Second Scoop

Of Ice Cream and Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The atmosphere got a bit awkward for a reason I don’t know. Maybe it’s because of Mark’s sudden silence.

“Hey…”

He looked at me.

“You okay?” I asked him.

He smiled forcefully. “Yeah, of course.”

He said he’s ok but he kept on with his silence as we kept on walking walking.

“Uhm… I…”

I looked at him. “Huh?”

“Do you… Are you…. Are you really that impressed with Daehyun’s singing?”

“Yeah. Why not? He was always a great singer even before. Why did you ask that?”

“Nothing. It’s not that I’m not impressed as well because I am, but it’s not just my thing I guess. Singing.”

“Of course. Your thing is rapping and dancing.” I said. Ok this is getting confusing. I don’t know where this conversation is going.

“Yeah I know. But aren’t you, like, more impressed with singing or dancing? Because I think that what I—“

I suddenly laughed out loud. “Mark, no one’s comparing you and Daehyun’s talent. Since when did you or anyone do that?” I shook my head.

“I’m not comparing, I swear!” He put his hands up. “But it seems like you were overly impressed with him earlier and it’s not like you haven’t heard him sing before because we were with each other all the time. I just thought that, you know, maybe you…”

“I what?” I looked at him skeptically.

“Maybe you over-acted a little bit. ‘Cause it’s just singing. Almost everybody does it. And it’s Daehyun we’re taking about.” He pointed out.

I stopped walking. “So what if it’s Daehyun? We haven’t seen each other for a long time. And he just got in his university choir. I’m just showing how proud I am of him. Mark, why are you being like this?”

He faced me and chuckled bitterly. “You never had the same reaction when I said that I got in the group. With the guys, I mean. It’s also not easy to get along with them, you know? Especially when I’m the eldest.”

“Mark I did the same reaction with you. Maybe you just forgot.” I passed him and walked a bit faster than usual. I was a bit pissed. How can he say such things?

“Ok! Then maybe I didn’t want you doing the same to others!” I heard him yell from behind me. That made me stop walking and faced him. I was hella’ confused.

“Even if it’s Daehyun! I feel like I’m being robbed of something. I don’t know… You know what? Forget it.” He started walking ahead of me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter