Memories

Let Him Go

"Remember when...?"

"I don't think I want to remember."

"For Christ's sakes, I meant when we got together."

"Don't you mean now?"

"Right--."

"You are such an idiot, hyung."

Jaebum slowly opened his eyes as he remembered a past conversation he had with his lover. It irritated him slightly yet it amused him. It was still a mystery to him how a nerd like him could even make the most popular guy in school turn and look at him. He yawned quietly and reached to grab his glasses from his desk in his dorm room. Yet his glasses were gone from his desk. "Heh? Where are my glasses?" Jaebum muttered to himself as he sat up slowly. 

"Right here!" a cheerful voice chirped as an unknown stranger slipped the said glasses over Jaebum's eyes. Jaebum felt slight irritation as he looked up at the owner of the cheerful voice. "And just why did you even take my glasses, hyung?" he asked. Mark could only give his signature smile while moving to sit down on Jaebum's lap. "You look cuter and much more handsome without them on! Stop calling me hyung outside of school, baby," he whined cutely. 

"Just cause we're lovers and roommates doesn't give you permission to take my glasses and sit on my lap," Jaebum grumbled as he tried to remove Mark from his lap.

"But you like the attention I give you, don't cha?" Mark asked while smiling innocently. Jaebum gulped at that question as he turned away to hide his embarrassed face from Mark. "That might be true....," he trailed off. Mark could only chuckle as he reached over and turned Jaebum's head around slightly before he leaned in to press his lips against Jaebum's quickly. 'Ah...this nerd is way too cute for anyone else to see," he thought as he pulled away from the kiss quickly. In front of Mark's eyes, Jaebum's cheeks were red as he looked away from Mark. "Warn me when you do something like that!" he mumbled.

"You like it though," Mark teased as he moved to sit next to Jaebum. 

"You're the only other person who does that to me," Jaebum merely sighed while laying his head on Mark's shoulder.

"Don't tell me that he did it again-," Mark slowly saw red as he growled.

"I don't mean that. Jinyoung teases me just as much as you, hyung," Jaebum answered while lightly Mark's side. Mark felt jealousy stir inside of him when he heard Jaebum talk about his ex. Jaebum watched Mark's reaction before chuckling softly. "Hyung, don't be bothered by him. I let him go. He let me go. Now I'm with you, aren't I?" he said in a soft voice, which made Mark melt easily. 

"That's true...I'm glad that you're with me," Mark mumbled. He moved one arm around Jaebum's waist while smiling softly. "When did you finally let him go from your mind?" he asked while pressing a light kiss on Jaebum's hair. 

"Probably the minute you stormed into his room and yelled your confession to me. Needless to say, you ended up captivating me," Jaebum could only chuckle. Mark felt his cheeks redden slightly at the memory. "The old times, eh?" he mumbled.

"Back when we both were in different worlds..." Jaebum trailed off as he squeezed Mark's hand gently. Mark smiled softly as they both went back to days where they only acknowledged each other's existence.

-----Flashback-----

"Oih, Mark! Why do you keep spacing out?" Jackson called out. Mark was sitting with his usual friends and eating lunch but he found himself looking out the window again. He usually doesn't ignore his friends but his object or rather the person that caught his interest was just outside the school building, sitting on the ledge of a water fountain and reading through some book that Mark probably couldn't name. He couldn't name it but there was something rather alluring to watch a rather nice looking man reading. But to further interest Mark even more, this guy was wearing glasses. Mark had a huge weakness for men or women wearing glasses. But this guy...the fact that he was sporting a serious expression while wearing glasses, a white blouse that was almost completely buttoned up, clean slacks and a pair of fancy shoes made Mark stare and daydream about him for hours. "Hey! Earth to daydream boy!" Jackson waved his hand in front of Mark's face. Mark snapped out his daydream and looked over at Jackson. "What is it?" he asked.

