Seventh

Ephemeral Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two hours since the lockdown. At this rate, she resigned to the fact that she’s going to have to spend the night with him in this venue. Of all the places to be held “captive” by the electricity and security shutdown, why here? Is fate that cruel? Why this Art Gallery of all places? Why does it have to be at the area wherein they first met a lifetime ago and at the exact same corner too?

 

“Instead of wasting all your energy, I suggest you pick a spot to lean on. Don’t worry, I won’t bite.” Yonghwa yawned.

 

“It’s not you I’m worried about.” Seohyun snapped. She turned around abruptly, not expecting that he was already behind her. The sudden proximity caused her heart to go on overdrive.

 

He smirked upon seeing her reaction, overjoyed that she isn’t immune to him after all. She took a step back and he took another one forward, never letting his eyes stray. He kept his gaze fixed entirely on her and whether she liked it or not, she knew that her cheeks has turned into a fiery shade of crimson.

 

He kept moving forward while she kept trying to do the opposite until she felt her back hit the wall. This is it. There’s no point of escape now. He recognized the panicked look on her face and immediately, his own expression softened. He took his time to analyze her features and knew for a fact how much he missed her. Truth be told, even with her being this close, it still feels like they are worlds apart.

 

He leaned closer to her ear and whispered,

 

“Wanna know a “secret?””

 

She felt the hairs on her neck spike up but she shook her head defiantly. He leaned back to examine her face once more before smiling.

 

“I’ll tell you anyway. The reason why it would never work out between you and him is because of me….”

 

Upon hearing that, she immediately glared at him. How dare he?

 

“Please let me finish.” He begged. She didn’t say a word as she looked away from him. This closeness is really messing up with her heart.

 

“It’ll never work out with him or anyone else for as long as I exist in this world. It won’t be possible to be with another while we are existing in the same lifetime. You know why? He may be warm, nice, comfortable to be with, considerate. In short, he’s the safe choice. But I know you too well, Joohyun-ah. You never lived within your boundaries. You always took the risk.

 

You want someone who’d create adventures with you. Someone who’d challenge you to greater heights and possibilities. You don’t need and you most likely won’t ever want a man who always plays it safe within the lines. He may make you feel the butterflies and all but he’ll never light the fire burning deep within your soul. He’ll never be able to make your smile reach your eyes or your tears to flow an endless stream. He’ll never be able to evoke such strong emotions from you because your feelings for him will never go beyond the surface…”

 

He ran a finger across her shoulder and her blush returned in full force. He smiled again and leaned to her ear and whispered,

 

“See. I told you so. And just so you know, all of that applies to me too. There’s no one else for me but you. I was young and stupid to realize it earlier.”

 

She hated it because she knows he’s right and he also knows that he’s right. She hated herself bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter