Kiss Me Goodnight

Drive Me Home

Only a week had passed since Junhong had a certain man with vibrant hair in the backseat of his cab. His job since then had been dull just as it was beforehand. Junhong hadn't yet worked up the courage to contact Daehyun, which was quite stupid considering he was the one given the number. Yet Junhong couldn't help but fear the possible rejection nonetheless. With a strained sigh he willed himself to stand from his couch and grab his coat from the table along with his keys. He slipped on the article of clothing and into a pair of shoes by his door, exiting his apartment with a dismal plan for the night.

The night air was cold to his lungs and Junhong took a deep breath to try and accommodate to the temperature, His long legs led the way to the closest bar. Joan's. Sure maybe it wasn't the best plan to go drinking in order to distract himself from a certain someone, but Junhong didn't really praise himself for making the best decisions.

It didn't take long to arrive at the run down bar that contained endless swarms of drunks and people desperate for ual attention, a few turning Junhong's way as he entered the bar. He brushed them off and made his way to the bar, ordering the first strong drink that came to his distracted mind. It arrived not long after and time began passing in a blur. People danced and music boomed loudly in his eardrums. A headache quickly formed after a few more drinks and his vision began to blur as he gazed into the mess of a dance floor.

Junhong?” At the sound of his name being called the tall male turned his head in the direction he believed the voice to be coming from, furrowing his brows when finding no one familiar in sight. His eyes lingered a moment longer until he felt someone tap his shoulder. His head quickly whipped around, disorienting him for a quick second before his dark eyes managed to focus on the figure in front of him.

Daehyun..?” He slurred out, tilting his head to the side in confusion as he gazed to the man with strawberry hair in front of him. Daehyun smiled, amused.

Funny running into you here.” He said, picking up Junhong's glass and taking a short sip, cringing at the taste. “Strong choice.” He commented, setting the glass back down atop the counter with a clink. Junhong didn't answer, instead still debating in his mind if the man in front of him was the real Jung Daehyun or some fake his mind decided to make up in it's drunken haze.

'S good to see you.” He drawled, words slurring together. Junhong did his best to manage a smile but in retrospect it probably came off as more of a grimace than anything. He opted to ignore Daehyun's comment about his alcohol choice, not wanting to admit it was really only for the purpose of getting wasted. Junhong was never one to favor strong drinks, or really drinking in general, but Daehyun didn't need to know that. “Sorry.. didn't call..” He mumbled, unable to meet the eyes he could feel attentive one his skin. “Nervous..”

A smile broke out on Daehyun's lips and he let out a soft chuckle, relieved that nerves were the only think keeping Junhong from contacting him. He'd been becoming paranoid it was because the tall man currently drunk in front of him wasn't interested. Good to see that wasn't the case. Daehyun was about to say something more when Junhong's head hit the bar with a loud thud, his eyes fluttering closed as he lost conciousness. The noise gathered the attention of the bartender and a few others nearby for a moment and Daehyun waved them off, looping one of Junhong's arms over his shoulder to support him. He paid the younger boys tab and together they stumbled out of the bar and into the cold evening air.

It took roughly eight minutes for Daehyun to successfully hail a taxi, a real pain. Once they were both seated in the back and on their way to his apartment, the red head smiled. It was a bit ironic to be in the back of a taxi with Junhong instead of him occupying the drivers seat. Yet as he felt a head of dark hair being rested on his shoulder Daehyun easily decided he liked this much better.

~

When they arrived at Daehyun's small apartment he couldn't have been more relieved. Carrying someone taller than him up two stories wasn't exactly easy. With a relieved sigh Daehyun plopped Junhong down onto the couch in his living room, throwing a blanket over him and stuffing a pillow under his head. After making sure his guest was situated Daehyun made his way to the kitchen, filling a glass with water and grabbing himself a quick snack. He set the glass of water on the table beside the couch and was about to leave for his room when a small groan came from Junhong.

Snmhm..” He muttered, shifting under the blanket and opening his tired eyes to gaze up to Daehyun with confusion evident in his eyes. “Stay.. 'n kiss..” At the drunken request Daehyun lit up with a bright blush. He wasn't quite sure if he had heard correctly for a moment, but when Junhong's long and lanky arms were opened up in his directions he knew he had literally just been asked for a goodnight kiss.

After a drawn out moment of silence in which Daehyun struggled with his words and Junhong only beckoned more wildly with his arms, a decision was eventually reached. With hesitant steps the elder made his way to the drunken boy on his couch and leaned down to plant a soft kiss on his temple. His blush was still bright but the younger just grinned, his dimple becoming prominent on his soft cheeks.

Goodnight Junhong.” And after receiving a slurred reply, Daehyun cuddled his way onto the couch and into awaiting arms. Not caring that his back would ache the next morning from their awkward position, and instead cherishing the warmth emitted from the arms surrounding him.