Final

Sorry, I Don't Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stared at the matte screen protector of your phone, hoping to get a reply. Finally, you stopped being a coward and confessed to him awkwardly with multiple smiling emojis in one text. 

I really like you, almost love actually. Will you go out with me? :) :) :D <3

23:56, SEEN

You pursed your lips when you saw the bubble, signalling that Yoongi was typing. Three minutes. Nothing, you waited. Four. None. Five. It was one minute to midnight.

At  last, your crush decided not to reply and left you hanging just like that. You sighed, throwing your head back. Pouting, you buried your face into your fluffy pillow and cursed at yourself for not confessing face-to-face with him earlier in the evening. You saw him by himself today. Yoongi was waiting for the bus alone. This time you actually pushed yourself to him, ready to blurt out those 3 words you wanted to tell him so badly. It was at the tip of your tongue. However, something held you back. Fear of rejection. You were afraid that he might not feel the same. Instead of seeing the chance and taking it, you ran away. Yoongi, of course noticed that you were standing there for a long time, staring at his profile. He let it go, after all, he was used to your stares.

A faint sound of your ringtone filled the silent room as you hurriedly tore the covers off yourself, reaching at your phone at the far corners of the bedside table. It was your best friend, again. You groaned, declining the call before noticing that you had a new text message. Yoongi texted you back. The ends of your lips lifted to form a small smile but fell as soon you read the message.

Sorry, I don't love you.

00:03, SEEN

Tears slid down your beautiful pale skin as you struggled to find the right words to reply him. Your vision was blurred as a few droplets of tears fell on your phone's screen, landing perfectly on his reply. You read the text again, trying to confirm that his rejection was solid and there was nothing you could do to change that.  You read it again, this time, attempting to torture yourself as your eyes scanned his reply.

It's okay

00:04, SENT

He didn't even read your reply.  You were crushed, no doubt.  A knock sounded on your door before it was swung open, revealing your best friend, panting from running a distance to get to your apartment. 

"YAH! WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALL? I NEEDED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING," her high-pitched scream filled the room, just like it has always been when both of you had sleepovers. You gulped, trying to swallow the pressure in your throat. Don't cry. Don't cry. you thought. What were you trying to do anyway? You couldn't swallow grief.

Since she knew you like the back of her hand, she went over to you, her eyes filled with worry.  That was it. You let it all out. The sight of your friend was enough to make you bawl your eyes out. You buried your face into her shoulder and hugged her like your life depended on it. Both of you stayed like that for a while before she gaze fell upon your phone, reading your conversation with him. 

"It's him, right?" you sniffed.

"What?"

"He asked you out instead," you said, wiping your tear-stained face with the hem of your T-shirt. Your friend nodded slowly. You always knew that she and Yoongi had fallen head-over-heels for each other. Although she denied it, you could tell. She would blush whenever he was in sight. He, too, will look down at his shoes, acting shy as she tried to talk to him. Of course, she often accompanied you to strike up a conversation with him, hoping that he would notice you instead. He never did. Never did he pay attention to what you were saying and kept staring at your friend instead.

"What did you say?" you asked, preparing to feel a wave of unpleasant emotions.

"I said yes," she blurted out. You nodded, accepting the fact that he favoured your best friend rather than you.

"Good for you," those words came out dry and insincere. Plastering a fake smile on your face, you picked up your phone and deleted the conversation, pretending that it never happened. You switched off your device, hoping that any form of human interaction would disappear into thin air. 

"Look, I'm really sorr-"

Pursing your lips, you nodded, tears still spilling our from the corners of your eyes. You shot her an unsympathic look before crawling under your covers and shutting your eyes.

"We could still be friends, you know? It doesn't have to end like this."

"I thought you valued our friendship. Well, now I'm convinced that you don't"

"I just-"

"I don't want to hear it. You could've at least hide your affections for him. Clearly you knew I was crushing on him,"

"I tried to. You know well that I can't hide them as good as you can,"

"You are-wait, that, you were my best friend. Can't you just turn him down for my sake?"

"You don't expect me to turn down the guy I love for you, do you? I have a life outside of you. Face it, he loves me and not you," she said. A look of horror washed over your face as soon as those words left her lips.

"How c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter