The End Begins Now

Rainfall

Leo opened the door and dragged a luggage into his appartment. He saw a girl slept on the couch in front of the TV. That girl’s body was curled and looked cold since it was raining outside and all the windows were opened. Leo smiled, he knew that his wife really likes to sleep while hearing the rainfall’s sound. He took a blanket from the bedroom to cover her body. She snuggled into the blanket when Leo rubbed her cheek.

            He got up and dragged his luggage into the bedroom then go to shower. After that he wore a comfy sports pants and sweater. He walked to the kitchen and made a cup of hot chocolate. He took a laptop from bedroom then walked toward the living room. He stratled a lil bit seeing his wife’s eyes was opened.

“Oh! You woke up?”, he asked his wife and sat on the floor. He put his cup on the table and opened his laptop.

“You’re already home?”, she asked back. Leo nodded his head.

“Since when you woke up?”, he asked again and offered his hot chocolate to her. She took a sip of it.

“Since oppa put your luggage into the bedroom”, she sat up and looked at the clock. It was 2 pm. Oh?

“Didn’t you say that your flight was at 1 pm? How come are you already home? The flight should at least take 2 and a half hours, right?” she asked him curiously and took another sips of his hot chocolate

“It flew earlier”, Leo answered.

“What? Why didn’t you tell me? I supposed to pick you up at the airport! Why didn’t you tell me, oppa?”, she was surprised by her husband’s short answer and moved to sit beside him.

“I forgot”, Leo answered shortly again.

“How could you? Oh... you should told me so I can pick you up on time! I was planning to go to the airport after taking a brief nap. I can’t belive it. At least you should called me when you arrived at the airport and asked me to pick you up! Oh my God and it is raining, so how did you get home? By taxi? Ugh... you should’ve called me to pick you up. Why were you acting like you don’t have a wife that able to pick you up?”, she got mad and scolded him. Leo just stared at his angry wife without saying anything. Then she took a deep breath.

“Yeah at least Thank God you already home safely. You must be so tired right? Go take a rest.”, she smiled and rubbed Leo’s back.

“I have to finish a work”, he answered and pointed at the laptop screen.

“Do you want me to help you?”, she asked. Leo nodded and move backward. She took a look at the screen then typed something in the laptop for over fifteen minutes. Suddenly Leo backhugged her and yawn widely.

“Look at that yawn, just go have a rest!”, she said.

“But I have to make it done”, Leo pointed at the screen.

“It’s ok, I’ll do it. You just go to sleep now. I’ll wake you up when it finished”, she forced him to go to take a rest. Leo got up then laid himself on the couch. His wife covered his body with blanket and was going to face the laptop again, but Leo grabbed her hand.

“Wait untill I fall asleep”, Leo pulled her.

“Ok, just go to sleep now”, she kissed his forehead and patted his head untill he fell asleep. Then she went back to her work.

            It’s been an hour since Leo asleep. She suddenly felt hungry and went to refrigrator to take some food. She didn’t find anything that able to be eaten there. It was strange since she always make sure that she had enough snacks stocked in. She went back to the living room and looked at his husband who seemed in a deep sleep. She then decided to go to the convenient store across their apartement building.

            She took her wallet, cellphone an umbrella and walked out. She picked some snacks and drinks at the minimarket then walked toward the cashier. While waiting the cashier counted her stuffs she watched tv behind the cashier table. It was a news program that showed crying people, some armies and evacuation crews near the ocean that was still raining.

“Is there any natural dissaster happend?”, she mumbled and then felt her cellphone vibration. She checked it. 23 missed calls and 17 new messages. Huh? Why was it so many missed calls and new messages? And how come she didn’t hear her cellphone rang? She opened the missed calls list and found some calls from her bestfriend, her younger sister, her mom, and... Leo’s noona? She frowned and thought why would Leo’s noona called her 4 times? Suddenly a call came, it was from her dongsaeng.

“Hm, wae?”, she picked up lazily.

“Eonni, where are you?!”, her dongsaeng asked abruptly.

“Minimart in front of my apartment”, she answered.

“Eomma and I are on our way to your apartment. Just wait for us and don’t do anything, ok? You’re fine, right?”, she asked again. Her voice sounded worry and there was sniffles that heard slightly behind it.

“Why are you guys coming? Why did you sound so worry? Is that eomma who sniffles behind you? There are nothing bad happened, right?”, she started to panic and bombarded her dongsaeng with questions.

“Omoooo ottokeee... I bet you still hadn’t heard the news. Did you watch the latest news on tv?”, her sister started to sniffle too.

“No, I just woke up from a nap. Just tell me what is it!”, she got so worried this time.

“There was a plane accident... a plane from Tokyo to Seoul was crashing. They still haven’t found all the dead body yet, but some were already found. And... hiks... Leo oppa is on the list who is still missing”, her dongsaeng was talking and crying at the same time.

“Ani, what do you mean? He is already home, his flight was flewn earlier. He is sleeping now. Don’t you dare to make a joke about this kind of things!”, she confused by her dongsaeng explanation. But her dongsaeng was just silent and sighed.

“Ok, just stay at your apartment and don’t do anything”, she hanged up the phone. Why was her dongsaeng be like that? If she was telling her a joke, it was too much.

            Then she walked out the minimart but stopped right in front of it. She looked up at her apartment room's windows that were still opened. Suddenly she felt uneasy. She dropped her shopping to the ground than ran to her appartment without taking her umbrella. She took a while before she finally embraced herself to open her apartment door. She walked to the living room. There was no one there, even the laptop and hot chocolate also weren't there.

“Ah, he must’ve cleaned them up and move to sleep in the bedroom”, she mumbled to herself and walked into the bedroom. But she still couldn’t find Leo. Her legs started shaking. She walked out the bedroom and saw the bathroom door were closed. It made her hope that his husband is there. She walked slowly and called Leo.

“Oppa? Leo oppa? Are you inside? Leo oppa?”, there was no answer. She tried to stick her ear to the door but ended up open it. Her heart was so broken when she found out that the lamp was turned off and Leo was not there. She fell down to her knees and her eyes blurred of tears.

            But, then she remembered that she saw him dragged his luggage into the bedroom. With all the energy that left in her body she ran to he bedroom. She searched all over the bedroom but still hadn’t found the luggage. Bruk! Suddenly his eyesight was dark and she couldn’t remember anything. Not long after that she woke up and saw her dongsaeng and eomma was running to her and hugged her. She was still half unconcious but she could feel tears kept coming from her eyes.