Chapter 01

05 -

2015

She was only wearing her boyfriend Chanyeol's thick brown sweater. She loves it so much because his scent is there too. His sweet, majestic scent. She sighed and look at her phone, looking at her wallpaper which is a selfie of her and Chanyeol. They look so adorably cute together as if they're in their own little world. It was such a cliche thing to do for couples, but she loves him so much and Chanyeol did the same thing too. Chanyeol didn't text her nor call her for three straight days already. She knew that he was on tour in Japan, but he could atleast give her a call.

She misses him and there's nothing she can do about it. So, she went to her bedroom which is also attached to her mini art studio. She grab her coffee mug and place next to her bed. She looks up at the white ceiling thinking about her busy boyfriend. Who works day and night to satisfy the entertainment world. Her boyfriend who gets sick and pukes backstage and tell the crew that he can continue because he cares. Her boyfriend who secretly holds her hand in the night hour. Her boyfriend who hides her from public.

She turns around and how she misses his presence next to her. The king-sized bed was made for both of them. Chanyeol would come over and hug her all night and said everything he loved about her, telling her how his day went, everything. But the more popularity Chanyeol has gained, the more tight his schedule is and Seul keeps waiting and waiting. No matter what.

Before she could close her eyes to sleep, her phone rang. She looks at the caller I.D and it is Park Chanyeol. She smiles as she slides on to answer. 

"Hey," Chanyeol said with a tired voice. "I miss you." 

"I miss you too," Seul replied. "Can you come over? If you're already tired, you don't have to though."

"I'm already busy with my upcoming scheduels. I just came back from Japan, Seul..." Chanyeol said with more reasons. Seul rolled her eyes and sighed. She faked a laugh, "Oh. Silly me. I can already tell now that you're tired. You need proper rest." 

There was a minute silence on the line. "I'm sorry I forgot to call you for the last three days." Chanyeol spoke. 

"And now you remembered about me and decided to call? Do you really have no time to call or text?" Seul asked, raising her tone.

Chanyeol groans, "Please don't talk about this now, Seul. I'm tired." 

"Then go to sleep, Yeol." Seul said boldly.

Chanyeol sighed, "I miss you." 

"I miss you too. I miss hearing your voice." Seul replied.

Chanyeol lets out a soft smile and started to sing her a lullaby. After he finished singing, he can already hear Seul's breathing on the phone. She is finally asleep. Chanyeol hangs up and look over his picture of Seul as his wallpaper. Chanyeol sighed and whispers, "I love you."

2009

She can only love him from afar. Seul became quiet each day and became more quiet. Watching him, and waiting for a chance, wishing and hoping like a little child. She has a crush on Chanyeol for years now and she just can't get  over him. 

"You see that girl? Her name is Kim Seul and she's my classmate." Baekhyun said wiggling both of his eyebrows while pointing at Seul who's busy reading her story book at the end of the cafeteria. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and glares at Baekhyun. "Are you setting me up with her, Baek?" asked Chanyeol, disbelief at his friend sudden behaviour.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "What do you think?" He pushed Chanyeol forward to her direction, "Just go and approach her! Thank me later!" Baekhyun said happily. 

Chanyeol never shown interest to girls like Seul especially she has 'split personality' in his perspective. Chanyeol has his own type plus he already has a crush on a girl named Byul, and it's just an unrequited love. Some days, Chanyeol saw Seul with her friends acting all rebel but she looks happy with them around and some days she became quiet like she's inside her bubble, her own world. Chanyeol noticed her but he never get to read her. To fulfill his curiousity and he's friend's request, he decided to talk to her. 

"Hey," Chanyeol greeted and sat down next to her. "What are you reading?" He asks.

Seul looks at him, frozen. She blinks repeatedly and her heart beats so fast. Seul looks troubled and Chanyeol noticed how she suddenly became nervous. 

"Uh... I'm reading some... guitar chords." 

Chanyeol became interested when he heard the word guitar. He grab her book and looks over the title, "You play?"

"Yeah. Sometimes. I needed to learn more." She utters.

"What makes you play guitar?" Chanyeol asked.

Because you played it too and I want to be more like you, Seul thought.

To let go off her creepiness of her late night stalking his SNS profiles which became a daily basis. Thankfully, Seul had another reason. "My father. He loves music. He can play too but I don't think he has time to teach me plus he bought it as my first guitar for my birthday. It was vintage from the 90s."

"Cool. I can teach you if you want."

"Sure." Seul replied shamelessly without hesistation.

Chanyeol's eyes wander on her table and saw some of her sketch book, "You can draw?"

"I'm in love with art," Seul replied. She can talk about art to him but she knew Chanyeol wouldn't be interested. "And yes, I draw. Everyday." 

"Can I see it?" Chanyeol points at her sketchbook and Seul handed it to him. He carefully examinate her drawing, unsure what it is. He doesn't understand art but he tries though. "I don't get this." He chuckled nervously as he put his hand onto his nape. 

"It's just a drawing of what's in my mind." 

"Dark and blurry?" Chanyeol asked, staring into her eyes. 

"Yeah, dark and blurry. It explains how I pictured my mind filled with and how I'm currently feeling, everything is dark and blurry." 

Chanyeol now realise Seul is such a dark person. A dark aura that clouded her. She's like that. She's not mysterious but she's a sad story. When you look at her, she's just filled with depression and just plain sadness.

Unlike Chanyeol, he's positive and bright. Chanyeol liked her, he likes the fact that she's different and how her love for art is unexplainable. And for the first time of his life, he finally wanted to thank Baekhyun for introducing her.

"There's always light in the dark. You just have to find it. The light is either from the people who surrouneded you or from yourself. You just needed the right formula for it."

"Like what?"

"Love." 

///

As soon as Seul saw Baekhyun on his way out of the school's area, she grab his wrist, "Did you tell him about me?" Seul asked.

Baekhyun looks at her with his puppy eyes and smirked, "You are my friend. I will help you out with him. Is Chanyeol treating you well?"

"Don't do this, Baekhyun," Seul said, looking at him painfully. "Stop hurting yourself."

Baekhyun remove Seul's grip from his wrist and fake a smile, "I'm already hurt Seul. I like you and I like Chanyeol too. I have seen everything. Your drawings. It's all about Chanyeol and I try my best to keep you move on from him but you still stuck on track." Baekhyun puts both of his hands onto her shoulders and grinned, "Don't worry about me, Seul! I'm gladly to help you guys." 

Seul looks at Baekhyun as he turns his back on her. Slowly walking away from Seul and that's when how she felt bad for Baekhyun. How she wanted to grab him and apologise for liking his close friend, Chanyeol but she can't lie anymore. She can't lie the fact that she's been liking Chanyeol before Baekhyun came along. 

Baekhyun have always been nice to her and give her advices. He cares about her a lot but sadly, their relationships ends there, they only became friends. Baekhyun who value Seul and Chanyeol the most. He felt bad for Seul for liking a guy who wouldn't look at her the same way. With a heavy heart, he choose Seul and Chanyeol's happiness over his.

And he was right, they both became the happy couple in high school and Seul is the only person that knew the whole story how she and Chanyeol actually ended up being together: through Byun Baekhyun.

It was painful for Baekhyun to move on from her especially he loves her so much. But what the heck? He choose to get hurt. 

Break me for 's sake. Just break me apart so I can find the pieces alone.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol still remain close friends. Sometimes Baekhyun would talk to Seul but that's that. Their conversation became shorter and Baekhyun didn't care anymore. His feelings for her vanished and he refuse to love anyone until now. You can say that Seul left a big scar on him but Baekhyun doesn't want to admit it that it was hers.

The scar in him is created by himself, he said.

///

They are both at the top of Chanyeol's dormitories's rooftop, holding each other's hand. The view was so breath-taking. The city of Seoul at night is so amazing. Chanyeol turns Seul's body around to face him and handed her a small turquoise box. Seul's eyes widen as she saw the box, it was a Tiffany & Co. box. 

Chanyeol smiles, "Open it." 

Seul opens it and revealed a two rings with customized words inside of the ring. Chanyeol grab one of the rings and said, "This is for you." He grab her left hand and insert the ring. 

The word inside her ring says: 

Owner of Park Chanyeol. 27.11.92. Sagittarius. 

And Chanyeol's ring: 

Owner of Kim Seul. 03.05.93. Taurus. 

Seul did the same and hug him tightly, "It's not even our anniversary, idiot," she whispers making Chanyeol chuckles. "Thank you." Seul smiles. 

"I love you." Chanyeol whispers into her ear and hug her even more tightly.

///

Author's Note:

Hey, this is first fan-fiction for AFF. Sorry if there's any grammar/spelling mistakes. If I have time, I will review it over. English isn't my main language so you can tell there's a lot of grammar mistakes and how my writing style is. Hehe, hope you enjoy the first chapter since there'll more chapters ahead. (Spoiler Alert: It ends until Chapter 7)

Oh, and also this fan-fiction first published on Wattpad by me also. (I've already mentioned it that I will publish here too)

Cheeers x