Prologue

Hold Me Tight

We were having a dinner at a restaurant since tonight will be the last day we had a dinner together. Tomorrow, my parents will take a flight later in the evening and leave for Japan because of business work. 

"Seulyi-ah, you know that omma and appa will stay in Japan for six months, right?" Appa asked as he stopped eating. 

 

"Nae." 

 

"Omma and appa are really worried about you. You are gonna live in your own for a long time. After thinking a few times, I have make a decision."

 

I put down the chopsticks as appa's face turned serious.

 

"You are going to engage with my friend's son and he will look after you since we are gone." 

 

'W-What?!'

 

'"Appa! W-What are you saying? Why-" 

 

"Listen to me. Seulyi-ah, I know you are a good girl and can take a good care of yourself. But, it still dangerous for a young girl like you living alone for a long time! I'm scared that something bad might happen to you when we are not here. I don't want anything bad happen to you, girl. That's why I decided to let you engage with someone that I trust."

 

"W-Who is that guy and what makes you trust him so much?!" I tried to deny everything that I heard just know but still I'm curious what is special about him that makes appa decide this engagement for me.

 

"Perhaps, do you still remember Mr Kim?"

 

'Mr Kim?' I think I heard his name before.

 

"Hmm, he is one of your business partner, right?" 

 

"Yeah and he is also my old friend. We have been friends for years and I know his family very well. His son, Kim Taehyung is the guy that you will engage with."

 

"K-Kim Taehyung?"

 

"You have met with him once when you were young. Probably, you don't remember him because it was a long time ago."

 

'Really?' 

I remained silent as I am still shock with appa's decision. I am too young to get engage. What if my classmates and the whole school know about this matter? 

 

"But I don't- " 

 

"Seulyi-ah, omma and appa love you so much. We want the best for you. I don't think I can do my work properly if I am thinking about your safety, girl. I am going to think about you all the time if I left you alone without someone to take care of you." Omma hold my hand tightly, trying to get me understand her.

 

"It's not like you're going to get married early too. Both of you are still young and I understand that. You can take this chance to know him better, so do him. Who knows, both of you will fall for each other soon." Appa smiled.

 

'F-Fall for him? Will I?'

 

"Then, how about him? Have you tell him about this?" I am scared if he accept me without his willing.

 

"Of course. I talked with him on the phone last week. At first, he was shocked too with my sudden request but two days later, he called me back and agreed with the engagement."

 

He accept me without any resistants? But, what makes him decided to accept me? 

 

"So, do you agree?" I can tell that appa really want me to accept his favor. I looked into his eyes and then change to omma who sat beside me. They want the best for me, and I know that really well.

 

Finally, I nodded although my heart is hard to accept this engagement.