Of Jokes and Unfamiliar Surroundings

Dichotomy {Choose-Your-Own-Adventure with 17 or BTS}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of Jokes and Unfamiliar Surroundings

“Guys, I think the new manager’s assistant has arrived – and she’s brought us heaps of food as well! Looks like you’ve got a lot of sense; food is the easiest way to bribe Seungkwan, and if you’ve got Seungkwan, you’ve got all of us! I’m DK, by the way, but you can call me Seokmin.”

You don’t really remember what happens in the next few minutes – you’re still startled by what Seokmin has just said to you – so it’s no surprise that you suddenly find yourself ushered into your apartment amidst a small chorus of welcomes. Except it’s not your apartment. It doesn’t look anything like the place you’ve been living in for the past two years with your thirteen best friends.

For one thing, it’s not exactly dirty, but you cleaned two days ago, and there aren’t meant to be so many beanies, socks and backpacks scattered on the floor.

For another, the furniture is all rearranged, and some of it is rather worn and threadbare. There’s even an ugly tartan lounge sitting in the middle of their recreation area, and the sight of it makes you raise your eyebrows. The Jeonghan you know would rather let someone shave him bald than let a tatty old sofa like that into their home.

What in the world?

You realise that not all of them are there, but the ones who are have begun talking extremely loudly, extremely excitedly, and it makes the ache in your head suddenly piercing. You let out a soft, barely there groan, although it isn’t quiet enough because a hand suddenly finds itself on your shoulder.

“Are you okay?” a kind voice says beside you, and you don’t even need to turn to know that it’s Joshua. “You said you got hit by a bicycle on the way here…? Maybe you should sit down.”

“I’m fine, Josh,” you say absently, brushing his hand off. You don’t notice the startled look on his face at your repl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter