His Fairytale

His Fairytale

Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol were childhood friends. They had gone to different mishaps and their childhood had been an unforgettable one because of each other. They were inseparable and became of their bond, young Sungyeol felt something toward his friend, as he did to him. And when they turned at the right age, Myungsoo decided to confess to his friend he's loving since forever. And Sungyeol accepted him right away. But odds weren't on their favor.

When Sungyeol's father learned about their love he called 'Immoral', he dragged his son out of the country but Sungyeol promised to Myungsoo he'll come back. And Myungsoo hold on to that promise.

But three years had passed with quite behind them and Myungsoo gave up waiting for him. He made a promise to himself he'll forget about Sungyeol. All their friends never mentioned Sungyeol's name ever again. For it brought pains to Myungsoo.

 

And Myungsoo's heart learned to love again when he met Lee Sungjong, a student with a dream of becoming a singer some day. And Myungsoo can see Sungyeol in him. And somehow, the pain Sungyeol inflicted was healed by Sungjong. And his friends like him as well. 

 

But he came back, Sungyeol came back. Back to Myungsoo like he had promised. He explained to them that he managed to change his father's decision. He came back and everything returned back to what it was before he left. Except for one thing, Myungsoo's heart no longer belonged to him. It belonged to Sungjong now. And Sungyeol's first impulse was to hate him, but Sungjong was too kind. He was an enigmatic young man and Sungyeol can't hate him. And he learned to like him as well. 

But the love he felt for Myungsoo never disappeared. And when he looked at Myungsoo and Sungjong as they talked happily, he'll forced himself to smile. They were so happy. They were so in love and no one knew he was hurting. Behind the smile he's giving was a broken young man crying for the love he had lost.

And when Sungyeol thought of giving Myungsoo up, something happened.

Sungjong received a letter from a Recording Studio and he packed right away, chasing after his dream. And he promised Myungsoo he'll come back.

A promise was broken and Myungsoo's heart broke again. And that's when he sees Sungyeol once again.

He was a rebound. Sungyeol knew that. But at that moment, when Myungsoo kissed him and layed him on his bed, he didn't care, because he loved him so much. They had an understanding after that lust-driven night. And those times were the happiest for him.

 

An extravagant wedding was held at the cathedral a year after. Sungyeol tightly closed his eyes. The wedding officiant announced the kiss and Myungsoo smirked. He pulled him closer. A tear rolled down at Sungyeol's cheeks. Myungsoo smiled and wiped his tears.

And slowly, so slowly, he placed a kiss on him, claiming him. The guests clapped their hands. Sungyeol opened his eyes and wiped his tears. And clapped too.

Myungsoo smirked and pulled Sungjong for a kiss again. Sungjong blushed.

 

It should be him, Sungyeol thought. But it simply didn't work out. Because he was the only one giving love. An argument sets in and they fought, yelled vicious things at each other and separated ways after that. They regained their friendship months after that and Sungjong came back. And the rest was history.

Sungyeol was truly happy for them, but his heart ached every time he realized Myungsoo you wasn't his fairytale, he was somebody else's.

The newly wed couple made their way out the cathedral and Sungyeol smiled. And when he glanced sideways, he find a tall young man beside him, smiling. And Sungyeol's heart seemed to stop breathing at that smile. He looked right into that brown eyes and Sungyeol smiled. And maybe, just maybe, his fairytale has yet to come ..