring the John Cena meme.