No time

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 hour left…

tick tock tick tock tick tock

I clutched onto Chaerin’s hand as we ran into the forest. We were running for our lives as if we were wanted convicts. Uneasiness took over me. I bit my bottom lip so hard that I could taste the metallic blood inside. It was the taste of fear.  I titled my head see if the white figure was nearby. He was not in sight but one thing for sure was that he was definitely after me. I shuddered when the image of his crimson eyes popped in my head.

I felt the time travel button vibrating inside my pocket of my jeans.

“Jiyong your pants is flashing something red!” screamed Chaerin.

“Don’t worry it’s just my phone,” I lied. I knew it was the time travel button. The red return button was the flashing, warning me about the time I have left.

“What’s going on Ji? Why are we running?“

“Do you trust me?” 

“I do.”

“Then keep running,”

“I’m scared Ji.”

“Don’t be. I will always protect you,”

We were running away from this unknown white thing. I was running away from my fears. I had eyes behind my back. I needed to know if it was close by.  I brushed past the twisted tree branches. The long grass kept slapping our legs as all sorts of insects crawled up our legs. The only sounds heard were our heavy breathing and the loud crunches of the dead leaves. I looked behind me and felt my face turned white as pale as a ghost. My head was throbbing out of fear. He was there. He was behind us.

I don’t want to go back.

I can’t go back.

The painful memories etched in my head.

“Chae! Watch out! ”I yelled at the top of my lungs as I stood at the opposite side of the street. The bright red car screeched as the driver did his best to slam down the break. There were screams and cars honked ...but it was too late.  The car was out of control and drove towards Chaerin.

I needed to stop this. I don’t want this as my future.  She meant so much to me. I've tasted a world without her.

“No, no, no, no,” I kept saying to myself. 

I don't want history to repeat itself.

The past haunted me.  I don’t care if I’m messing with time travel. I can’t let her go. I looked ahead and noticed two paths. I forgot which path was the exit. There was no time and he was catching up. I listened to my gut and headed for the path on the right.

“We’re nearly there Chae. Hang in there.”

Chaerin was out of breath from all the running but she placed her all her trust in me.  Only Chaerin u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter