If You Do

If You Do

If it's you. . .

 

 

Jinyoung had always told himself he prefered the silence over your bickering voices when the two of you argue. The day was beginning to end. The French windows of the room were wide open, the transluscent white drapes that hung above the window lines were swaying with the harsh wind. He had come back from work, quickly found a new pair of tuxedo. I was wrong, he thought to himself.

'Why am I always wrong?!' he had growled. 'Why can't we?! WHY?' you were bawling your eyes out listening as his yells echoed through the apartment you two had settled in. You kept shaking your head, your hands over your ears.

'I'm sorry Jinyoung, I'm sorry.' you were trembling, on the floor, and he was pacing around, thunder in his footsteps that you dared not look up at his face.

'To think that you need time to choose-' he headed towards the door.

'No, wait!' you had begged, but you hear the door close before he even stops. You know you couldn't expect him back.

But you waited anyway.

Waited, and waited. You fell asleep on the couch, woke up to no "Good morning, love." still in the clothes you wore when you got back from work. He might come back, you keep telling yourself, so you decided to make some pancakes for him, knowing he loves them with maple syrup and chopped bananas, leaving the batter in the fridge so that you could cook them when he gets home. You came to work a little late and at lunch hour, you received a visitor: your older brother. 'You have to come home.' was what he simply said. Fearing the worst, you follow him.

'Where are you. . .' Jinyoung came home a little late after lunch, with a bouquet of daisies. He pasted an uneasy smile. 'Honey, I-' he said as he came through the door, before he found the apartment in complete silence. He called your name, only replied by echoes.

All the rooms are empty. He called your office, who claimed you didn't come back ever since lunch hour ended. Jinyoung drives out, to everyplace that reminded him of you in Seoul, knwing you weren't someone who travelled far that frequently, neither were you the type to run to friends when you were upset with him. The park, the street shops. You were nowhere to be seen. Now Jinyoung was on the floor.

Yes, last night was the worst temper he had shown to you. Did he scare you? Perhaps. You didn't answer his calls. Did you really leave him? If so, where to? Your parents' house? ' off, Jinyoung. You ain't worth , and no you won't find anyone here.' your brother had answered. Wait for me Please be there. Jinyoung screamed his lungs out.

'WHERE ARE YOU??!!' he stood up and ran to the wall where he had hung a black and white oil portrait painting of you, pulling it down, strength in his arms, anger running through the veins of his fingers, heat in his blood, and he gritted his teeth. He could break the canvas. Could, but he didn't. He lowered his forehead till it touched the surface of the canvas. 'Please come back. . .'

He fell asleep on the wooden floor after another round the city, calling your friends, trying to find your in bars, clubs, malls, the portrait lying beside him.

05:21

'Jinyoung. . .' your voice was like a gentle hiss at dusk. You walked over to him lying. You lower yourself. With your cold hand, slightly rough from a night of rushing, you carress his hair. He was no deep sleeper. Within several , he flutters his eyes open to the dark surrounding.

'Who-'

'Shh,' you his head. 'Let's take you to bed, hmm?' you hold his arm, and upon hearing your voice, he pulls you in for a hug. Fast hands he had, and your cold body, in your slightly dirty clothes from running from home with no transport. Your parents had forbade you from seeing Jinyoung again, but you were ready to say no. Your brother was at the door, trying to block you, but you were ready to fight. Besides, you found no home with your family. Your past was nothnig special to remember. Why should they take the happiness of your present now?

'Where did you go?' there were tears in his voice, and you kept him.

'My family. . .they told me to choose. No, they don't want me to see you again. So I had to run,' you answered.

'I'm sorry,' he whispered by your ear, and you feel his hot breaths against your cold neck. 'I'm sorry about yesterday,'

'Me too,' you held him tight. 'I choose you, Jinyoung. I don't want to lose you, I don't want anyone else.' you said.

He pulled his head away, cupping your face. He admired your eyes with the faint light from the sky, and kissed your forehead. 'You're cold,' he commented. 'Do you want to sleep in?' he asked, smiling.

'But my clothes are dirty,' you replied.

'It's okay.' he picked you up, and headed towards the bedroom.

 

'You don't need them on,'