"How long are you gonna be ignoring us?" Jackson grumbled. Jinyoung, Youngjae and Yugyeom looked over at Mark with a confused look. Mark shrugged his shoulders while smiling. "Sorry sorry. I was just looking at someone," he answered softly. 

"Who ya staring at?" Youngjae asked as he pointed out the window.

"Is it that guy walking with the girl? Man, if I'm right, you have bad taste in women, Mark," Jinyoung suggested before snickering.

"No. It's not that couple!" Mark shook his head quickly.

"Do you mean that hot guy sitting on that ledge of the water fountain?" Yugyeom asked as he pointed to said person. Mark nodded while smiling sheepishly. "He does have pretty nice piercings," Jackson commented as he started to eat his lunch. 

"His clothes are really fancy...wonder where he got those," Yugyeom added as he plopped down next to Jackson.

"Oh. His eyes are really nice to look at. Isn't he a model, Jinyoung?" Youngjae said as he turned to look at Jinyoung.

"Yeah. He still is a model. A super hot and popular one but the media is still trying to figure out his real identity," Jinyoung answered quietly.

"Wait, how do you know that?" Mark asked as he turned to look at Jinyoung. Jackson and Yugyeom turned to look at Jinyoung while Jinyoung fidgeted slightly. "He's...my ex-boyfriend," he answered quietly. The whole room became quiet as all four of them gaped at Jinyoung. So the guy Mark was daydreaming about was Jinyoung's elusive ex. Mark started to feel slightly bad for looking at Jinyoung's ex that way but he couldn't help to stare at the perfection before his eyes. Youngjae walked over and patted Jinyoung on the back. "So...," he awkwardly started.

"Wait a minute," Jackson interrupted. Everyone looked up at Jackson with a puzzled expression on their faces. "Isn't your ex...the council president? And the model you were talking about...isn't that him right here?" Jackson asked as he pointed to a picture of a male posing in a magazine that he started to flip through. The other four looked to see what Jackson was pointing at before gasping in surprise. The model aka the council president was wearing a suit and tie while sitting on a leather chair, looking at something. Mark didn't know what was worse. The fact that he felt slightly guilty that he might be lusting over Jinyoung's ex or the fact that the ex was looking even more handsome than he has before.  "What's his name?" he asked while taking the magazine from Jackson and flipping through it.

"Im Jaebum," the other four said in unison. Mark looked up in surprise that they all knew. "How do you all know?"

"You're the only person who doesn't attend the morning ceremony on the first day of school," Jinyoung snickered.

"Well...I-," Mark started.

"That 'I was sleeping' excuse doesn't really cut it," Jackson interrupted as he shook his head slightly.

"Even if Mark went, he probably would be sleeping in his chair or staring at the council president like he is now," Youngjae teased.

"Hey!" Mark exclaimed. 

"Well, it's true," Yugyeom agreed while munching on his food. Mark could only wonder why he got stuck with four dorks as friends before someone had knocked on the door. Jinyoung nudged Mark lightly on his shoulder as his way of telling him to get the door. Mark grumbled before heading off to open the door. Right in front of him was the said person that they were just talking about. Mark felt his cheeks redden slightly as he tried to smile nicely. "Hey, prez. Whatcha need?" he tried to ask calmly while leaning against the door. 

"You guys make a lot of racket right next to the council room. Would you mind lowering it?" Jaebum answered while smiling lightly. Mark felt that he would melt just from Jaebum's smile. "We-I...uh...," he stuttered as he tried to collect his thoughts.

"Are you okay, Yien?" Jaebum asked while looking at him innocently. 

"Yeah. Are you okay, Yien?" Jackson imitated Jaebum while laughing. Mark started to get lost in his thoughts as he tried to find some way to answer the council president. Jaebum looked over at Mark's shoulder and glared right at Jackson before speaking. "Do you have a problem with how I address people, Wang Puppy?" he asked in a soft tone as he slipped his glasses off slightly. Jinyoung shivered at the tone while Jackson felt a cold chill run down his spine. Youngjae went pale slightly as Yugyeom snickered at Jackson. "N-no, sir!" Jackson managed to say a meek voice. 

"I thought so," Jaebum nodded once as he slid his glasses back up to his eyes. He turned to walk away as he waved to the five guys. "Keep it down, please. If not, I will see to it that all of you have cleaning duty," he said in a pleasant tone. Mark snapped out of his thoughts and reached out to grab Jaebum's arm. "Wait!" he said. Jaebum slowly turned to look at Mark with a slight surprised expression. "Yes? What is it, Yien?" he asked softly. Mark pulled Jaebum back and hugged him from behind. Jaebum looked at him with confusion as the other four looked at Mark with shock. "Mark!" Jinyoung yelled.

"Yien, just what are you doing?" Jaebum asked in a calm tone. Mark looked up at Jaebum and reached up to gently his cheek. "You're really cute...," he whispered softly into Jaebum's ear. Jaebum felt his ears redden quickly while the other four were slightly gagging. "Good lord, Mark...," Jackson shook his head slightly.

"It was sweet," Youngjae nodded.

"Since when was Mark ever this cheesy?" Yugyeom asked while trying not to laugh.

"Let go of him, Mark," Jinyoung said in a low tone.

"Why should I? He isn't yours anymore, right?" Mark retorted.

"Excuse me but I'm still here," Jaebum quietly growled as he placed both of his hands on Mark's shoulders and pushed him off. Mark was pushed back and almost fell down if it weren't for the table he had grabbed on to. Jinyoung looked at Jaebum but Jaebum didn't even glance at him. "Before you learn to swoon someone, you should learn that I'm a person. Not an object to win in the game, Yien," he said in a cold voice before he turned and disappeared into the council room. Mark stared in shock while the other three were shuddering from Jaebum's tone of voice. Jinyoung could only laugh as he leaned against the wall. "What a great first impresiion you must have given, Mark," he said as he continued to laugh.

"Hey! It was your fault!" Mark exclaimed.

"My fault?" Jinyoung questioned.

"Mark, if you hadn't put your arms around the prez, he probably would have thought differently from you," Yugyeom snickered.

"His ears were red. Must've been the first time where he heard an indirect confession," Jackson added while sliding a small container of Mark's favorite soup over.

"Did I really...?" Mark asked "But I didn't say outright that I liked him."

"I think you saying 'You're really cute' to the prez is seen as confessing, moron," Jinyoung mumbled. Jackson and Yugyeom nodded their head while Youngjae was curling his fingers slightly. "Really cringe worthy moment of the year," he said. Mark was about to say something before some guys appeared at the door. "Yien, did you make the prez blush?" one guy asked casually. Mark could only nod before Yugyeom snorted. "It was so nasty. Yien's hella cheesy, apparently." he answered. Everyone laughed except for Mark. "Yah!" he yelled. Another guy put his hands up to make a gesture. "Calm down, man. We aren't going after your man. Besides, we just came by to give you a bunch of magazines that the prez is in," the guy said as he tossed a bag over to Mark. Mark caught it easily before taking one and looking through it. "Boy, won't your fans be sad when they hear you fell for the prez," the same guy said before he and his friends walked off. Mark felt his cheeks redden when he looked through the pictures of the council president modeling. "Well damn. He is hot," Jackson commented while looking over Mark's shoulder.

"If he was that hot, wonder why he and Jinyoung didn't work out," Youngjae said as he looked at Jinyoung.

"Eh. We just fell out of love. He and I were not as intimate as we had expected," Jinyoung shrugged.

"Aw...poor Jinyoungie," Yugyeom reached over and patted Jinyoung on the shoulder. 

"Shouldn't we finish up lunch? Class is gonna start soon," Jinyoung commented while flicking Yugyeom's forehead. Yugyeom whined while Youngjae and Jackson laughed. "Well, I finished and so did everyone else...except lover boy over there," Jackson mused. Reaching out, Jinyoung grabbed Mark by the collar and walked off to their next class. Mark had put the magazine away and looked over at Jinyoung. "I can walk, you know."

"Well you were distracted and we are almost done with classes so let's go and finish today up," Jinyoung mused. Mark could nod in agreement as he was dragged off to his next class. His other three friends were following behind them while laughing.

--------End Flashback---------

"Now I remember when we first met each other," Jaebum said while moving to lace his fingers with Mark's fingers. 

"I do too...it wasn't a good first impression, was it?" Mark grimaced at the memory.

"It really wasn't since you were pretty tongue tied and that hug was unexpected," Jaebum snickered lightly. Mark could only turn red in embarrassment while sighing. "You make me weak in the knees, ya know?" he played with Jaebum's fingers as he laid his head on top of Jaebum's.

"Well, you do...the...same...to...me..," Jaebum trailed off as his cheeks reddened. Mark reached down and tilted Jaebum's head up to him. He leaned down slightly and pressed a kiss on Jaebum's cheeks. "You are really too cute," he said softly while grinning. Jaebum looked up at Mark and chuckled before he lightly snuggled up to him. "Do you have plans?" he asked softly.

"Not really. Is there something you want, baby?" Mark answered while internally squealing at how cute Jaebum was acting. 

"I wanted to ask...if you would spend the night with me and just cuddle while remembering our times together...," Jaebum said while looking down shyly.

"...How are you this cute but when you model, you're a different story?" Mark asked as he turned slightly and pushed Jaebum down onto his bed. He wrapped his arms around Jaebum while pressing light kisses on his cheek. Jaebum smiled softly as he reached behind and pulled a blanket over the both of them. He thought of something before leaning up to whisper something into Mark's ear. "Uh...I...love you, Yien," he laid back down while turning his head slightly to cover his red face. Mark widened his eyes in surprise and promptly started to press kisses all over Jaebum's face. Jaebum quietly giggled and squirmed slightly under Mark. "Ah, this reminds me of when you confessed," he said softly while reaching up to cup Mark's cheeks with both of his hands. Mark had stopped pressing kisses and smiled embarrassedly. "Ah. I remember that too...seems like it was just yesterday," he murmured quietly.

------------Flashback----------------

Jaebum was sitting in Jinyoung's room, looking through a book while waiting for Jinyoung to finish his bath. He was half sleepy and half aware that Jinyoung had something to discuss with him. As he flipped through the book, Jaebum had a faint inkling what Jinyoung wanted to talk to him about. At that time, Jinyoung came out from the bathroom with clean clothes and a towel around his neck. "So, what do you want to talk about, Jinyoung?" Jaebum asked as Jinyoung plopped down next to Jaebum.

"Mark," Jinyoung answered simply.

"What about him?" Jaebum asked coolly.

"Do you have feelings for him?" Jinyoung inquired while looking over at Jaebum.

"I don't know. He's interesting," Jaebum nodded once as he turned to look at Jinyoung "Do you like him or something?"

"No no. He's one of my best friends," Jinyoung looked away while sighing.

"Ah. Are you going to tell me not to hurt him?" Jaebum put the book on Jinyoung's lap as he started to stand up.

"Well, yes and no. Jaebum...when did you start to fall for him?" Jinyoung asked as he looked up at Jaebum.

"He's very...interesting to watch. You and him are almost alike. I don't see you in him but I see him...as someone I can tell secrets and he can keep them well," Jaebum let a small smile. Jinyoung sighed but he felt happy that he and his ex could move on while being good friends. He then snickered as he stood up and moved closer to Jaebum before whispering into his ear. "I know a way to get Mark to confess to you." Jaebum raised an eyebrow in interest. "Oh really?" he asked "How?" 

