Alternate;

Alphabet Soup

 

Alternate;

                I stared at him. He was sitting on his bed, reading a book. Like he does every night, nothing special. I was standing in the door way, contemplating my next move, when he looked up at me, his eyse un-accusing, but I still felt guilty. All I did was stand there and look at his expressionless face, blinking.

“Are you okay Kibum?” I looked down at the ground, and back into Jjong’s eyes. I nodded at him stiffly.

“Come sit,” he said patting a spot on the bed by his feet.

“Jjong…” I said sitting where his hand was, pulling my legs in a crisscrossed position. “Can we pretend for a moment, that we lived an alternate life?” he looked at me with a confused eyes, I scooted close to him, and he set his book down on the side table.

“What do you mean?”

“Well in this life, we aren’t idols, and we don’t have screaming fans and the media breathing down our necks all the time. We aren’t best friends either, but we aren’t strangers. In this world, racism and prejudice doesn’t exist, because everyone is happy with themselves.” He swallowed before he asked his next question.

“And why are we in this world?” I moved closer to him still, he moved closer to me, until our chests were pressed against each others, with our noses touching, our breathing uneven.

“So I can do this…”