Chapter 1

A Couple of Kids

"Get away from me you !"

 

I heard a yell as I walked down the staircase. I had never experiencing a peaceful morning ever since my brother, Han Bin secured himself with a girlfriend. And it was just two months since they were in a relationship to get on each other's throat.

 

Opening the fridge, I grabbed peanut butter and jam spread before placing them on the table. I moved to my brother's side on the sofa after toasting some breads.

 

"What's with the poop face?"

 

He threw his phone on the sofa as he messed with his hair in anger. This ungrateful brat. "None of your business."

 

I flicked his forehead, hard enough to make a sound. I smiled mockingly as he grunts while rubbing the pain away. "I wouldn't surprise if those girls want a break from you. There's no girls would like a man who acts like he's on PMS all the time."

 

"Shut up and get yourself a boyfriend," he mutters before reaching the remote on the table and turned the television on.

 

I walked to the kitchen to check on the toasts. "So I wouldn't have to be nosy about your love life?"

 

I guessed there was nothing interesting on the screen as Bin tailed me to the kitchen. His eyes were searching for food, so I spread the peanut butter on the toast and gave it to him. He finished it in one bite.

 

"Exactly. God, this peanut butter tasted so good. Is it the one I asked you to buy?" He exclaimed as he spread the other toast.

 

I put another bread into the toaster and nodded. "Yeah, such a shame I couldn't eat it."

 

He gave me a smug smile before finishing his chew. "Of all mom's good genes, why would you have to take after her allergic to peanut?"

 

I furrowed my brows before shooting him a look. "How should I know? Anyway, I'm going to work in..." I trailed off and glanced on my watch. "Now!"

 

My eyes widened as the hand of the clock showed exactly at nine. I was so doomed! I ran to the bedroom to get my bag and sprinted towards the front door. "Lock the door if you're going out!" I managed to shout, ignoring Bin's chuckles.

 

Today was the first day I'm gonna work for a new client. Somehow, my boss had told me how good I was in applying makeup for broadcast range and that I should get a promotion to be a makeup artist to a newly debut male group. I hoped they weren't too demand or hard to deal with. If they were, they would had makeup brushes shoved right into their throats at the end of the day.

 

How brutal of you, Byul ah. You couldn't even kill a mosquito. I mentally slapped my head for mocking myself.

 

The road was pretty empty in the morning at our neighborhood. I wouldn't stick to the rule to run on the roadside safely when I had a spacious road to run.

 

Just as when I turned in the corner which happened to be in my blind spot, someone had run onto me — which wouldn't make sense since I'm the one who was running, but since the impact I got was quite hard, I supposed this person was running or jogging.

 

"Ow!" My bottom landed on the sturdy road, which was painful as hell. And the force I used by my palms to avoid myself from being injured more badly had resulted them to get bruises and appeared in a blush shade of color.

 

The other person was squatting, looking at me.

 

And I wouldn't deny how the features on his face had caught me off guard. He had these dreamy, hazel pair of eyes and high bridge of nose. And he had thin lips, but any girl would have the urge to kiss it.

 

My heart was pounding so fast, and I remember the last time I felt this way was when I accidentally kissed my crush when I was seven. There's no way such coincidence could happened.

 

This is not some kind of movie, Byul ah.

 

I know, and that is why I was trying to get away from him. Key word, trying.

 

He's not a typical rascal who wore baggy clothes around the area and acted like a brat. He had a reverse snapback on his head — which only made him look stylish. And the way the sweats making its way down to his adam apple to his collarbones was just--

 

"Miss?" He snapped his fingers a few times in front of my eyes before I pulled back to the reality.

 

"Yeah?"

 

He chuckled slightly and I fluttered on how good looking he was. "Are you okay?"

 

I blinked a few times before get up on my feet and brushing away the small stones which might stick to my skinny jeans. "Yeah, I'm alright. I'm sorry for being so clumsy. It happens at times. Anyway I need to go now."

 

I hated the fact that I was so behind the schedule. I would have ask him out if I had extra minutes in my hand. Okay, seriously Han Byul? What made you so confident to ask him out? What made you think a guy as fine as him was single?

 

"I'm sorry too for not being careful. And take care not to bump onto someone else," he gave one killer smile and continued to jog around the block.

 

He left me with this freaking heat on my face! I didn't have to check on the mirror to see how hard I blushed. Sometimes having a marble white skin  didn't advantage you as much in camouflaging when you're blushing.

 

I jogged to grab a taxi nearby, hoping I would manage to leave a good impression to the client. First impression was crucial! And I was repeating that in my mind, while looking out of the window with my head resting against it.