"Mark is right outside my door waiting for you. Why don't we pretend we're gonna kiss each other?" Jinyoung grinned mischeviously.

"I don't think that would go really well, Jinyoungie," Jaebum shook his head while laughing softly.

"Oh come on~. I'll just kiss your cheek and then very loudly say something like...'I'm going to kiss you on the lips'," Jinyoung chuckled as he leaned over and pressed a light kiss on Jaebum's cheek. Jaebum could only chuckle as he nodded. "Alright, let's do it then," he said softly before moving one hand to Jinyoung's neck. Jinyoung smirked as he became quiet to hear if Mark was still outside. Sure enough, he heard Mark grumbling to himself and then Mark trying to coax Jackson to open Jinyoung's door for him. Jaebum merely shook his head while laughing quietly. "What a cutie," he murmured. Jinyoung just snickered as he grabbed Jaebum by the collar and pulled him close. "I'm going to kiss you on the lips now, Jaebum," he said loudly. 

"SAY WHAT?!" Mark's voice was loud and clear. Jinyoung was silently laughing before his door was kicked open. Mark was standing at the doorway with a menacing expression. Jaebum widened his eyes slightly in surprise at his look and before he knew it, Mark was in front of him and kissing him on the lips. Jinyoung and Jackson stood there in shock as Mark pulled away slowly from the kiss. Jaebum's face turned completely red as he touched his own lips with his fingers. Mark looked over at Jinyoung and said loudly. "JINYOUNG, I LIKE JAEBUM!" Jaebum felt his face darken even more while he looked up at Mark. Jinyoung and Jackson had moved on from their shock before Jinyoung started to laugh loudly. Mark and Jackson looked startled as Jaebum moved to hold Mark's hand. "Mark...it was just a set up," he mumbled. Mark turned to look at Jaebum and blinked once. "Heh?" 

"It was a set up," Jaebum repeated.

"Set up for...Ah...," Mark was speechless as he turned to look at Jinyoung. Jinyoung smirked as he grabbed Jackson's hand and dragged him away. "Have fun, lovebirds!" he waved off before closing the door. Jaebum and Mark looked at each other shyly. Mark started to rub the back of his neck while looking away from Jaebum. "So...you like me?" Jaebum whispered while blushing.

"Yeah...I like you...a lot," Mark nodded quickly while lacing his fingers with Jaebum's fingers.

"Uh...how..erm...," Jaebum tried to collect his thoughts. Mark moved in front of Jaebum and squeezed his hand gently. "I like you, Jaebum. Will you...uhm...be my boyfriend?" he asked shyly. Jaebum felt his cheeks turn pink as he looked at Mark before nodding once. Mark moved closer and hugged Jaebum close to him while smiling widely. Jaebum could only squirm a little bit before relaxing into Mark's hold.

-----------End Flashback-------------

"Ah...that was embarrassing..." Mark murmured quietly into Jaebum's neck.

"I thought it was very sweet actually," Jaebum gently played with Mark's hair while chuckling softly.

"Me screaming that I like you is sweet?" Mark looked at Jaebum with questioning eyes.

"Well...I never...well...you're the first person who ever confessed to me," Jaebum smiled embarrassedly as he lightly pecked Mark's forehead. Mark started to kiss all over Jaebum's face. "Stop being so cute, baby!" he exclaimed.

"But you love me, don't you?" Jaebum gently nuzzled into Mark while making a cute expression.

"Ah...you..cannot do this to anyone...not even to your ex," Mark demanded.

"Of course. Of course. He's in the past. Let him go, silly billy," Jaebum grinned.

"Okay okay. I love you...Do you love me?" Mark pouted a little bit.

"Yes. I love you too," Jaebum said softly while lightly kissing Mark on the nose. Mark smiled widely as he pressed a light kiss on Jaebum's lips while cuddling with him. 

"I love you."

"And I love you too, dummy."